Samsung UE65RU7020 best budget TV?

Posted 19th Nov
So I have read the difference between hdr10 and Dolby vision as I originally was looking at the Hisense 65 inch Dolby vision TV.

Is this one of the best budget TVs? £599 at the moment (richer sounds 6 years warranty) is it best to wait until Friday to see if it goes any cheaper?

advice please
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
Make sure you have a long enough stand to put it on, these tele legs are miles from each other and think you'll need like 160cm or 180cm stand to keep them on unless your wall mounting?
Toon_army19/11/2019 18:42

Make sure you have a long enough stand to put it on, these tele legs are …Make sure you have a long enough stand to put it on, these tele legs are miles from each other and think you'll need like 160cm or 180cm stand to keep them on unless your wall mounting?

I have looked into it thanks, thinking of wall mounting but where I want it the bloody sky lead is drilled in the opposite wall any ideas? Is it a good Tele?
For the money yeah it's fine, you'll get people saying its crap because they've spent £1500-2000 on an OLED but personally if this was my budget I'd get one. Or maybe stretch out a little more and get the 7100 model or even 7400.
I'm after a 65" QLED, I've just sold my 5 year old 1080p LED Samsung the other night l, so any tele I buy will be an improvement as they're all 4k now
Have the explanations on the differences between the PQ-based HDR formats gotten any better lately? They often missed the point entirely.

I'd be interested to know what your understanding of the differences is.
We have a 50" nu7020 and the HDR performance is so so so far away from the higher end TVs that I really don't think you'll notice the differences between hdr10, dolby vision etc. That's comparing it to friends and families tvs and our Q9 and ez952 oled.
EndlessWaves19/11/2019 19:16

Have the explanations on the differences between the PQ-based HDR formats …Have the explanations on the differences between the PQ-based HDR formats gotten any better lately? They often missed the point entirely. I'd be interested to know what your understanding of the differences is.

It was a lot of numbers talk but I understood there isn't much content out for the Dolby vision which swayed my vote. TVs are evolving but services are way behind and make you pay through the nose for hardly any content.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants