Samsung UK Warranty

Found 6th Jun 2016
I'm a skeptical person when it comes to buying off amazon marketplace despite it being a reputable seller. 711 ratings with 4.9 stars and having digged into the recent feedback. Nothing alarming shows up.

Anyway I'm looking to purchase a Galaxy S7 from them and messaged them regarding warranty and they confirmed that it's 2 years manufacturer warranty and they will provide a tax invoice.

"The warranty periods apply from the first date of purchase of the product. To obtain warranty service, the original proof of purchase will be required and the serial number affixed to the product must be complete and undamaged." quote from Samsung UK about warranty.

My question is will this tax invoice from the seller be enough? It sounds very pedantic of me but I want to have peace of mind before forking out so much money

Thanks in advance

1. Ask
  2. Samsung
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Samsung
7 Comments

I've recently sent my old s6 off for a screen replacement due to screen burn and now I've got an issue with my S7 edge where it has a pink line going down the screen (somewhat known issue). Both times, Samsung have only asked for the serial and imei... Never proof of purchase and only the S7 was from Samsung directly.

I bought an s6 edge plus for my son at Christmas and the charging port stopped working,he took it to Samsung shop in Glasgow and they never asked for any details

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies guys. Just messaged the seller again just to ask more specific questions and it seems legit. Gonna go for it.

Thanks for the replies guys. Just messaged the seller again just to ask … Thanks for the replies guys. Just messaged the seller again just to ask more specific questions and it seems legit. Gonna go for it.

Just to let you know the reason the other two were never asked for the receipt as they knew that it was within the warranty since even if you dont have the receipt samsung give a 2 year warranty from 2 months after the phones manufacture date. However if they take the serial number and see its over 2 years, they will ask you when you purchased it and to provide proof that you purchased it from a Samsung authorised seller, e.g vodafone, o2, ebuyer to name a few. If purchasing from Amazon it self it is an authorised seller however purchasing from an amazon seller does not give you a warranty from the purchase date. either way since the phone came out in march , I will say your warranty will be upto around april 2018 if you purchase from this seller.

Original Poster

Just to let you know the reason the other two were never asked for the … Just to let you know the reason the other two were never asked for the receipt as they knew that it was within the warranty since even if you dont have the receipt samsung give a 2 year warranty from 2 months after the phones manufacture date. However if they take the serial number and see its over 2 years, they will ask you when you purchased it and to provide proof that you purchased it from a Samsung authorised seller, e.g vodafone, o2, ebuyer to name a few. If purchasing from Amazon it self it is an authorised seller however purchasing from an amazon seller does not give you a warranty from the purchase date. either way since the phone came out in march , I will say your warranty will be upto around april 2018 if you purchase from this seller.

That's exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks a bunch man

That's exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks a bunch man

no problem my friend, ive had many of these things happen to me, ive contacted samsung seval times and they gave me some bs, lol once one said they will accept a paypal invoice as a receipt. I then contacted them directly and asked to speak with the manager, he then read out the full terms and conditions. E.g be sure not to root your phone as samsung has a security measure that will flag your phone and void the warranty. They will refuse repair because of this. So if you do buy a phone which is not sealed download an app (Phone Info *Samsung*) and when you open the app on the start up page it should say knox warranty void 0x0, if it says 0x1 that means the phone has been rooted in the past and the warranty will obviously be void, also downloading this app will tell you the manufacture date, which you can add a month or two to and workout 2 years from that date to see when your warranty will end. You can also use this app to find out if its been refurbished

Original Poster

no problem my friend, ive had many of these things happen to me, ive … no problem my friend, ive had many of these things happen to me, ive contacted samsung seval times and they gave me some bs, lol once one said they will accept a paypal invoice as a receipt. I then contacted them directly and asked to speak with the manager, he then read out the full terms and conditions. E.g be sure not to root your phone as samsung has a security measure that will flag your phone and void the warranty. They will refuse repair because of this. So if you do buy a phone which is not sealed download an app (Phone Info *Samsung*) and when you open the app on the start up page it should say knox warranty void 0x0, if it says 0x1 that means the phone has been rooted in the past and the warranty will obviously be void, also downloading this app will tell you the manufacture date, which you can add a month or two to and workout 2 years from that date to see when your warranty will end. You can also use this app to find out if its been refurbished

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge. I'm told it is a brand new sealed UK model so fingers crossed. Got it for £446.98 and had a £60 amazon voucher. £387 a steal for a brand new S7 with 2 years warranty. If all is well
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions