Expired

Samsung ue40f5000 any good?

Found 28th Dec 2013
I have found the following TV on sale at Currys reduced from £549 to £349 but when I Google the product code I can't find anything to compare the price with, is it a good deal?

currys.co.uk/gbu…tml

16 Comments

I was in the market for a new tv because I recently got a ps4 and my old tv just wasn't up to scratch, the f5000 series are really decent Tvs the reviews I have read have all been positive, I was originally going to pick up the ue32f5000. But I saw this deal and decided to get this one, all I can say is I think I made the right choice, for what I need it for its perfect, picture quality is very good, my friend recently brought the 42" lg that was on sale a few days ago for 279 and in my opinion this is a better tv. Plus it plays just about any 1080p .mkv I have thrown at it with no issues at all via the USB

Original Poster

Thanks bud I have reserved one for collection tomorrow

How was the TV? I had the £279 one from curry's and it had motion blur on the Xbox one, are either of you using the Xbox one with this?

Jungle89

Thanks bud I have reserved one for collection tomorrow

How was the TV? I had the £279 one from curry's and it had motion blur on the Xbox one, are either of you using the Xbox one with this?

Nope im using it with a ps4 and i have no motion blur what so ever, what game is it on? all games?

I was playing Fifa 14, I'm looking to maybe get this samsung or maybe just pay the little extra and get the Sony KDL42W653

i played fifa 14 on my ps4 and any motion blur if any is very minimal, i can't really notice any anyway, but i have edited my tv settings, it could of been how your tv was set up.

skirocket

I was in the market for a new tv because I recently got a ps4 and my old … I was in the market for a new tv because I recently got a ps4 and my old tv just wasn't up to scratch, the f5000 series are really decent Tvs the reviews I have read have all been positive, I was originally going to pick up the ue32f5000. But I saw this deal and decided to get this one, all I can say is I think I made the right choice, for what I need it for its perfect, picture quality is very good, my friend recently brought the 42" lg that was on sale a few days ago for 279 and in my opinion this is a better tv. Plus it plays just about any 1080p .mkv I have thrown at it with no issues at all via the USB

does it have wifi?

No, but it has an ethernet port on the back.

It should be able to take the Samsung USB WiFi dongle.

Original Poster

Have only used it for sky and PS3 so far but haven't noticed any motion blur. I am happy with it so far!

Does the UE40F5000 have a headphone socket, and if so which side is it located?

Does anyone know if the UE40F5000 comes with spacers/adapters for fitting it to the wall? I recently bought the UE55F8000 and that did, I just want to make sure this one does as well

Cheers

all the samsung tvs are wall mounted compatible

What is the Ethernet port on the back for? I have connected it to the router, the tv has acquired IP address and stuff, but don't know what it's for?? Anyone used it to stream content from a pc or media server?

santosh_mahaveer

What is the Ethernet port on the back for? I have connected it to the … What is the Ethernet port on the back for? I have connected it to the router, the tv has acquired IP address and stuff, but don't know what it's for?? Anyone used it to stream content from a pc or media server?

depends if that TV is smart.. If so then it's used for the web browsing and YouTube and iPlayer etc rather then using the WiFi. Also I presume it would download your TV updates faster
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions