Posted 25th Dec 2021
A support thread that's intended to help folks that have ordered a lot of Samsung Galaxy Buds; Also anything that's related to this promotion
Community Updates
New Comment
Top comments
Promotion link

How it works

Cashback calculator

Full terms

Samsung's own FAQ - try to read this first, please, and not hide behind "I don't understand anything, so I didn't bother reading"

Claim submission

Claim tracking

Contact the claim team

Frequently asked "without bothering to read already answered" questions and the oft repeated answers -

- yes, you can buy multiple items from the same retailer or across retailers
- limit is 5 products per household, not per person in that household
- use the same email address on every claim to get the bonus
- submit through a computer - there is a small glitch in the item drop down list when a phone is used and "buds" may not be visible as a category (not all phones, but do you want the hassle?)
- for convenience, you may want to submit one claim per order even if you have multiple items on the same order, as the form allows multiple items to be added, but each retailer must have its own claim as you cannot add another retailer to the same claim (the form starts by asking retailer details)
- sometimes, the photo of the box is enough for the serial number and sometimes you will be asked to open it for a photo of the item - there is no workaround for this yet to avoid opening the box when asked
- items with a SIM card (phones, some tablets, some watches) will require the IMEI number to be submitted which does require the box to be opened and in some cases, switching on the item to get this number
- call / email the claim team (see above) if you want to return anything and want a claim cancelled because you submitted it prematurely (I have got one cancelled myself); do not submit a new claim before doing so, especially if you have already hit the 5 items limit as the new claim will get rejected automatically by the system - wait for the quota to become available through the cancellation (you will get an "ineligible submission" email that is basically the claim cancellation)
- it will take a few days to get a response on your claim but the claim number will come immediately through email; payment may take another 45 days
- please track the claim numbers and the items for which the claim is submitted - the email contains zero details other than just the claim number nor does the claim tracking page tell you anything (I have prepared a spreadsheet as I didn't buy 5 of the same buds from the same retailer)
- a lot of discussion has already happened in individual deals, so check the ones based on which you made your purchase before asking here (I have yet to see any new / unique questions in the last few days)
- discount codes / vouchers are allowed as also purchases through discount portals, read Samsung's FAQ linked above; the only prohibition is a purchase through the portal Samsung makes available to its own employees or using another promotion being run by Samsung in parallel (except trade in, that is allowed to be combined with this promotion)
- unless you are a trained lawyer, try not be one while interpreting the terms
Edited by: "bozo007" 25th Dec 2021
34 Comments
  1. Avatar
    Promotion link

How it works

Cashback calculator

Full terms

Samsung's own FAQ - try to read this first, please, and not hide behind "I don't understand anything, so I didn't bother reading"

Claim submission

Claim tracking

Contact the claim team

Frequently asked "without bothering to read already answered" questions and the oft repeated answers -

- yes, you can buy multiple items from the same retailer or across retailers
    - limit is 5 products per household, not per person in that household
    - use the same email address on every claim to get the bonus
    - submit through a computer - there is a small glitch in the item drop down list when a phone is used and "buds" may not be visible as a category (not all phones, but do you want the hassle?)
    - for convenience, you may want to submit one claim per order even if you have multiple items on the same order, as the form allows multiple items to be added, but each retailer must have its own claim as you cannot add another retailer to the same claim (the form starts by asking retailer details)
    - sometimes, the photo of the box is enough for the serial number and sometimes you will be asked to open it for a photo of the item - there is no workaround for this yet to avoid opening the box when asked
    - items with a SIM card (phones, some tablets, some watches) will require the IMEI number to be submitted which does require the box to be opened and in some cases, switching on the item to get this number
    - call / email the claim team (see above) if you want to return anything and want a claim cancelled because you submitted it prematurely (I have got one cancelled myself); do not submit a new claim before doing so, especially if you have already hit the 5 items limit as the new claim will get rejected automatically by the system - wait for the quota to become available through the cancellation (you will get an "ineligible submission" email that is basically the claim cancellation)
    - it will take a few days to get a response on your claim but the claim number will come immediately through email; payment may take another 45 days
    - please track the claim numbers and the items for which the claim is submitted - the email contains zero details other than just the claim number nor does the claim tracking page tell you anything (I have prepared a spreadsheet as I didn't buy 5 of the same buds from the same retailer)
    - a lot of discussion has already happened in individual deals, so check the ones based on which you made your purchase before asking here (I have yet to see any new / unique questions in the last few days)
    - discount codes / vouchers are allowed as also purchases through discount portals, read Samsung's FAQ linked above; the only prohibition is a purchase through the portal Samsung makes available to its own employees or using another promotion being run by Samsung in parallel (except trade in, that is allowed to be combined with this promotion)
    - unless you are a trained lawyer, try not be one while interpreting the terms
    Edited by: "bozo007" 25th Dec 2021
  2. Avatar
    My first claim got provisionally approved with box photo, just waiting on second one now. How can people give a gift if the box is opened?!
  3. Avatar
    jamie1525/12/2021 13:25

My first claim got provisionally approved with box photo, just waiting on …My first claim got provisionally approved with box photo, just waiting on second one now. How can people give a gift if the box is opened?!

My first two claims were provisionally approved with the box photo, tripped on the next one. It is silly of Samsung to use the word "Gifts" in the promotion but expect the box to be opened. I think they are trying to clamp down on reselling more than anything else.
  4. Avatar
    All 5 provisionally approved with box photo. That was 9/12 and not heard anything since.
    Edited by: "Speculator" 25th Dec 2021
  5. Avatar
    Submitted using photos of the boxes but still waiting for provisional approval. It's been 6 working days since I submitted. Is anyone else waiting longer than the stated 5 days?
  6. Avatar
    J_B26/12/2021 10:47

Submitted using photos of the boxes but still waiting for provisional …Submitted using photos of the boxes but still waiting for provisional approval. It's been 6 working days since I submitted. Is anyone else waiting longer than the stated 5 days?

Yes it has been almost 2 weeks since I submitted a claim, I phoned and they said it has been a popular promotion so might be delayed
  7. Avatar
    Ali929/12/2021 15:30

Yes it has been almost 2 weeks since I submitted a claim, I phoned and …Yes it has been almost 2 weeks since I submitted a claim, I phoned and they said it has been a popular promotion so might be delayed

Just received my provisional approval this morning.
  8. Avatar
    Has anyone else not received the provisional approval yet - im starting to get worried
  9. Avatar
    654321031/12/2021 15:26

Has anyone else not received the provisional approval yet - im starting to …Has anyone else not received the provisional approval yet - im starting to get worried

I applied 21/12 and 24/12 and haven't heard anything but I am keeping all the stuff I bought and am using it so if they want any additional proof of use there shouldn't be any issues
  10. Avatar
    chrb01/01/2022 22:25

I applied 21/12 and 24/12 and haven't heard anything but I am keeping all …I applied 21/12 and 24/12 and haven't heard anything but I am keeping all the stuff I bought and am using it so if they want any additional proof of use there shouldn't be any issues

i submitted my info on the 14th and havent heard back from them
  11. Avatar
    654321002/01/2022 00:22

i submitted my info on the 14th and havent heard back from them

That's awful no excuse for that at least mine is over Xmas period so is more understandable
  12. Avatar
    I submitted my claim on the 7th of December and received provisional approval within a few minutes, the claim was last updated on the 13th of December still at provisional approval.

What's taking so long?
  13. Avatar
    I submitted mine on the 22/12/2021 and not heard anything.

Ali929/12/2021 15:30

Yes it has been almost 2 weeks since I submitted a claim, I phoned and …Yes it has been almost 2 weeks since I submitted a claim, I phoned and they said it has been a popular promotion so might be delayed

what option do you choose when phoning them. Its all automated?
    Edited by: "kenny009uk" 4th Jan
  14. Avatar
    I've claimed from them before in the past for what I assume were much less popular promotions and it was very close to the suggested timeframe when they actually completed it, I'm expecting my claims for this one to take 40+ days.
  15. Avatar
    kenny009uk04/01/2022 12:54

I submitted mine on the 22/12/2021 and not heard anything.what option do …I submitted mine on the 22/12/2021 and not heard anything.what option do you choose when phoning them. Its all automated?

Hi, there was a specific phone number for the promotion when you go onto the promotion website. I found it more useful to contact them on the contact form through the Samsung gifts that give back promotion website. It took them a while to approve my claim, on the phone they said it had been a popular promotion
  16. Avatar
    Ali904/01/2022 13:38

Hi, there was a specific phone number for the promotion when you go onto …Hi, there was a specific phone number for the promotion when you go onto the promotion website. I found it more useful to contact them on the contact form through the Samsung gifts that give back promotion website. It took them a while to approve my claim, on the phone they said it had been a popular promotion

Managed to get them. They want a photo of the laptop and the serial number.
  17. Avatar
    kenny009uk04/01/2022 13:46

Managed to get them. They want a photo of the laptop and the serial number.

I ordered galaxy buds and gave photos of the box. They mentioned on the phone that I might need to open the boxes later and give photos from the app.

Ali904/01/2022 13:49

I ordered galaxy buds and gave photos of the box. They mentioned on the …I ordered galaxy buds and gave photos of the box. They mentioned on the phone that I might need to open the boxes later and give photos from the app.

