sata hdd enclosure help

I am looking for a 2.5 inch SATA External USB Hard Drvie Enclosure but i have a SAS drive 146GB (mbd2147rc)fugitsu 10K rpm, which is 12.5mm in height.
I cant seem to find any enclosure that is compatabile, all i find is the newer 9.5mm, So i need an enclosure that can hold a 12.5mm,146GB and can handle speeds of 10k

7 Comments

SAS drives are not compatable with SATA are they? (The reverse is true - a SAS controller can accept a SATA drive, but not vice versa)...

Original Poster

jah128

SAS drives are not compatable with SATA are they? (The reverse is true - … SAS drives are not compatable with SATA are they? (The reverse is true - a SAS controller can accept a SATA drive, but not vice versa)...

did not know that,so what could i use?

You need a SAS controller, and they aren't that cheap... How did you come by the drive? Might be better to try and sell it and just by a SATA one...

Original Poster

jah128

You need a SAS controller, and they aren't that cheap... How did you … You need a SAS controller, and they aren't that cheap... How did you come by the drive? Might be better to try and sell it and just by a SATA one...

my friend gave it me from hes old server i think, you are probably right,will try and sell it then,oh well,thanks

It should sell on ebay, and you might get close to enough to buy a decent external enclosure with a larger capacity...

Original Poster

how much is a SAS controller any way

Original Poster

drive

that seems alot of money,is this right
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213598
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386134
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764005
    4. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??11

See more discussions