Groups
    EXPIRED

Sat Nav with traffic updates help needed

I want to buy a sat nav system for my hubby and want one with the live traffic updates - can anyone recommend one?

There are so many out there - TomTom, Garmin & others just wondered if anyone can point me in the direction of a good one.

All help gratefully appreciated

9 Comments

Tom Tom 740 live, i drive for a living and wouldnt be with out it.

Original Poster

ba1964;6761078

Tom Tom 740 live, i drive for a living and wouldnt be with out it.

Thanks for the answer - that one looks a bit too professional maybe - thanks & repped though. Are tomtoms generally good? They seem to have mixed reviews on Amazon?

ive always had tom toms any of the live ones should be ok.

Original Poster

ba1964;6762917

ive always had tom toms any of the live ones should be ok.

thanks, will have to sit down & have a proper look at them all tomorrow..

we have tom tom and its pretty good on the whole, we got the traffic thing free with it last year, the traffic thing is a complete waste of space, it isn't updated anywhere near often enough, it tells you there is traffic when there isn't and warns of a 15 min delay that lasts 3 hours etc, so all in all pretty useless, great if you get it free, but wouldn't consider paying extra for it.

I've got the Garmin Nuvi 255W, cheap and cheerful, awesome piece of kit

Original Poster

danny09;6764143

I've got the Garmin Nuvi 255W, cheap and cheerful, awesome piece of kit

Only just seen your comment now and ordered the Garmin 255WT about an hour ago!

Thanks anyway, it must be good if you are recommending it! Bought it from Amazon and signed up for the Prime trial so should be here tomorrow:)

Laffy42;6769936

Only just seen your comment now and ordered the Garmin 255WT about an … Only just seen your comment now and ordered the Garmin 255WT about an hour ago! Thanks anyway, it must be good if you are recommending it! Bought it from Amazon and signed up for the Prime trial so should be here tomorrow:)

cool i got the live traffic updates free and also got a case free with mine got it last year, let me know what you think of it

Original Poster

danny09;6770372

cool i got the live traffic updates free and also got a case free with … cool i got the live traffic updates free and also got a case free with mine got it last year, let me know what you think of it

He likes it!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains98
      2. Win a safari adventure & claim a free Chicago Town pizza coupon33
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      4. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99

See more discussions