Samsung Tablet to TV advice please?

Posted 26th Mar
Hi everyone,

Got my dad the Samsung Galaxy Tab A last year, which is great.

Just looking for a way for him to replicate what he’s watching on the screen on his TV, with the intention of using my Sky Go app and BT Sport app on the big screen.

The TV does have screen mirroring which I’ve managed to work, but the above apps don’t allow that.

Is there a cheap amazon cable I could buy so that he could do it that way?

Maybe a micro USB to HDMI cable, or do I need some adapter or something?

Any experienced advice would be greatly appreciated.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
The sports apps block mirroring to the big screen for this very reason, it's not possible
Think you need a cast app to screen the tablet to the tv, if it’s android - play store - Cassto - install - open and search for the tv connect and all should work ( whatever is on the tablet will display on telly ) obviously you’ll need the sky and BT app installed on the tablet and both tablet and tv need to be connected to WiFi
Google Chromecast device?
Natively blocked by the app(s). Possible workaround via Xbox One S hotukdeals.com/com…951
bobdylan26/03/2020 19:21

The sports apps block mirroring to the big screen for this very reason, …The sports apps block mirroring to the big screen for this very reason, it's not possible

I’ve got the sky go app on my laptop and if I’m watching that, and stick a HDMI from the laptop to the telly, it replicates that.

Surely if this tablet had a HDMI port it would be the same?
PennyTrader26/03/2020 19:24

Think you need a cast app to screen the tablet to the tv, if it’s android - …Think you need a cast app to screen the tablet to the tv, if it’s android - play store - Cassto - install - open and search for the tv connect and all should work ( whatever is on the tablet will display on telly ) obviously you’ll need the sky and BT app installed on the tablet and both tablet and tv need to be connected to WiFi

I will have a look at Cassto mate thanks for the suggestion. The only problem being we’re 250 miles apart and he’s useless haha
tardytortoise26/03/2020 19:50

Google Chromecast device?

Don’t have one, but could purchase if it works of course?
AndyRoyd26/03/2020 20:08

Natively blocked by the app(s). Possible workaround via Xbox One S …Natively blocked by the app(s). Possible workaround via Xbox One S https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/39997951

He doesn’t have one mate, thanks anyway.
LeeTheRed9626/03/2020 21:24

I’ve got the sky go app on my laptop and if I’m watching that, and stick a …I’ve got the sky go app on my laptop and if I’m watching that, and stick a HDMI from the laptop to the telly, it replicates that.Surely if this tablet had a HDMI port it would be the same?

Yes laptops work, phones/tablets don't
bobdylan26/03/2020 21:28

Yes laptops work, phones/tablets don't

I don’t have one personally, but I could get a cable for my iPad to show on the TV.
LeeTheRed9626/03/2020 21:26

Don’t have one, but could purchase if it works of course?

Asked a mate who has one of these, and he has tried it and it didn’t work. Thanks anyway.
LeeTheRed9626/03/2020 22:07

Asked a mate who has one of these, and he has tried it and it didn’t work. …Asked a mate who has one of these, and he has tried it and it didn’t work. Thanks anyway.

To be honest mate and it’s worth thinking about assuming the sky / BT apps don’t mirror has somebody else has suggested ( which I find bizzare ) get yourself and your dad a shared IPTV connection and watch what you like when you like, no aggro.
Sorry to gatecrash your post OP, I’m hoping you don’t mind me asking if anyone could give me any advice on how to make the TV mirroring function work from Galaxy Tab A (2019 if it makes a difference) to an LG TV? I’ve tried a few times with no joy
ChelseaRae26/03/2020 22:35

Sorry to gatecrash your post OP, I’m hoping you don’t mind me asking if any …Sorry to gatecrash your post OP, I’m hoping you don’t mind me asking if anyone could give me any advice on how to make the TV mirroring function work from Galaxy Tab A (2019 if it makes a difference) to an LG TV? I’ve tried a few times with no joy

Have you got an app on your tablet to mirror the content ? Does your tv support casting from another device ? ( phone tablet etc )
PennyTrader26/03/2020 22:37

Have you got an app on your tablet to mirror the content ? Does your tv …Have you got an app on your tablet to mirror the content ? Does your tv support casting from another device ? ( phone tablet etc )

No I wasn’t aware I needed an app on the tablet, technology isn’t really my forte (if you couldn’t already tell ) but yes the TV does support mirroring, my dad connected his Samsung phone whilst at mine in the past but I have no idea how he did it and neither does he
My dad has an LG TV too but although this galaxy tablet was bought in April of 2019 I don’t know if that makes it a 2019 model

To be honest, it was simple in the tv menu and tablet settings to get them both linked when on the same WiFi, but I’m not local so couldn’t show you how, sorry.

If anything, I’d say google it coz I defo did! Haha
PennyTrader26/03/2020 22:25

To be honest mate and it’s worth thinking about assuming the sky / BT apps …To be honest mate and it’s worth thinking about assuming the sky / BT apps don’t mirror has somebody else has suggested ( which I find bizzare ) get yourself and your dad a shared IPTV connection and watch what you like when you like, no aggro.

If I can do it with an iPad there’s defo a way to do with one of these so called technologically advanced android things mate haha
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants