Saturday Morning RPG will be coming to the Nintendo Switch

Edited by:"mixmixi"Found 15th Jan
If you know what LRG is and you know about their releases, they have finally today announced one of the first releases (it is going to be their #5 apparently) they are going to have for Switch. Saturday Morning RPG was one of their first releases they had for PS4 and it is one of the rarest physical discs to get a hold of. Guess I need this game on Switch too, although I don't have a Switch and am not planning for buying one.

Original link: twitter.com/Lim…776

"Saturday Morning RPG from our development partner @TheMightyRabbit will be coming to the Nintendo Switch both digitally and physically in Spring 2018!

The physical release will be available exclusively at limitedrungames.com!"

294360396-1516047223.jpg
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
29 Comments
When LRG lists a game for sale does it only take a few hours before selling out completely? So what would it take to make you get a Switch in the future? Not got one myself yet as I am waiting to see if they improve on the current version, like maybe release a Switch XL or improve the build quality.
Original Poster
Pink_Yoshi_Rebel_Army5 m ago

When LRG lists a game for sale does it only take a few hours before …When LRG lists a game for sale does it only take a few hours before selling out completely? So what would it take to make you get a Switch in the future? Not got one myself yet as I am waiting to see if they improve on the current version, like maybe release a Switch XL or improve the build quality.

When LRG lists a game it takes only a few minutes until they sell out, normally. With some of their recent releases and bad choices they made some of the sales has taken longer and were carried over to the next day too. But normally that’s not the case. By looking at the hype over this title, I’m going to bet there is going to be a bloodbath over getting a copy of this when it goes on sale, haha.

About Switch mate, I’m just not a fan of it. I’m planning on investing on a PSVR after the tax year hopefully. I’ve been always a Sony guy. No hate towards other consoles but no love either.
The 60s have called, they want their game back. Looks absolute crap.

Sorry.

In fact, I'm not even sorry.

Sorry.
mixmixi27 m ago

When LRG lists a game it takes only a few minutes until they sell out, …When LRG lists a game it takes only a few minutes until they sell out, normally. With some of their recent releases and bad choices they made some of the sales has taken longer and were carried over to the next day too. But normally that’s not the case. By looking at the hype over this title, I’m going to bet there is going to be a bloodbath over getting a copy of this when it goes on sale, haha.About Switch mate, I’m just not a fan of it. I’m planning on investing on a PSVR after the tax year hopefully. I’ve been always a Sony guy. No hate towards other consoles but no love either.

Only a few minutes I have no chance!
I would love to become a Nintendo collector but things like this make it so much harder. Something special about collecting Nintendo merchandise even though I am an Xbox guy myself

PSVR I might consider but prepared to wait a few years on the VR front. So would you never get anything Nintendo, Sega, PC, Microsoft, Xbox related unless it was a game that came to a Sony platform
Original Poster
deeky24 m ago

The 60s have called, they want their game back. Looks absolute crap. …The 60s have called, they want their game back. Looks absolute crap. Sorry. In fact, I'm not even sorry. Sorry.

They’re a publisher who are focused on bringing digital content a.k.a 60s crap games to physical media. You call it crap, fair on you but the one who understands it, will appreciate it too. Also, I suggest looking on eBay and the prices. Once this goes on sale we can sit together and count the seconds how fast this goes OOS.
Original Poster
Pink_Yoshi_Rebel_Army11 m ago

Only a few minutes I have no chance!I would love to become a Nintendo …Only a few minutes I have no chance!I would love to become a Nintendo collector but things like this make it so much harder. Something special about collecting Nintendo merchandise even though I am an Xbox guy myself PSVR I might consider but prepared to wait a few years on the VR front. So would you never get anything Nintendo, Sega, PC, Microsoft, Xbox related unless it was a game that came to a Sony platform

If you be quick you can grab a copy, the sales are normally on Friday at 2PM UK time. If prepare in advance you should be able to although I remember on a number of occasions the item was removed from my basket whilst I was authorising payment, and that’s how they go OOS, haha.

I do have Xbox, WII, 3DS, PC mate! In terms of collecting, I only collect PS4/Vita stuff at the moment only.
Edited by: "mixmixi" 15th Jan
Its on Steam for a fiver and runs on a potato.
Original Poster
catbeans8 m ago

Its on Steam for a fiver and runs on a potato.

Potato or beans?
mixmixi32 m ago

Potato or beans?

Well If you are trying to run it at 60fps I'd aim for a baked potato with beans
Original Poster
catbeans2 m ago

Well If you are trying to run it at 60fps I'd aim for a baked potato with …Well If you are trying to run it at 60fps I'd aim for a baked potato with beans

Seems like a good choice. Lucky it’s Switch otherwise if that was Xbox (mind, I can’t say PS4) it would’ve been mash and beans.
deeky2 h, 4 m ago

The 60s have called, they want their game back. Looks absolute crap. …The 60s have called, they want their game back. Looks absolute crap. Sorry. In fact, I'm not even sorry. Sorry.

Some of the best games came from the 60s.

The loading of the games was the worse though, drop the cards and you are screwed.
And they moan about having to wait 30 minutes for a tape to load in the 80's.
mixmixi7 h, 48 m ago

They’re a publisher who are focused on bringing digital content a.k.a 60s c …They’re a publisher who are focused on bringing digital content a.k.a 60s crap games to physical media. You call it crap, fair on you but the one who understands it, will appreciate it too. Also, I suggest looking on eBay and the prices. Once this goes on sale we can sit together and count the seconds how fast this goes OOS.

All of that may be true but I suspect, and I speak as an avid gamer who goes way back to Pong, that stock and prices will be more to do with phenomena and not because of the quality of the actual games, where everyone who manages to get one will be sat on their sofa, engrossed in playing it. The number of brand new and sealed copies for sale on ebay is testament to that. Most people who buy these games are not buying them to play but to make a quick buck.

And you can sit on your own and watch the prices and stock because I'm not in the least bit interested.
Original Poster
deeky1 h, 42 m ago

All of that may be true but I suspect, and I speak as an avid gamer who …All of that may be true but I suspect, and I speak as an avid gamer who goes way back to Pong, that stock and prices will be more to do with phenomena and not because of the quality of the actual games, where everyone who manages to get one will be sat on their sofa, engrossed in playing it. The number of brand new and sealed copies for sale on ebay is testament to that. Most people who buy these games are not buying them to play but to make a quick buck. And you can sit on your own and watch the prices and stock because I'm not in the least bit interested.

The username represents the personality, isn't it? Here is what other think about the game:

33071735.jpg

I don't question you not being an "avid" gamer, but you are probably an "avid" fifa or cod gamer mate. This post was not created exclusively for Mr. deeky, so move on if you are not understanding/interested in it.

Edit: let me add that only 1980 copies of this was ever released on PS4, people who bought it would refuse to sell it and that’s why you can’t see many listing s over there.
Edited by: "mixmixi" 16th Jan
mixmixi1 h, 25 m ago

The username represents the personality, isn't it?

In English please?

I'm not sure what part of my profile or my comments suggests that I'm an avid COD or FIFA player?

I see though. If somebody doesn't agree with your opinions then they shouldn't comment but just move along to another thread? I saw Nintendo Switch and RPG in the title, both of which I'm a fan of, so I thought I'd have a look.

Only 1980 copies released? They obviously don't think many people will want to play their games then. It couldn't possibly be anything to do with wanting to maintain some exclusivity. I guarantee you that if these game were to be released in numbers that would allow anyone to play them, then Limited Run Games wouldn't last 5 minutes.

But point taken, I'll move along.
Edited by: "deeky" 16th Jan
Original Poster
deeky14 m ago

In English please? I see though. If somebody doesn't agree with your …In English please? I see though. If somebody doesn't agree with your opinions then they shouldn't comment but just move along to another thread? I saw Nintendo Switch and RPG in the title, both of which I'm a fan of, so I thought I'd have a look. But point taken, I'll move along.

That's not about not commenting. You are mocking a good game just because you possibly have never heard of it. The game is popular in the USA. I understand the Misc section is YOUR place to be the king but you seriously don't have to comment on every posts here. If you have nothing useful to put into the post other than moaning based on your feelings but not your experience, then you are not welcome to comment too. What did you add as comment which could educate someone other than "looks absolute crap"? What is your reason when the score is high everywhere else?

Edit: Since you are adding bits to your comment, I am going to add too. I seriously suggest you to go and read more about LRG. That is their business model. They release indie, digital content on discs for fans. There are not many fans of indie games who want to pay $25 per game when the game is only couple of pounds digitally so that is why they release the games in "Limited" numbers. Some of their releases are numbered too. That is how they make their releases collectable. It is not for everyone, that is why you don't understand it. They don't need massive releases instead they go with small batches and release games every week, that is how they fullfill their sale requirements.

Oh and let me add this, it is from Josh (LRG) twitter. They have been selected as #10 success of 2017, right after Xbox One X.

33072058-NCrjD.jpg
Edited by: "mixmixi" 16th Jan
mixmixi17 m ago

That's not about not commenting. You are mocking a good game just because …That's not about not commenting. You are mocking a good game just because you possibly have never heard of it. The game is popular in the USA. I understand the Misc section is YOUR place to be the king but you seriously don't have to comment on every posts here. If you have nothing useful to put into the post other than moaning based on your feelings but not your experience, then you are not welcome to comment too. What did you add as comment which could educate someone other than "looks absolute crap"? What is your reason when the score is high everywhere else?

I didn't intend to offer any education, I offered my opinion, which you do not have to agree with. If you don't want people to offer opinions then I suggest you don't start any more threads. This is the 'discussion' section of misc, not the 'information' section.

If the game is so good then why do they only want 1980 people to play it?

'What is your reason when the score is high everywhere else?'

My eyes. I said it 'looks absolute crap' and as such I would never buy or play it. I don't care how it scores in reviews.

I'm sorry if my comments have hurt your feelings. I didn't intend to. You're obviously a fan of these niche games.

Before I go though, your 'king' comments were just churlish, and I know I don't have to comment in every thread, and I don't. I just comment where I feel I want to.
Edited by: "deeky" 16th Jan
Original Poster
deeky7 m ago

I didn't intend to offer any education, I offered my opinion, which you do …I didn't intend to offer any education, I offered my opinion, which you do not have to agree with. If you don't want people to offer opinions then I suggest you don't start any more threads. This is the 'discussion' section of misc, not the 'information' section.If the game is so good then why do they only want 1980 people to play it? I said it 'looks absolute crap' and as such I would never buy or play it. I don't care how it scores in reviews.

I already answered your question by editing my other comment. Read ore about LRG and you understand the number of their releases per game would never exceed 5000 copies at all. I posted this news to offer education. In fact all the stuff I post is to create awareness. People are welcome to comment and not everyone would have the same opinion as I do but you are mocking a game that you have never played/ or even heard of. You need reason for hating something otherwise you won't be appreciated (just like now). Opinions that are not based on logic belong to deluded people.

And about the Misc section. Unfortunately HUKD has left me no choice. I cannot post this as a deal since the retailer is not on the list and it is only a heads up. That would be me left to post it in the troll section instead having an opportunity to be in touch with the healthy audience in gaming section.
mixmixi3 m ago

I already answered your question by editing my other comment. Read ore …I already answered your question by editing my other comment. Read ore about LRG and you understand the number of their releases per game would never exceed 5000 copies at all. I posted this news to offer education. In fact all the stuff I post is to create awareness. People are welcome to comment and not everyone would have the same opinion as I do but you are mocking a game that you have never played/ or even heard of. You need reason for hating something otherwise you won't be appreciated (just like now). Opinions that are not based on logic belong to deluded people.And about the Misc section. Unfortunately HUKD has left me no choice. I cannot post this as a deal since the retailer is not on the list and it is only a heads up. That would be me left to post it in the troll section instead having an opportunity to be in touch with the healthy audience in gaming section.

I'm not sure why you are intent on making this personal.

Someone doesn't agree with you. Just accept it and move on.
Original Poster
deeky3 m ago

I'm not sure why you are intent on making this personal.Someone doesn't …I'm not sure why you are intent on making this personal.Someone doesn't agree with you. Just accept it and move on.

I am just offering education. In the end, this is the "discussion" section, isn't it? I am sorry if I upset you too but seriously either my exceptions are high or we both have extremely different point of views about how to explain our thoughts and beliefs. Either way, this should've not been started so I apologise.
mixmixi1 m ago

I am just offering education. In the end, this is the "discussion" …I am just offering education. In the end, this is the "discussion" section, isn't it? I am sorry if I upset you too but seriously either my exceptions are high or we both have extremely different point of views about how to explain our thoughts and beliefs. Either way, this should've not been started so I apologise.

Me too, no hard feelings

33072231-QdgbN.jpg
Original Poster
deeky6 m ago

Me too, no hard feelings [Image]

Let me hug you too.

33072270-0BcE6.jpg
mixmixi1 m ago

Let me hug you too. [Image]

meh

Now that we are all friends I think we should team up and play 2018s most anticipated game... Metal Gear: Survive
Original Poster
Pink_Yoshi_Rebel_Army23 m ago

Now that we are all friends I think we should team up and play 2018s most …Now that we are all friends I think we should team up and play 2018s most anticipated game... Metal Gear: Survive

Metal Gear Survive, that is where I become an irrational person.
Dare i say it.......

It looks a bit crap.
mixmixi2 h, 46 m ago

Read ore about LRG and you understand the number of their releases per …Read ore about LRG and you understand the number of their releases per game would never exceed 5000 copies at all

[pedantry] They released 7,000 copies of Firewatch [/pedantry]
Original Poster
stevenjameshyde25 m ago

[pedantry] They released 7,000 copies of Firewatch [/pedantry]

That's because Campo Santo's requested to have a direct sale from their website too. LRG sold 4800 copies only.

"Only 4,800 copies will be available through our site. The remaining 2,500 will be sold starting January 16th through Campo Santo's online store."

limitedrungames.com/pro…747

Pretty sure you knew the reason yourself...
deeky8 h, 4 m ago

meh

Starting trouble again

You're looking at it all wrong.

I personally buy these and leave them sealed. I have zero interest in the game itself.
Edited by: "OllieSt" 16th Jan
OllieSt1 m ago

Starting trouble again.You're looking at it all wrong.I personally buy …Starting trouble again.You're looking at it all wrong.I personally buy these and leave them sealed. I have zero interest in the game itself.

That's what I intend to do now if I can
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions