Samsung S6 very slow on android 7.0, anyone else having issues? Can anyone help please?

Found 23rd Feb
Everything is just really lagging.

For example 60% of the time when I press the physical hard home button it takes 2-3 seconds for all the apps to appear.

I have tried factory reset and clearing caches in recovery.

What else can I do? Or has the phone just had its day?
Community Updates
AskElectronics
15 Comments
Have you tried playing around with some of the developer options? Scaling etc
I’m assuming you have tried to do the latest updates? I know it has been known that manufacturers so slow down older phones.

I would also double check the date and time too. I have known it to cause lagging.
Also, power saving modes cause lag.

Task managers are a waste of time. Cause more problem than cure and slow the system down too.
Edited by: "SJHan" 23rd Feb
pricesavvy8 m ago

I’m assuming you have tried to do the latest updates? I know it has been k …I’m assuming you have tried to do the latest updates? I know it has been known that manufacturers so slow down older phones. I would also double check the date and time too. I have known it to cause lagging.

Yea latest updates are on just checked
SJHan6 m ago

Also, power saving modes cause lag.Task managers are a waste of time. …Also, power saving modes cause lag.Task managers are a waste of time. Cause more problem than cure and slow the system down too.

No power saving or task managers
SJHan11 m ago

Have you tried playing around with some of the developer options? Scaling …Have you tried playing around with some of the developer options? Scaling etc

Not tried any developer options shouldn't have to though should be quick out the box..
Backup.. Factory reset phone. Good idea to factory rest when problems start or once a year if you can be bothered.
wayners1 m ago

Backup.. Factory reset phone. Good idea to factory rest when problems …Backup.. Factory reset phone. Good idea to factory rest when problems start or once a year if you can be bothered.

Already factory reset a week ago
adamwilko00711 m ago

Not tried any developer options shouldn't have to though should be quick …Not tried any developer options shouldn't have to though should be quick out the box..

It's not out the box though, is it! It's quite an old phone now.
root and install a custom rom, debloat and scaling, phone should not be slow and can be tweaked to be usable for another 2 years atleast, nerd it out if you can't be asked then thats what oems want, they want you to be dumb and just buy a new phone when it (slows down)
Buy a new phone if its bugging you. Would drive me mad now as have not had lag problems for 2+ years. Plenty of good phones available at sensible money
wayners8 m ago

Buy a new phone if its bugging you. Would drive me mad now as have not had …Buy a new phone if its bugging you. Would drive me mad now as have not had lag problems for 2+ years. Plenty of good phones available at sensible money

What phone have you had and what would you recommend now? Might bang this on ebay. Would love best camera possible.. Don't think I will buy Samsung again second phone which has been knackered after 2 years had s4 previous
Creatishh23rd Feb

root and install a custom rom, debloat and scaling, phone should not be …root and install a custom rom, debloat and scaling, phone should not be slow and can be tweaked to be usable for another 2 years atleast, nerd it out if you can't be asked then thats what oems want, they want you to be dumb and just buy a new phone when it (slows down)

I used to flash cynagmod on s4 and a few others but they were so buggy and errored a lot. Are they better these days?
I think it's good to get 2 years out of a phone. Anything else is a bonus in my book as the 500 charge cycles gets hit around then plus the damage incurred over time ect. Loads of phones from lg to htc with good cameras at under £300. Keep looking at one plus 5t but I'll stick with xiaomi. I don't plan on spending more than £200 on a phone. That's me though... We all want different things but lots of choice
Edited by: "wayners" 23rd Feb
I'm gonna say rogue app. I have an S6 using the latest software for it. I had a problem recently whereby I had massive battery drain overnight. I uninstalled apps I never really used and it fixed it.
Ususally it's a rogue app. Also, check for any software updates. I had one just a few weeks ago.

33320280-aeRWU.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions