Samsung S8 Case

Found 18th Nov 2017
Hi anyone recommend a good case for the S8, seen the s view by Samsung at £28 but think your just paying for the name on that.

thanks in advance

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

I have this Spigen one for my S8+ and recommend it. (linked to the S8 version)

Original Poster

cecilmcroberts35 m ago

I have this Spigen one for my S8+ and recommend it. (linked to the S8 …I have this Spigen one for my S8+ and recommend it. (linked to the S8 version)

that looks a really nice case thanks for responding m8, have you dropped it yet and is the case rubber or plastic wondering if a drop would crack it is plastic

Original Poster

just put off with a few of the reviews a few had cracked frame and damaged there phones

TAZMANUK20 m ago

that looks a really nice case thanks for responding m8, have you dropped …that looks a really nice case thanks for responding m8, have you dropped it yet and is the case rubber or plastic wondering if a drop would crack it is plastic

I'm afraid so lol. Dropped onto concrete with impact on the bottom left corner, the case now just has a scratch mark but didn't break. The case is TPU rubber (doesn't go "baggy") but in the pictures where you can see the "colour" is hard plastic overlay (more or less around impact areas). Also has the grooves on the inside rear of the case to keep airflow while charging so no increased heat noticed. Also both my wireless chargers still work through the case fine. 2 months now and all is fine with the case, glass screen protector also fits with no issues. Had some cases from the brand before for my Nexus 6P and LG G4 and they always impressed, only ever changed because they just looked "grubby" after a year or so. Couple of guys in work also have the kickstand versions on S7's for over a year with no issues, although personally I think they are slippy.

Kick-Stand Version

Also keep an eye on Black Friday as last year the US Spigen website had very good reductions and worked out cheaper than the UK website even including the worldwide shipping. Though you really only talking around £3-4 in comparison to current Amazon pricing if you wish to wait or not. Watch out for Ebay though or 3rd party sellers as Spigen cases are commonly faked.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 18th Nov 2017

TAZMANUK3 h, 6 m ago

just put off with a few of the reviews a few had cracked frame and damaged …just put off with a few of the reviews a few had cracked frame and damaged there phones

Here's the scuff from the concrete drop. No phone damage.

32469859-4XR8m.jpg

Original Poster

cecilmcroberts6 m ago

Here's the scuff from the concrete drop. No phone damage. [Image]

Are you able to use a screen protector

TAZMANUK7 m ago

Are you able to use a screen protector

Never tried with non-glass one. But do have glass one, here's the S8 version of the one I bought and works fine with case (you can even see one of the questions being asked if it works with Spigen cases , which is what helped myself decide which to buy also). Found that yes it does lose abit of sensitivity but nothing too drastic. On the other hand female work friend thought it lost too much, but then again she does have gel nails to add into the mix lol.

S8 Glass Protector 2pk Amazon £8.99
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 18th Nov 2017

Original Poster

Thanks for your help, haven't got it yet as waiting on delivery for it.. there is the cheaper one spigen at 5.99 on Amazon

TAZMANUK2 h, 37 m ago

Thanks for your help, haven't got it yet as waiting on delivery for it.. …Thanks for your help, haven't got it yet as waiting on delivery for it.. there is the cheaper one spigen at 5.99 on Amazon

The cheap one is only thin stuff and after a while they go baggy along with the clear plastic tainting in colour. Always avoid any cases like those also hardly any protection.

TAZMANUK4 m ago

Think i am going to go for this one, but unsure which colour will match as …Think i am going to go for this one, but unsure which colour will match as getting the coral blue one, so its either https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XP5V2RQ/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IEGD8KCXKIM4R&colid=3BFNJJPD2GLOHorhttps://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XP7RLVV/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IEGD8KCXKIM4R&colid=3BFNJJPD2GLOH&th=1

In all honesty I couldn't pick between those two either. Got the 2nd one myself eventually.

Those glass protectors are GASH! Mate had one for his S8+ and it made the phone look like a nasty knock off. He tore it off after a week.

For a case I use this, it's a Spigen design rip off, and I have used it ever since it came out, day one. Works with a wireless charger pad too. Also never use a screen protection either, ruins the feel of it.

rover.ebay.com/rov…300
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants