Samsung smart TV youtube app disappeared...

Found 30th Aug 2013
I have a UE40D5520 Samsung TV, that until about 30 mins ago had the YouTube app on it.

I went to the Smart Hub, it said it was doing a service update then said 'app deleted- youtube'.
Its not in the app store thing to download again, and I've tried resetting the smarthub but it won't come back.

Anyone else having similar problem.
Maybe its just going to update it, and had to uninstall to reinstall... But no sign of it yet.

Bit annoying...
Community Updates
MiscSamsungApp
19 Comments
Thanks for the reply, can't find anything the same on there though, other similar problems in the past look like they were issues at Samsung's end...

Still no YouTube app though
Maybe consider an android dongle
Is there any single solution for all steaming apps for TV yet?

I mean iPlayer, ITVPlayer, 4OD, Demand5, Netflix, Lovefilm, NowTV, YouTube etc? Is there one device that does them all and does them all well too?

It seems to me that you have to jump between devices in order to get all of them. And I mean decent versions of them too, not some half assed attempt. For example, some of the PS3 ones are web apps which are slow, clunky and prone to crashing.

the youtube app appeared in the app store again yesterday.
Installed and working again now. Dont know why it deleted itself!

KillFelix

Is there any single solution for all steaming apps for TV yet?I mean … Is there any single solution for all steaming apps for TV yet?I mean iPlayer, ITVPlayer, 4OD, Demand5, Netflix, Lovefilm, NowTV, YouTube etc? Is there one device that does them all and does them all well too?It seems to me that you have to jump between devices in order to get all of them. And I mean decent versions of them too, not some half assed attempt. For example, some of the PS3 ones are web apps which are slow, clunky and prone to crashing.

would also like to know this.
Through my tv, there is no ITVplayer, Netflix, NowTV. And BBC iplayer app is awful!
Would love something cheap that does them all as well as local media streaming.

Thinking maybe XBMC on a Raspberry PI, does that do these streaming apps?
That's what you get for buying into the stupid idea of smart TVs

I'd prefer it if my TV were just a panel. Its Freeview capabilities are naught but a burden, let alone the defunct analogue tuner.
Rubisco

That's what you get for buying into the stupid idea of smart TVs :pI'd … That's what you get for buying into the stupid idea of smart TVs :pI'd prefer it if my TV were just a panel. Its Freeview capabilities are naught but a burden, let alone the defunct analogue tuner.

As if we have a choice..

Can't wait for Apple to release a smart tv so they can set a new standard, because the current ones are terrible.

I feel like that the current "Smart" models are like the smart phones before the iPhone. ie fricking terrible.
dcx_badass

Yeah I'd love a TV that can only watch pre-approved channels, and has … Yeah I'd love a TV that can only watch pre-approved channels, and has forced volume limits etc.

What are you jabbering on about? Apple's "walled garden" iOS at a guess. You mean the one that has ALL of apps I mentioned and more? And pssst, there's a volume button on the side...

And if you're on about the current Apple TV, yeah I know it's not what t should be, it desperately needs an App Store and storage for streaming apps and games which is hopefully what will happen when and if they release a TV set.
KillFelix

What are you jabbering on about? Apple's "walled garden" iOS at a guess. … What are you jabbering on about? Apple's "walled garden" iOS at a guess. You mean the one that has ALL of apps I mentioned and more? And pssst, there's a volume button on the side...And if you're on about the current Apple TV, yeah I know it's not what t should be, it desperately needs an App Store and storage for streaming apps and games which is hopefully what will happen when and if they release a TV set.

What makes you think that the mere integration of an LCD panel would make all the difference?

Why not just make a good Apple TV box?

They've had 3½ attempts at it now, do you think those infallible geniuses at Apple are just toying with us?
Rubisco

What makes you think that the mere integration of an LCD panel would … What makes you think that the mere integration of an LCD panel would make all the difference?Why not just make a good Apple TV box?They've had 3½ attempts at it now, do you think those infallible geniuses at Apple are just toying with us?

They could do either - or both. Either way I have a feeling something in that area is coming, whether it be a whole TV set or a re-hashed set top box.

I've been saying for ages, a subscription to the iTunes movie store would be just awesome. £20 a month or there abouts but you get all the latest releases on demand. Like a "Netflix Plus" if you like.

There has been loads more than 3½ attempts. Think of all the other streaming products too, there's tonnes of them, and so far none seem to do it all (hence my original question above). Maybe it's all to do with licencing. I just don't know, but I do know that Netflix has boomed over that period, and the catalogues and film selections have grown massively so perhaps the studios are listening now.
Go to smart hub press amazon Netflix press OK go to featured samsang apps you tube and all the apps are there
phil001

the youtube app appeared in the app store again yesterday.Installed and … the youtube app appeared in the app store again yesterday.Installed and working again now. Dont know why it deleted itself!would also like to know this.Through my tv, there is no ITVplayer, Netflix, NowTV. And BBC iplayer app is awful!Would love something cheap that does them all as well as local media streaming.Thinking maybe XBMC on a Raspberry PI, does that do these streaming apps?

Yes. I think they are called "PC"s.
shiu

Go to smart hub press amazon Netflix press OK go to featured samsang … Go to smart hub press amazon Netflix press OK go to featured samsang apps you tube and all the apps are there

Thank you, but sadly you are a year and eleven months too late!
I have a Samsung smart TV 5200 series two months old using the Netflix app fine until yesterday it just won't load massage saying update. I did update after which it said I had all the updates. Reset the smart hub to only discover the Netflix app disappeared altogether! !!! Call Samsung said it was not an issue with them!!!!!! I am very frustrated look everywhere can't seemake to find my app. Reset router all the cap nothing. A Lil help please anyone

yes I have a similar problem. My youtube just went blank and I thought it must be temporary problem but now it has disappeared completely

phil001

\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09I have a UE40D5520 Samsung TV, that until about … \x09\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09I have a UE40D5520 Samsung TV, that until about 30 mins ago had the YouTube app on it.I went to the Smart Hub, it said it was doing a service update then said 'app deleted- youtube'.Its not in the app store thing to download again, and I've tried resetting the smarthub but it won't come back.Anyone else having similar problem.Maybe its just going to update it, and had to uninstall to reinstall... But no sign of it yet.Bit annoying...\x09\x09\x09\x09\x09

I have just lost YouTube on my Samsung TV. The 'thick plottens'
I had the same problem
It's disappeared from my samsung smart tv hub as well as Samsung apps
Am having the same issue on a Samsung UE46es6710. Can't seem to find any info on a fix. Happened about a week ago. Tried accessing youtube via the TV's browser but it said it was incompatible. It went to a Linux download link when I tried updating so am guessing that Samsung uses a flavour of Linux OS for this TV. It could'nt update the browser either.
I lost YouTube on my Samsung TV that was purchased in 2015. Samsung chat person told me that Samsung was not supporting TVs than those purchased in 2015 and earlier.

I decided to use Samsung's web browser, and load YouTube that I way. It worked. But after about three log in sessions, I noticed the YouTube reappeared on the Smart Hub icon panel. So far, it is still there. So, just click on the Smart Hub button to Smart Hub button.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants