Groups
    EXPIRED

Satellite/Video Sender + Receiver

As per Subject, I'm after one of those Video Senders so I can watch my Sky TV in another room. They all look to do the same thing but where can I buy the cheapest?!

Thanks in advance...

7 Comments

Hi,

look at these:

Argos £39.99 exc. delivery

Pixmania £56.80 delivered

Amazon £39 delivered

or this one on Ebay £27.90 delivered for brand new Ferguson sender

I've got one - it's Medion, and literally new. Used for maybe 1 hour. comes with box, etc.

£20 + P&P if you're interested.

Currys are selling a Ferguson A/V sender for £24.99.I bought one and it works great (so far).They also have a GigaAir one for £14.99.The Ferguson can be viewed on line at
    currys.co.uk/ Search for sender.The GigAir one seems to be only in store.

With TV Senders the main thing is is how far you want to go on these.

If you aren't a 'quality' geek then then £20 ish ones are fine as they should give TV qual without much loss.

If, however, you are wanting to link several devices to a sender (Like satellite, vcr, dvd player, etc) then you should look to having a decent priced one (Around £70-£90) as these will have a lot of scart ports avail and generally have IR receivers/transmitters so you can actually use your remotes wherever you are sending to.

I bought one for a friend about 6 months ago and he absolutley loves it - awesome picture quality and very useful to be able to use the remotes.

I think this is one of the instances where cheapest isn't necessarily a good idea.

Del

My £20 one has an IR receiver / transmitter

I have a Loewe Nemos (which is one of the best tvs in terms of picture quality), so I understand what you are saying about quality. Having said that, the picture that my sender sends looks fab on the bedroom tv (which is admittedly smaller, but I think this is usually the case!)

Original Poster

Just an update - I bought one from my local Tesco Extra...a stylish black upright setup for £24.99 with a 12mth warranty!

Thanks for all the help with this one.

I'm sure I saw a bargain set of these in Maplin!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Decent hoover66
      2. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)46
      3. Job Centre sending text to confirm appointment66
      4. Iptv814

See more discussions