Groups

Samsung S7 Edge update to Nougat - 'was it worth it"?

how many of you out there owning a S7 Edge is still awaiting the new software I haven't had mine yet

what's the verdict... good bad successful or not ?

7 Comments

I beta tested it and it was a worthwhile update... By the time it finished testing phase, the full complete version was excellent. Its stable, faster, cleaner and the odd few extras that have come in are welcomed. Go for it!

I've been using a variation of it for a few months now and main improvement is the battery life. I'm getting better battery life on an s7 than on an s7 edge running Marshmallow and the s7 edge had a bigger battery

Just got SGS7E a few days ago via O2 Refresh and although locked at the time, I not sure it's O2 branded as I haven't noticed anything O2 related such as boot screen and bloatware.

Still no update here though, but wonder if it will arrive based on serial number?

If my handset is in fact stealthily O2 branded, I guess it may be a while still. oO
    Edited by: "Ripperoo" 24th Jan

Haven't got the S7, I have the OP3 and received the Nougat update a few days ago.

Initial tests seems more smoother (the OP3 is already quick, but the update is even more noticeable).

However, I have come across 2 problems which I have not had time to look into:

i. GMail freezes - sometime it takes ages to show my email, or not at all.
    ii. Alexa - no longer able to establish the wifi connection.

Haven't seen it pop up on my unlocked unbranded CPW S7 Edge SM-G935F yet...

Isn't it mostly Vodafone ones that have gotten it so far?

I even checked Smart Switch & still nothing

I'm with 3 mobile and no update yet...
    I'm happy with android 6 so I'm not in any rush to get nougat

Original Poster

ysm1234

I'm with 3 mobile and no update yet...I'm happy with android 6 so I'm not … I'm with 3 mobile and no update yet...I'm happy with android 6 so I'm not in any rush to get nougat

Mine is Three Mobile too but I was hoping that they would roll out the update across the board rather that gently release it bit by bit
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xperia X - No notification light for Texts?12
      2. Uncharted - The Lost Legacy runtime?22
      3. PayPal payment cancellation?33
      4. Stream Showbox from Bluestacks?34

See more discussions