Samsung Tab A 10.1 2016 (TM585) TV out

LocalFound 21st May 2017
I've recently purchased this tablet and am looking for an adapter to show the tablet screen on my TV screen. My TV doesn't have WiFi so I can cast the screen and every page I Google tells me something different. It is Mhl, it isn't, it needs 11 pins. Can this tablet actually do this and if so any recommendations on a lead? (I've tried my current Mhl lead that I had​ for my Sony and that hasn't worked? I don't really want to pay official Samsung prices as I'm sure if it's possible there are plenty of cheaper ones. thank you
Community Updates
12 Comments
Buy a chromecast?
Google Chromecast is the way to go.
dorset_taco

Google Chromecast is the way to go.

​best £30 I have spent in a long time!
That would be good but I don't always have WiFi so need a lead
not possible
My Samsung S6 phone and S2 tablet can't output video via microSD to HDMI so I doubt yours can. So what you want to do isn't possible.
OK thank you. least I know not to continue trying to find a solution. It's odd cause samasung site says buy a mhl but it doesn't have mhl.
Miracast dongle might solve your issue if you only want screen mirroring. If your issue with WiFi for Chromecast is not resolvable by improving your existing WiFi network, perhaps buying a cheap WiFi router (without modem) and creating a network just for the Chromecast and tablet to speak to eachother on might work?
McNerd

Miracast dongle might solve your issue if you only want screen mirroring. … Miracast dongle might solve your issue if you only want screen mirroring. If your issue with WiFi for Chromecast is not resolvable by improving your existing WiFi network, perhaps buying a cheap WiFi router (without modem) and creating a network just for the Chromecast and tablet to speak to eachother on might work?

​Does the miracast dongle need WiFi? I don't have WiFi at my partner's house, so it's there I have the issue. Thanks
Miracast doesn't need an existing wifi network, it creates a direct connection between devices.
ditto chromecast
Edited by: "cullies" 22nd May 2017
ok cheers. thanks everyone. I've ordered one off Amazon. Was quite a few to pick from but assuming all do the same job. thank you again.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions