Sausage Casserole - any good recipes?

Found 9th Jan 2010
Anyone know any good recipes for a sausage casserole? I think it's just the weather for something warming....

8 Comments

]http//ww…om/

Good website for cheap and cheerful food.

Original Poster

Thank a lot, I hadn't come across either of those web sites before. I REALLY like the sound of the ocado one but I don't have some of the ingredients but I'll certainly try that another day - sounds a bit different.
The student website is great - what a good idea to be able to search depending on what food you have!
Have repped you both :thumbsup:

I use the colemans dry sauce mix "sausage caserole" and follow the receipe, therefore just add mushrooms and onions and carrots and bung in the oven for 1hr tastes lovely.

I make my own:
1 onion finely sliced
1 red pepper diced
pack sausages
1 pint veg/ chicken stock
tin tomatoes
small tin baked beans or chick peas etc

fry the onion and pepper in oil till soft but not brown, remove, brown sausages in pan then add the onions and peppers to the pan. Add the stock and tin of tomatoes, season. Simmer for 20 mins then add the beans, simmer for further 5 mins.

Great, cheap filling dish, should reduce to a thick sauce as it cooks, really ncie served with mash or sauteed potatoes and vegetables. Always goes down well in our house!

really easy-but quick one is tin of Heinz beans, 4sausages, dash of worcester sauce or soy sauce and 500mls of stock (eg. Oxo cube) - qick and simple but tasty - and my boys love it !

Obviously double the amount for more people.

Original Poster

Many thanks for all the suggestions, I made a sort of hybrid one last night as I didn't have many ingredients but it was very well received. I think in future I may cut the sausages up as they will be easier to brown. I added a tin of lentils which had been sitting in the cupboard for ages and much to my surprise no one complained! Will work my way through all the recipes as they seem to vary enormously!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Switch from BT to BT same property different person624
    2. PayPal Friends and Family Payment reversal options78
    3. Flowers for anniversary44
    4. What are the prices of supermarket counter pizzas?33

See more discussions