Groups

Sat Nav? My Garmin Quest has failed

My Garmin Quest has failed me after 6 years. It is frozen and won't return to normal with the "hold the on/off button and the zoom in button.
    I've e-mailed the Garmin Support team but I'm not too hopeful of a cure unless anyone here can help? If I unscrew the back and disconnect the battery, then fire up again, would that work?
    Alternatively, I'm considering a new machine - Tomtom or Garmin? but must have Europe as well and be capable of use as portable as it is often used for city navigation on the hoof. Recommendations welcome thank you

4 Comments

TomTom I would say is the best and probably easiest to use etc, But Garmin are usually very good as well.

I don't think you'd be disappointed with either.

Banned

A vote for Tomtom here. The software itself might not look the prettiest, but its second to none for navigation.

Depending on what kind of kit you are after, the Tomtom One V4 is tiny - and good to carry around, or the Tomtom Go 540Live is the near-top of the range, but just UK maps (can be upgraded).

The middle ground is the x20 range, which can be upgraded to do everything the x30 range can do

Hi, Let the battery run down and then see what happens when you recharge it. I'va also fuond that Garmin have a Freefone suppport number which is 0808 238 0000 if you need it. Good Luck

Well my friend convinced me to buy a Tom Tom One with Europe mapping after years of using PDA's and usually higher end stuff. The TT One just works without any fuss. Ideal.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4952441
      2. 41% of 40-60 year olds do not go for a brisk walk of >10 minutes A MONTH!810
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764716
      4. GCSE Results day78

See more discussions