sat nav question

Found 9th Jul 2009
can all sat navs be updated with new roads when connected to a pc or not? is this an optional update? sorry to sound thick

1. Misc
  2. Sat Nav
10 Comments

For one year I think (TomTom anyway) after that you pay for new maps. The maps get updated with corrections, but not to a new version.

Original Poster

Predikuesi;5707205

For one year I think (TomTom anyway) after that you pay for new maps. The … For one year I think (TomTom anyway) after that you pay for new maps. The maps get updated with corrections, but not to a new version.

i think i will end up buying a garmin or navman. do you have a rough idea how much you pay for the updates?

donnaraine;5707241

i think i will end up buying a garmin or navman. do you have a rough idea … i think i will end up buying a garmin or navman. do you have a rough idea how much you pay for the updates?

Nothing if you know where to look. :whistling:

cuzzy;5707274

+1

donnaraine;5707241

i think i will end up buying a garmin or navman. do you have a rough idea … i think i will end up buying a garmin or navman. do you have a rough idea how much you pay for the updates?

I bought one just over a year ago and went to get updates and they want £65 for new maps ....I paid £92 originally...you do get software and firmware updates free though.
I have to say I will probably hang on another year and then just buy a new one

Predikuesi;5707205

For one year I think (TomTom anyway) after that you pay for new maps. The … For one year I think (TomTom anyway) after that you pay for new maps. The maps get updated with corrections, but not to a new version.

Actually 30 day's, If of coarse a new map is available.

cuzzy;5707274

imortal;5707277

+1

+1

Original Poster

anyone know what the navman s100 is like?

Actually 30 day's, If of coarse a new map is available.

I thought it was 1 year with all tomtom's now - I got one year with mine & it was a £85 bottom of the range tomtom one.

It was a code for 1 yesr free maps & 1 year free breakdown cover that came in the pack.

worto03;5709981

I thought it was 1 year with all tomtom's now - I got one year with mine … I thought it was 1 year with all tomtom's now - I got one year with mine & it was a £85 bottom of the range tomtom one.It was a code for 1 yesr free maps & 1 year free breakdown cover that came in the pack.

Oops, Yes it could be with certain TomTom's, But I believe it's only the ones on promotion that come with the free breakdown cover and year map upgrade codes.

However all TomTom's used to come with 30 day map guarantee as standard.

I guess they all could be on promotion at the mo though.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Quidco Snow me the money Competition851139
    2. telegraph/BA/visittobago comp - win a holiday in tobago22
    3. OnePlus 5T International Giveaway! Gleam11
    4. Win a luxury five-star break for two in London at the Capital Hotel, Knight…11

See more discussions