Groups

Satelite Dishes

Does anyone know if i can use the satelitte dishes from B&Q for £25 to get normal sattelite so when i go to france and take my satelite and card with me or do you know where i can get a dish from.

6 Comments

Banned

What do you mean by "normal satellite"?

theres a massive sat thread on here. title is something like roll up, roll up all things satelite. post your ? on there

Probably not as you would need a large dish to pick up the "foot print" of the relevant Astra satellite.

We had one of the "satellite system in a box" from Aldi and as the dish was only a 45 cm dish we were unable to receive a decent signal; we were just South of La Rochelle. We were told we would need a minimum dish size of 60cm but a 90cm dish would be better.

If you use Google and look for satellite footprints it should give you a better indication of required dish sizes for your location.

Try this link ses-astra.com/bus…php

lanc_red

theres a massive sat thread on here. title is something like roll up, … theres a massive sat thread on here. title is something like roll up, roll up all things satelite. post your ? on there

All things satellite........ Roll up, Roll up..........

Original Poster

Ive got a 45cm dish now and it works fine with freeview in St jean demonts near La Rochelle but i want to take full sat to watch movies.

France is a big country, dish size requirement will differ on location.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Find out how good your GP surgery is55
      2. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio711
      3. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6541246
      4. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917259

See more discussions