Santander OTPC Nightmare

Posted 5th SepEdited by:"Enoch_Powell"
Hi,
Is anybody else having problems with One Time Pass Codes from Santander.
We received a new Mastercard replacing an expiring Visa.
For the second time in the 2 weeks we have had it the OTP Codes are not getting through to our mobiles.
One is on the 3 network and the other is on Vodafone.
Test texts to other contacts are all working OK from our phones and also between 3 and Vodafone.
Community Updates
13 Comments
I use business banking with them, and I am on Three - no issues with OTPC though.

There is a delay though with notifcations of payments received, but I can live with that!
jsac05/09/2020 17:18

I use business banking with them, and I am on Three - no issues with OTPC …I use business banking with them, and I am on Three - no issues with OTPC though.There is a delay though with notifcations of payments received, but I can live with that!

Hi,
Have you got a Mastercard or Visa.
I just used my Visa whereas my wife has the new Mastercard. My payment went straight through.
Enoch_Powell05/09/2020 17:25

Hi,Have you got a Mastercard or Visa.I just used my Visa whereas my wife …Hi,Have you got a Mastercard or Visa.I just used my Visa whereas my wife has the new Mastercard. My payment went straight through.

Mines a VISA - so it may well be that Mastercards are the issue? Strange!
I have a MasterCard with them, but not had issues with the OTP thingy - I’m on o2 but doubt it would be network related? Have Santander said anything?
Just got off the phone with Santander who said can you pay with another means!
My wife is on the warpath and will be at the local branch at 10am sharp on Monday morning.
No issues with a Visa. Using 3 network or O2.
Enoch_Powell05/09/2020 18:03

Just got off the phone with Santander who said can you pay with another …Just got off the phone with Santander who said can you pay with another means!My wife is on the warpath and will be at the local branch at 10am sharp on Monday morning.

:O That is shocking service!!
Have been with Santander for years. Every OTPC comes through pretty much before the page changes telling me it has been sent lol. Have Mastercard credit card with them and Visa debit card. No issues whatsoever. I suspect it’s an issue your end but no idea what.
ArcadeAssassin05/09/2020 18:18

Have been with Santander for years. Every OTPC comes through pretty much …Have been with Santander for years. Every OTPC comes through pretty much before the page changes telling me it has been sent lol. Have Mastercard credit card with them and Visa debit card. No issues whatsoever. I suspect it’s an issue your end but no idea what.

Have you had pass codes sent to the Mastercard and if so what network are you on.
Sorry I might add we have been with Santander for over 30 years since it was Abbey National.
Enoch_Powell05/09/2020 18:03

Just got off the phone with Santander who said can you pay with another …Just got off the phone with Santander who said can you pay with another means!My wife is on the warpath and will be at the local branch at 10am sharp on Monday morning.

If you haven't already, this is why it is important to have multiple banks. Hold at least 1 MasterCard and one Visa from entirely separate banks in case there are any issues.
Enoch_Powell05/09/2020 18:39

Have you had pass codes sent to the Mastercard and if so what network are …Have you had pass codes sent to the Mastercard and if so what network are you on.

Yes. Just made some payments to new people/shops online this afternoon that required codes and all was fine. On Sky mobile which is on O2.
We have Visa and Mastercard with various banks.
We just use the one account with Santander for contactless payments and internet payments.
We normally just put £500 in there and replenish when required so if there are any ripoffs then that's all that is in dispute.
On our joint account with Santander my Visa goes through with no problems
Post a comment
@
    Text