Groups

Sat Nav question

Hey guys. I'm having a dilemma with the choice of sat navs. I was hoping to get some feedback.

The options are
    * Garmin Nuvi 1490T
    * TomTom Via Live 120
    * TomTom Go Live 1005

They all have full EU maps that I need and large screens with Bluetooth and other useful features.

The advantage of the Garmin is the price and free lifetime FM traffic and cheap map updates (49£ for life) Disadvantage on Garmin is the UI and performance.

The TomTom advantage is the UI, and the live services. The disadvantage is the price and the long term costs.

Please let me know what you guys think and if anyone owns them- some feedback would be great.

Thanks.

2 Comments

Tried Garmin and disliked UI. Sent back to Amazon within a week and replaced with Tomtom 740. Live Services worked fine and after the trial I got a RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver USB
    which works just as well and is free to use after inital purchase cost. And if you know where to look you can download latest maps and speed camera POI My advice - stick with Tomtom

Original Poster

Thanks guys ... I tried out a friends garmin and its got a lot of bang for the buck but the display and UI are far from perfect... TomTom it is I guess..
    just might pm you titan
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial77
      2. Supermarket may have sold Sausages & Other Pork products may have been inf…1327
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415414088
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764334

See more discussions