Photos of the serial number from the box
    Edited by: "Ali9" 4th Jan
  18. Avatar
    has anyone else not yet received the provisional approval email yet? the tracking page says it would take only 5 days but for me its been over 20 days - im gonna call them tomorrow
  19. Avatar
    Got a text earlier to say they have paid the cashback to my account
  20. Avatar
    46621604-oOs2Z.jpg
    Didn't even need to open any boxes. Just sent them photos of serial no. on outside of box.:)
    Edited by: "Speculator" 5th Jan
  21. Avatar
    654321005/01/2022 18:20

has anyone else not yet received the provisional approval email yet? the …has anyone else not yet received the provisional approval email yet? the tracking page says it would take only 5 days but for me its been over 20 days - im gonna call them tomorrow

Yes applied on 21/12
  22. Avatar
    £400 has just landed in my current account
  23. Avatar
    just got my provisional approval only 1 whole month late
  24. Avatar
    got one provisional acceptance and one more info as I only sent a picture of Serial number on soundbar box they want a photo of Serial number from the soundbar- not a problem but they accepted boxes for everything else
  25. Avatar
    Provisionally approved after a phone call with a lovely woman. I had an email asking for evidence of Serial Numbers- I had already sent images of the boxes but she could not find them on my application. She waited whilst I emailed them through- checked and approved whilst on hold. Very happy This was an amazing offer. X
  26. Avatar
    Has anyone got the email address to send invoice one they game bounced
  27. Avatar
    Bought 2 pairs of the buds live for £158. Got £130 cashback in the bank couple days ago and just sold one pair. Ended up with free pair of new buds live and a few quid in profit, such a good promotion!
  28. Avatar
    davver9918/01/2022 14:04

Has anyone got the email address to send invoice one they game bounced

They sent me a link to provide extra info but was specific to my claim
    Edited by: "chrb" 21st Jan
  29. Avatar
    Shocking service so far asked me for invoices again then nowhere on the claim it says where to send it

Called back and got a email sent to me looks like acer promotions are dealing with the promo
  30. Avatar
    davver9921/01/2022 16:24

Shocking service so far asked me for invoices again then nowhere on the …Shocking service so far asked me for invoices again then nowhere on the claim it says where to send itCalled back and got a email sent to me looks like acer promotions are dealing with the promo

Did that to me too. But got it sorted. Saying that, haven't been paid cashback yet- provisionally accepted.
  31. Avatar
    A relation had their buds claim approved and paid with just the box photos, eventually

initially they wanted screenshots of the buds activated on the wearable app, which they couldn’t give them an iOS link for?
    They then wanted photos of the serial numbers on the actual buds case, again meaning they had got to open “gifts”?
    He politely emailed them to point out that open/used gifts weren’t really what he intended to give after which they provisionally approved the claim and subsequently paid it.

I submitted my claim with box photos and they keep coming back with wanting photos of the serial number on the cases, each time taking at least a week to respond?

Unfortunately, for security and auditing purposes we need you to provide us images of the serial numbers from the charging cases directly.
    As per our Terms & Conditions:
    "Participants may also be required to upload a photograph or screenshot of either their IMEI number or serial number as appropriate."

which they’ve taken from;
    46811619-4nXsn.jpg
    Can’t see where it states or even suggests that the serial numbers from the actual charging case are required?
    and I have uploaded a photo of the serial number albeit from the box, the same serial numbers that appear on the Samsung invoice who supplied the buds?

Anyone else had this issue and is there anything I can do about it, other than keep stating the obvious in the hope that someone different responds to it?
    Edited by: "defgimp" 1st Feb
  32. Avatar
    defgimp01/02/2022 10:15

A relation had their buds claim approved and paid with just the box …A relation had their buds claim approved and paid with just the box photos, eventually initially they wanted screenshots of the buds activated on the wearable app, which they couldn’t give them an iOS link for?They then wanted photos of the serial numbers on the actual buds case, again meaning they had got to open “gifts”?He politely emailed them to point out that open/used gifts weren’t really what he intended to give after which they provisionally approved the claim and subsequently paid it.I submitted my claim with box photos and they keep coming back with wanting photos of the serial number on the cases, each time taking at least a week to respond?Unfortunately, for security and auditing purposes we need you to provide us images of the serial numbers from the charging cases directly.As per our Terms & Conditions: "Participants may also be required to upload a photograph or screenshot of either their IMEI number or serial number as appropriate."which they’ve taken from;[Image] Can’t see where it states or even suggests that the serial numbers from the actual charging case are required?and I have uploaded a photo of the serial number albeit from the box, the same serial numbers that appear on the Samsung invoice who supplied the buds?Anyone else had this issue and is there anything I can do about it, other than keep stating the obvious in the hope that someone different responds to it?

Just give them what they want, I'm currently in a dispute with them where it is likely they will squirm a way out of paying the cashback. So seriously, just give them what they want and atleast it gets you the money which you are entitled to from the promotion.
  33. Avatar
    Have finally got confirmation of my cashback . Only took 2 months
  34. Avatar
    654321011/02/2022 07:34

Have finally got confirmation of my cashback . Only took 2 months

I don't know why they give out timescales they know they can't stick to. Must cause them so much extra work I finally received cash payment for one of my claims yesterday
Post a comment
Discussions
Top Merchants