Sata port SSD v m.2

Posted 10th Jun
I was looking to build a budget itx pc, the motherboard I found doesn't have an m.2 slot. I wanted to ask, is there a noticeable difference in gaming?

Many Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
None whatsoever. The end.
For 95% of tasks there will be no appreciable difference, SATA drives will be plenty fast enough.
Thanks so much for the answers. I was looking at this motherboard.
ebay.co.uk/itm…595

I noticed itx mb's tend to be dearer. The last time I built a pc I used the long ide cable for my HDD. .
I was looking at a cheap Ryzen build with a used GPU.

If you have any suggestions please share, budget is low as possible for games like League of legends, overwatch, rb6 siege, with streaming too.
there’s no real difference in normal task but i prefer nvme drives because you don’t have to worry about sata cables and sata power. but this does come at a slight premium
The only difference is when you benchmark your pc. Also bragging rights to your mates, especially if your well into pc’s and buy the latest tech.

i bought one when Samsung released the 950 pro evo, as one of my mates had raided his ssd’s and thought he was clever going on about how fast his benchmarks were, so I bought one to shut him up. I would and will do it again. But in real life you can’t really tell and the premium isn’t worth the gain.
redblueice11/06/2020 00:16

Thanks so much for the answers. I was looking at this motherboard. …Thanks so much for the answers. I was looking at this motherboard. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/382532168595I noticed itx mb's tend to be dearer. The last time I built a pc I used the long ide cable for my HDD. . I was looking at a cheap Ryzen build with a used GPU.If you have any suggestions please share, budget is low as possible for games like League of legends, overwatch, rb6 siege, with streaming too.

That has M.2
It could make a difference in the future especially with the new consoles having extremely fast SSD's
Thanks again, description didn't mention m.2 on eBay, the biostar looks looks great for my budget, thanks everyone.
BabaGanoush11/06/2020 01:24

there’s no real difference in normal task but i prefer nvme drives because …there’s no real difference in normal task but i prefer nvme drives because you don’t have to worry about sata cables and sata power. but this does come at a slight premium

SATA M.2 drives don't have cables and power either, that's down to the form factor rather than the protocol.
also this one
amazon.co.uk/ASR…DFX

having moved from sata raid to nvme i can tell you in some games it does make a lot of difference, in others not, depends on data (levels?) to be loaded.
Post a comment
@
    Text