Santorini - honeymoon

Posted 24th Dec 2019
Hi guys,
Getting married next year and planning on going Santorini for 6 nights. Any tips on those who have been? - what area to stay in, hotel/cave recommendations etc. For 6 days its looking for to be quite expensive - all my money saved over the years on HUKD will be gone!! But I'll do this once. Looking for a private jacuzzi/pool.
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Not worth it, don't do it.

Getting married that is, Santorini is beautiful
8 Comments
This may or may not be of use. Something tells me it's a little embellished.
Edited by: "jayhutton10" 24th Dec 2019
I went in Easter 2017, staying in Oia.
We stayed at the Elea Resort and had private juacuzzi.
rimalpatel00724/12/2019 19:04

I went in Easter 2017, staying in Oia. We stayed at the Elea Resort and …I went in Easter 2017, staying in Oia. We stayed at the Elea Resort and had private juacuzzi.

Thanks very much. Resort looks really nice! Will have a look at Oia to.
Not worth it, don't do it.

Getting married that is, Santorini is beautiful
Not worth it for a honeymoon.. Way better places out there
nadhaw24/12/2019 19:44

Not worth it for a honeymoon.. Way better places out there

Agree. For honeymoon you need a beaxh. Sontorini has one called black sand beach but you need to travel 20min by car. Go for anniversary or birthday treat maybe.
Went a few weeks ago; beautiful place- but not for honeymoon. Ideal for a bday treat etc. Went for 5days/ 4 nights and that was enough for us. Stayed on the Caldera which offer the best views imo (infinity dana suites). Gotta be mega fit as it all very up and down (we had 108 steps from the road to the room!) A further 100 to the restaurant further below. Lovely food and people but not 'that much' to see or do. 5 days (incl. Flying out/ arrival day) was perfect esp as we rented our own car. It's a very sleepy island and off peak roads are very quiet. Theres only one main road that goes all the way around the island. Don't believe scare stories on TA, driving was a doddle... esp compared to other parts of the world (i.e. morocco) best thing, park anywhere deemed safe, parking is free. Would recommend a bed and brekkie deal as lots of restaurants offer lovely sea good eye so you wouldn't wanna be tied to the hotel all day. We went in Oct and the temp was 21deg but felt hotter cos of the direct sun.

I'd deffo wouldn't recommend it for a honeymoon as mentioned earlier.. look to go elsewhere. Best of luck with the wedding prep.
Also, staying close to Firostefani is ideal as that's the 'central hub' of the island where its all 'happening' and being central makes it easier to tour due to the convenient location. Oia is where ppl go to view the 'sunset' but the view of it from our balcony was nicer(!) It was recommended to us to sail over to Mykonos for a day as its a much prettier place / food wise too etc but days were short and time restricted. We got our car from firo too, great local rental place -lovely fella.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions