EXPIRED

Satellite Digital receivers for USB.

I am looking for a Freeview usb device but don't know much about them. I just want to be able to view Freeview channels and record them etc. Reading about, I often hear the antennae supplied provides poor channel reception?

This doesn't concern me too much because I already have a Freeview box in my living room and was hoping that I could get a long enough cable extention of some sort to connect to this USB device and just watch on a laptop (waiting for PC Next Day to process order now, hopefully my son will like it!).

Any advice or recommendations? I have been trawling through some past threads and came across this:

ebuyer.com/cus…375

and

ebuyer.com/cus…486

What should I look out for?

Thanks for any help!

4 Comments

Er... are you looking for Satellite USB box (DVB-S) or Freeview (DVB-T)? These are different things, you know

For Freeview, there is a promotion on Scan this weekend - this device for 15 quid + del (to get this price you must go through TodayOnly section). They also have USB DVB-T stick for 16.44 + del.

If you are looking for satellite receivers (DVB-S) then you'll pay in a region of 60 quid for something like this.

I have the second one fama, and it's very good once you get a good location for the aerial. My wife uses it every day to watch TV in the kitchen on her laptop whilst feeding the rugrat.

:pirate: CJ :pirate:

Original Poster

Lol! Yes Kommunist you have it right there, I am meant to look for a Freeview DVB-T, erm USB device.

Looking at some prices on Ebuyer and the reviews, I reckon it won't matter too much which one I get but I'm more concerned about whether I can get a good signal by connecting it to the Freeview box I have in my living room? Is this possible?

Cheers cutthroat_jake, I think the Satellite Digital receiver is out of my budget though!

fama

Lol! Yes Kommunist you have it right there, I am meant to look for a … Lol! Yes Kommunist you have it right there, I am meant to look for a Freeview DVB-T, erm USB device.Looking at some prices on Ebuyer and the reviews, I reckon it won't matter too much which one I get but I'm more concerned about whether I can get a good signal by connecting it to the Freeview box I have in my living room? Is this possible?Cheers cutthroat_jake, I think the Satellite Digital receiver is out of my budget though!

The aerial connection is a standard coaxial, if that helps?

:pirate: CJ :pirate:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)712
    2. Electric Bike 1 year later? any one with one915
    3. Referbed MACBOOK- thoughts?!33
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1822

See more discussions