Samsung S7 Edge pink line down the screen

Found 28th Jun
Hi all,

Within the last week my phone screen has been acting strange. Sometimes a pink line appears from top to bottom of the screen.

The only way I can get rid of it is by gently bending the phone so I assume it's a screen fault.

My phone is in great condition, had it from you but I don't want to go down the route of paying for a repair when I have done nothing wrong.

Has anyone had this issue before? Did you go through Samsung?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Community Updates
8 Comments
How long have you had it? Contact Samsung and see what they can do.
Had this exact same issue, it's very common with the S7 edge. Went into a Samsung Support Centre who replaced it free on the same day.

DON'T post it in unless you have no choice, as the third-party who deals with Samsung postal repairs is notoriously horrendous (Anovo). Try in a Support Centre/Experience Store/CPW Team Knowhow or try the service where they drive to your door to come and fix the phone within the hour.

I posted about this issue on Samsung Community a while back, so have a look there too.
Edited by: "jamie015" 28th Jun
I also had this. Sadly it has to go in for repair.
Just make sure to back it up every so often. You know? Just on case.......
jamie0159 h, 33 m ago

Had this exact same issue, it's very common with the S7 edge. Went into a …Had this exact same issue, it's very common with the S7 edge. Went into a Samsung Support Centre who replaced it free on the same day.DON'T post it in unless you have no choice, as the third-party who deals with Samsung postal repairs is notoriously horrendous (Anovo). Try in a Support Centre/Experience Store/CPW Team Knowhow or try the service where they drive to your door to come and fix the phone within the hour.I posted about this issue on Samsung Community a while back, so have a look there too.

Thanks for the info. Been reading your thread but I was wondering how long did you have the phone for? I've had mine 2 years now so would they repair mine?
Greeko866 h, 2 m ago

Thanks for the info. Been reading your thread but I was wondering how long …Thanks for the info. Been reading your thread but I was wondering how long did you have the phone for? I've had mine 2 years now so would they repair mine?

Samsung warranty is 2 years, so over that and they probably won't fix it. You might be a couple of days under, just make sure to take your receipt to the Support Centre if you are. Otherwise it's £200 for a screen replacement I think.
I had a similar issue and had to take it to my local Samsung repair centre in Glasgow who took about 4hrs to do it as there was a queue of jobs waiting for the engineer.Luckily mine was under warranty. Known fault with the S7 edge as they are so compact that there is pressure on the screen. Can't remember what they replaced but don't think it was the screen.
@Greeko86 any updates on what Samsung are doing? Please keep us posted
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants