Samsung TV for around £500

Found 24th Oct 2017
Can someone help me narrow down or even advise a specific model of new TV?
Needs to be:
Samsung
No larger than 46" at most (Ideally 43")
Smart TV
£500 - though may be able to stretch a little.

My own limited research suggests the 40" mu6400. Don't think they do a 43" in this?
But as there are numerous other models, I was hoping someone more knowledgeable could chip in.
Also if anyone has an opinion on the mu6400 it would be appreciated.
Cheers.
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
I have now purchased another LG ( i have 3 already)
check the LG 43UJ630V this is the new one i just purchased.
it has more for the money and the picture is very good quality, and its a 43'' and less than samsung model

Scroll down to the compare similar items
amazon.co.uk/Sam…SDV
I'd go for the M5500 personally, it's not 4K but it looks better than those models on normal content.
EndlessWaves1 h, 28 m ago

I'd go for the M5500 personally, it's not 4K but it looks better than …I'd go for the M5500 personally, it's not 4K but it looks better than those models on normal content.

Whats the likelihood of 4k content becoming the norm over the next 7 to 10 years (When I expect to move on from this new TV I require). Don't want to be trapped with 1080p
rtmlk4 h, 9 m ago

I have now purchased another LG ( i have 3 already)check the LG 43UJ630V …I have now purchased another LG ( i have 3 already)check the LG 43UJ630V this is the new one i just purchased.it has more for the money and the picture is very good quality, and its a 43'' and less than samsung modelScroll down to the compare similar itemshttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-MU6400-40-Inch-SMART-Ultra/dp/B06XWQXSDV

Interesting. This now adds not only your LG, but also the Sony KD43XE7003BU into the mix
Still prefer to get a Samsung for other (minor) reasons, but if those other TVs are as good, if not better, then I may yet change my mind.
Thanks.
Destard2 h, 40 m ago

Whats the likelihood of 4k content becoming the norm over the next 7 to 10 …Whats the likelihood of 4k content becoming the norm over the next 7 to 10 years (When I expect to move on from this new TV I require). Don't want to be trapped with 1080p

HDTV was introduced circa 2005 and as far as I know there's still not a single programme that requires an HDTV to watch. Maybe by 2027 we'll see a few HD-exclusive programs, but certainly not 4K.

Whether broadcasters will adopt 4K or ignore it as they did 3D remains to be seen. Even if they do it'll use new tuner standards not supported by current TVs - in the same way Freeview HD wasn't introduced until 2010. And don't expect streaming/catch-up apps to be updated a few years down the line either.

Basically these sorts of things take ages to come through and it's best to buy what works well for the next few years rather than trying to predict 5-10 years ahead.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants