Expired

Samsung S7 Edge - Cracked Screen

13 Comments

Mate it don't look good. There's stuff all over the internet about the S7 Edge screen, although I expect you've already seen it and that's why you're gutted.

repairaphone.co.uk/sam…s7/

My S6 edge has been skimmed across road drunk getting out of a taxi and still going strong.
So many drops, I hear a bang on the floor and dread to pick it up.
Seems it only ever lands on the metal rim when I look at it.
Can't make you feel any better though.
Maybe becoming waterproof has stopped it being so strong? Like an overlook.
Edited by: "geebeegooner" 7th Jun 2016

What's that mate you left your phone in your gym bag and reversed over it in your car by accident? Should be covered on your car insurance.

Generally for a phone this expensive u have insurance..........

You should check to see if you have insurance with the bank. I know Halifax offer with the ultimate reward account, it covers loss , theft and accidental damage

What's that mate you left your phone in your gym bag and reversed over it … What's that mate you left your phone in your gym bag and reversed over it in your car by accident? Should be covered on your car insurance.

No you misheard, he dropped it in the garden and needs to claim on his home contents insurance.

A repair from samsung or at a repair shop is going to cost you an arm and a leg. The whole LCD will need to be replaced as repairing just the glass has been found impossible without damaging the LCD underneath. As these devices are pretty new a new LCD assembly is going to be very expensive.

Having a closer look at my phone today the glass on the screen has marked … Having a closer look at my phone today the glass on the screen has marked on 2 seperate places as well. I'm not even exaggerating when I say this was the most feeble drop ever!! The glass seems reeeeeeeeeeally cheap, I've owned multiple galaxy phones and this is just shocking to me.Gonna see if home insurance will cover it. There's no way I can afford £250+ for repair. If thst fails I'm gonna try and sell it for spares are repairs.Gutted. 3 weeks I've owned this phone.

Being an S7 'edge' the curved glass isn't going to be as strong as the usual gorilla glass you find on normal flat glass phones.

Banned

JamesClark1991

Went into a repair shop yesterday, they quoted me £180 for a new screen … Went into a repair shop yesterday, they quoted me £180 for a new screen and £40 for labour costs.The guy in the shop said he knows how I feel (ha), then he put his hand into his pocket and pulled out his S7 edge with cracked glass. I then went to the shop across the road to compare prices where they quoted me £260 for full repair, they already had one in for repair at the time of my enquiry. Seems I'm not the only one having issue with this poor quality glass screen. Super annoyed.

​report it to watch dog or rip off Britian!
I hate Samsung, they hardly last internally too. my x 2 note 3 didn't last long, plus there warranty team are xxxx holes

JamesClark1991

Having a closer look at my phone today the glass on the screen has marked … Having a closer look at my phone today the glass on the screen has marked on 2 seperate places as well. I'm not even exaggerating when I say this was the most feeble drop ever!! The glass seems reeeeeeeeeeally cheap, I've owned multiple galaxy phones and this is just shocking to me.Gonna see if home insurance will cover it. There's no way I can afford £250+ for repair. If thst fails I'm gonna try and sell it for spares are repairs.Gutted. 3 weeks I've owned this phone.

Mate, I feel your pain and can relate heavily. I'd just taken out a shiny new S6 Edge contract and the phone, even with a case, fell out of my back pocket onto the floor, smash.

Your best bet is insurance. The quotes you're being thrown are sadly true. The screen/glass are around this price. Insurance excesses are around £50 which you're better off paying.

Current account insurance, my sons phone screen cracked and got a new phone, £50 excess

JamesClark1991

​Don't have any. Never buying an expensive phone again. £500 down the dr … ​Don't have any. Never buying an expensive phone again. £500 down the drain

This isn't a smarmy comment so please don't take it that way. Next time, get some insurance it's not expensive and a lot of bank accounts add it in for about £5 / £10 per month as well as other benefits.

sorry to read this James.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions