Groups

Sat Nav / Car question....

A friend of mine wants to know... if there's no cigarette thingy in the car... is there another way of plugging in a satnav?

Please help, us ladies are clueless about this!

Sorry xx

38 Comments

You could hardwire it into your fusebox !
    Or just make sure you fully charge it from a mains plug before each journey.
    Or fix the cigarette lighter.

What car has no lighter or 12V socket these days COM?

Original Poster

kyalion;6640940

What car has no lighter or 12V socket these days COM?

Lemme ask her... lol

ClarityofMind;6640950

Lemme ask her... lol

Oh right. Not you struggling with technology then :whistling:

shibi din;6640927

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080201163523AA56WQ7HTH … http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080201163523AA56WQ7HTH :thumbsup:

good googling!

Original Poster

kyalion;6640963

Not this time....... it's for a friend...... honest! lol

kyalion;6640963

:giggle: yeah Com!! :giggle:

its ok com im here lol
    its a zafira 07

ClarityofMind;6640970

Not this time....... it's for a friend...... honest! lol

Yeah, right. Whatever :whistling:

Banned

take extra batteries, if it resets or something when it dies then just plan route a to b, then b to c for after new batteries

magicbeans;6640968

good googling!

Thanks. I thought so too. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

magicbeans;6640975

:giggle: yeah Com!! :giggle:

It's true, everyone knows me and technology aren't on the same planet :-D

sassie;6640996

take extra batteries

Most, if not all, sat navs have inbuilt batteries.

Original Poster

kyalion;6640987

Yeah, right. Whatever :whistling:

If i look pretty and smile can I get away with this.... somehow?? :);-)

sassie;6640996

take extra batteries

You do that for a different reason I'm suspecting

Banned

Babbabooey;6641005

Most, if not all, sat navs have inbuilt batteries.

oh do they, my sisters dont, she uses rechargables :?

ClarityofMind;6641008

If i look pretty and smile can I get away with this.... somehow?? :);-)

We have no evidence of this, now do we? You could be Hev from 'enders for all we know :w00t:

sassie;6641016

oh do they, my sisters dont, she uses rechargables :?

yeah they got inbuilt batt
    thanks though x

Original Poster

kyalion;6641020

We have no evidence of this, now do we? You could be Hev from 'enders for … We have no evidence of this, now do we? You could be Hev from 'enders for all we know :w00t:

Nope my baby still has several months to go before he/she shoots out to say hi to hukd ;-)

Banned

edjaned;6641028

yeah they got inbuilt battthanks though x

well why didnt ya bloody say that - pmsl

only teasing after what you said on other thread ;-)

stop at service station and ask to plug in for an hour or so, or go buy a better one - lol

edjaned;6641028

yeah they got inbuilt battthanks though x

If there really is no 12V socket anywhere in the car, then a decent mechanic could wire it into the fuse box for you for a few quid.

What .........no cigy lighter socket ?? What car you got ?
    A Ford Model T ??

My Zaffy has 2 sockets , one on the dash and one in the back panel by the R/H side rear lamp .

ClarityofMind;6641032

Nope my baby still has several months to go before he/she shoots out to … Nope my baby still has several months to go before he/she shoots out to say hi to hukd ;-)

Sober Xmas and New Year then?

Original Poster

kyalion;6641048

Sober Xmas and New Year then?

oh fartatious, I hadn't even considered that!!! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh :x

edjaned;6640976

its ok com im here lolits a zafira 07

It's under the handbrake - it should have one - unless it's broken

kyalion;6641040

If there really is no 12V socket anywhere in the car, then a decent … If there really is no 12V socket anywhere in the car, then a decent mechanic could wire it into the fuse box for you for a few quid.

lol my dad is a mechanic
    me and my family going in one car then my parents are going in other car and dont really want them phoning me asking how to work the bloody thing was hoping that it could just be set for them and then we could go
    so where could the cig lighter thing go as there is no space for it in the dashboard

ricko;6641042

What .........no cigy lighter socket ?? What car you got ?A Ford Model T … What .........no cigy lighter socket ?? What car you got ?A Ford Model T ??My Zaffy has 2 sockets , one on the dash and one in the back panel by the R/H side rear lamp .

its a zafira and my mum said its 2 yrs old at xmas
    just phoned my mum and sent her to look under the handbreak

edjaned;6641082

lol my dad is a mechanic me and my family going in one car then my … lol my dad is a mechanic me and my family going in one car then my parents are going in other car and dont really want them phoning me asking how to work the bloody thing was hoping that it could just be set for them and then we could goso where could the cig lighter thing go as there is no space for it in the dashboard

Your Dad could solder one end into the fuse box, or even join it to the ignition wires, and then you just plug the usual end into the unit. He'll know what to do.

ClarityofMind;6641056

oh fartatious, I hadn't even considered that!!! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh :x

Doh !!! Me and my big mouth again :oops:

Original Poster

kyalion;6641133

Doh !!! Me and my big mouth again :oops:

That's ok, I woulda realised sooner or later ;-):)

prolly later with me.......... lol

mums just phoned back and said there is a hole thing under the handbreak but looks like the bit that lights ur fag is missing
    thanks everyone

Original Poster

edjaned;6641243

mums just phoned back and said there is a hole thing under the handbreak … mums just phoned back and said there is a hole thing under the handbreak but looks like the bit that lights ur fag is missing thanks everyone

lol @ hole thing...

see it isn't just me!!! :-D

edjaned;6641243

mums just phoned back and said there is a hole thing under the handbreak … mums just phoned back and said there is a hole thing under the handbreak but looks like the bit that lights ur fag is missing thanks everyone

Assuming the 'hole thing' is still working then you're all set to charge the sat nav :thumbsup:

Banned

edjaned;6640976

its ok com im here lolits a zafira 07

so you cant ask your own questions now?

and the car should have one somewhere - have you looked? hard?

dimebars;6641373

so you cant ask your own questions now?and the car should have one … so you cant ask your own questions now?and the car should have one somewhere - have you looked? hard?

firstly people like u put me of asking questions ,i could have asked but i was discussing it on another thread then com offered to do a thread and ask

its not my car its my parents and yes they have found it now thanks to some of the more helpful members on the board

Babbabooey;6641321

Assuming the 'hole thing' is still working then you're all set to charge … Assuming the 'hole thing' is still working then you're all set to charge the sat nav :thumbsup:

yes my mum is going to ask my dad to look at it when he gets home,i presume its just the lighter bit that is missing and that the hole thing will be wired in unless its just a hole 4 u to put a cig lighter if u wanted one

edjaned;6641544

firstly people like u put me of asking questions ,i could have asked but … firstly people like u put me of asking questions ,i could have asked but i was discussing it on another thread then com offered to do a thread and askits not my car its my parents and yes they have found it now thanks to some of the more helpful members on the board

Don't worry about dimebarz, he's still sore about the result last night. At least your Mum found it, and all will be well. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767390
      2. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value1115
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047152
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2485

See more discussions