Expired

Sandwich/Canadian Steaks - Where To Buy!

Found 23rd Jan 2014
I have had a look around the usual places for these and can't find them anywhere, does anyone know where they sell sandwich/canadian steaks?

There like the ultra thin steaks usually frozen and each one separated by paper in case you can't remember what they are.
Community Updates
AskSteak
17 Comments
If u av a jack fultons near u they sell them
Iceland, Farm foods, Heron, Tesco..the usual places :o)
They don't sell them in the Icelands or Farmfoods near me anymore. When I asked staff when they'll be back in they said they were all recalled and not restocked after the horse meat scandal. Shame as they were lovely!
Ive had the same problem finding them, but apparently Aldi sell something simlar although i haven't tried them yet!
Original Poster
natielou

Iceland, Farm foods, Heron, Tesco..the usual places :o)

None of those places sell them, trust me I looked.
Original Poster
jeanetteford9

Ive had the same problem finding them, but apparently Aldi sell something … Ive had the same problem finding them, but apparently Aldi sell something simlar although i haven't tried them yet!

Hmm, well check that out tomorrow! Thanks
Original Poster
rach2780

If u av a jack fultons near u they sell them

None near me

momartin

They don't sell them in the Icelands or Farmfoods near me anymore. When I … They don't sell them in the Icelands or Farmfoods near me anymore. When I asked staff when they'll be back in they said they were all recalled and not restocked after the horse meat scandal. Shame as they were lovely!

They were that, I don't care what was in them, they were lovely lol
I had some fresh sandwich steaks from Asda the other day - not seen them frozen but think they're a normal thing in the fresh meat bit.
Original Poster
Have not seen fresh ones before, are they like ultra thin?
Buy a good roast beef joint, cook it and cut it into thin slices and freeze in batches.
Original Poster
Terrabytes

There was a good description of how these are made on a Sheffield … There was a good description of how these are made on a Sheffield students' forum once. There's very little beef in them. 200kg of mutton hearts, liquid fat, rusk and spices get churned in industrial vats before being squeezed out into 'steak' shapes for cooking.

Mmmm, sounds good Either way they were still damn tasty
Jonj1611

Have not seen fresh ones before, are they like ultra thin?

The fresh steaks are really think beef steaks, no yummy additives or anything. They're a bit tough but they're ok.
Original Poster
Ok many thanks, if I fail in my quest for the mutton heart and liquid fat version then I will have to fall back to them lol.

Thanks again
If you buy steak ask your butcher to thinly slice them as a steak canadian.
Beat 4 eggs cut sliced bread in half on the diagnal. Dip in the egg both sides and fry till golden. Add a nice lump of cream cheese and top wiyh thim cut steaks.
Best meal ever.
Used to love these with fried onions and mushroom in a bread bun. Since being diagnosed with coronary heart disease I've stopped eating this sort of food though!
Original Poster
Found some similar ones in Farmfoods recently but it doesn't taste the same at all.
Steak-Express Green sleeve...bought in Farm Foods....Delicious
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions