Expired

Samsung SE-208DB External DVD Writer help

Found 8th May 2014
Hi guys... I'm using the above DVD Writer and it's recently become corrupted/damaged and I need to re-install. Thing is, I don't have the install CD. I tried looking on Samsungs site to get install drivers but they have nothing (annoyingly). The only site I can find with "install drivers" for it is this
solvusoft.com/en/…ls/

which I dunno, seems kinda dodgy to me as it is the only site I can find regarding it.

So is my only option to go and buy another version of the product? My own fault really but just wondered if anyone had ideas.

This is the product in question
amazon.co.uk/Sam…ter
Community Updates
6 Comments
Banned
Isn't there a live update program (or similarly named) on the Samsung site, I know there was when i used a Samsung external drive, which will do the updating for you, don't know exactly though I'll check if you give me a mo...

fw-liveupdate.software.informer.com/2.0/

Only link I can seem to find for it, used to be in Samsungs site but it's been a while since I used one, up to you if you use the link or not but looks similar to the interface from memory
Edited by: "dbhoy" 8th May 2014
Original Poster
dbhoy

Isn't there a live update program (or similarly named) on the Samsung … Isn't there a live update program (or similarly named) on the Samsung site, I know there was when i used a Samsung external drive, which will do the updating for you, don't know exactly though I'll check if you give me a mo...

There is indeed but I couldn't find the SE-208DB
These drives should be plug and play with Windows XP or later.

As for burning files to CD/DVD, I use the free version of Ashampoo Burning Studio for that.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 8th May 2014
Original Poster
SUMMONER

drivers?The drive should be plug and play with Windows XP or later.As for … drivers?The drive should be plug and play with Windows XP or later.As for burning files to DVD, I use the free version of Ashampoo Burning Studio for that.

I wish it was. I'm looking at it in the device manager and it states "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"
Try it on another computer, to make sure it is not the drive that is faulty.

Assuming it works on another computer, you could try using Windows System Restore to go back to a time when it was still working. The problem most likely lies with Windows, as a USB drive like yours normally uses generic Microsoft supplied drivers to function.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 8th May 2014
scottishgamer

I wish it was. I'm looking at it in the device manager and it states … I wish it was. I'm looking at it in the device manager and it states "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"

The drive does not require a separate driver. Communication between the drive and Windows is via IDE (no matter if the drive uses PATA or SATA connections). The IDE drivers are indigenous to Windows.

The error you are receiving indicates that Windows has lost track of how to allocate application and kernel requests to and from the drive. These application and kernel requests are specified by Upper and Lower Filters in the registry.

For a possible solution, refer to post #4 hotukdeals.com/tag…622
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants