Samsung Trade In Help?

Posted 10th Jun 2021
Hello everyone,

I am about to send in my old phone which I decided to trade in and am a little unsure of what I’m suppose to be using.

I received a blue bag, and two address labels one is special delivery which I use to pay by myself and a free turns label.

I did not receive a box to send the trade in phone in.

can I use a generic box?

and is this the correct packaging for the £200 trade in deal? A blue bag thst was supplied in an envelope or is this just used to get rid of your old phone for recycling?3742363-BNgQc.jpg3742363-tdJpm.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    This is the standard pack Samsung sends for trade-ins.
    Except the tags, you don't really need to use anything from what Samsung sent if you don't want to.
    I sent 3 phones in the past years to Samsung. Since i keep the original boxes, i put the phone in it's box, put it in the Samsung bag, attach the free shipping tag and drop it at the post office.
    But if i were to return a more expensive device, i would use a more sturdy box to make sure it won't get damaged on the road.
    Take photos of the device before you send it to Samsung just in case.
    punji10/06/2021 16:51

Thank youso is this the right packaging they normally send to return a …Thank youso is this the right packaging they normally send to return a device for trade in?and if I use the ore paid label I’m only covered for £190 so should I use my own method of returns to cover the value of what Samsung are giving me for the phone £200?

Yes, it's normal packaging for trade-ins.
    Use any generic box if you don't have the original box. I just used a small box from an amazon order, just pad it up as best you can by using bubble wrap, packing paper etc. Then put the bag over your box and seal it up.

Did you mean £190 or £100? The free label only covers you for £100, if your phone is worth more than £100 that then use option 2 where you pay for the delivery.

As giboning mentioned, take pictures of your phone and videos showing that it works and there is no fault.
    Also make sure you write your address on the box and the outside of the box before you send it just in case.
    Author
    NuffinisFree10/06/2021 17:21

Yes, it's normal packaging for trade-ins.Use any generic box if you don't …Yes, it's normal packaging for trade-ins.Use any generic box if you don't have the original box. I just used a small box from an amazon order, just pad it up as best you can by using bubble wrap, packing paper etc. Then put the bag over your box and seal it up.Did you mean £190 or £100? The free label only covers you for £100, if your phone is worth more than £100 that then use option 2 where you pay for the delivery.As giboning mentioned, take pictures of your phone and videos showing that it works and there is no fault.Also make sure you write your address on the box and the outside of the box before you send it just in case.

Awesome thank you for your help!
    Author
    giboning10/06/2021 16:19

This is the standard pack Samsung sends for trade-ins. Except the tags, …This is the standard pack Samsung sends for trade-ins. Except the tags, you don't really need to use anything from what Samsung sent if you don't want to. I sent 3 phones in the past years to Samsung. Since i keep the original boxes, i put the phone in it's box, put it in the Samsung bag, attach the free shipping tag and drop it at the post office.But if i were to return a more expensive device, i would use a more sturdy box to make sure it won't get damaged on the road.Take photos of the device before you send it to Samsung just in case.

Thank you

so is this the right packaging they normally send to return a device for trade in?

and if I use the ore paid label I’m only covered for £190 so should I use my own method of returns to cover the value of what Samsung are giving me for the phone £200?
's avatar