Save £200 - Free Malwarebytes Premium on 10 devices until May 2022 for Natwest, Royal bank of Scotland RBS, Isle of Man, Ulster Bank

Posted 22nd Apr
I have been doing some digging and have learned that business and personal customers who use online banking with Natwest, Rbs, Isle of Mann bank or Ulster bank (possibly more) are able to get Malwarebytes Premium for free on 10 devices. Supports Windows, Mac, iPhone, Android and Chromebook.

If you have an account you just need to log in to online banking, go to security and get your offer code.. bye bye Norton...
3447113.jpg
3447113.jpg.

Red hot deal..
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Installing this stopped all of my browsers from connecting to any address. Restarting Firefox fails as it says it's already running. Task Manager can't close the running process. Disabling 'web protection' in Malwarebytes and then rebooting the computer fixes it.

Posting just in case anyone else has the same issue.

Edit - It's now bugging me to turn web protection back on. I think I'll just uninstall.

Edit 2 - You can stop it bugging you by going to settings - notifications - ''Alert me if any Real-Time Protection modules are turned off''.

Edit 3 - For anyone curious, this error is caused if you have another program installed that uses the Windows Filtering Platform. In my case this is Sophos. You aren't missing out on functionality by disabling web protection in Malwarebytes, as you already have that running with your other software, if you experience this conflict. .
Edited by: "bo0td" 7th May
deleted43637407/05/2020 14:48

Comment deleted

How is it terrible? I have been using Malware Bytes almost forever, It is more than anti virus - it is the most effective for spam filtering and other malicious code which is not a virus. I use it together with Comodo and they work very well with each other. Yes I had the issue of the access to the internet blocked but once resolved - as shown in another post here there is no better solution. MBAM will work with your regular av programme if it has better AV functionality - ie Kaspersky - otherwise MBAM works just fine on its own.

Even before venturing into an anti-virus solution technicians used MBAM to identify malicious code which was not being picked up by antivirus programmes. It was the most effective programme available for this. It hasn't changed this aspect.
Edited by: "fiqqer" 7th May
145 Comments
Thanks.
Many thanks.
Edited by: "hictor" 22nd Apr
Thank you this is very useful. Norton suscription was about to end
Brilliant,thank you. Just done this,site crashed a couple of times when activating it but works now.
Not sure how long this has been available, just got a notification as I logged into my Nutwest account, free Malwarebytes Premium for at least 1 year for personal and business accounts. Their facebook pages says up to 10 devices for personal and up to 30 devices for business although I can't see the business 30 limit mentioned on the Natwest site. Hope it helps someone.

I logged in and on the Security tab I am given a product code to unlock the software licence.
spannerzone06/05/2020 18:33

Not sure how long this has been available, just got a notification as I …Not sure how long this has been available, just got a notification as I logged into my Nutwest account, free Malwarebytes Premium for at least 1 year for personal and business accounts. Their facebook pages says up to 10 devices for personal and up to 30 devices for business although I can't see the business 30 limit mentioned on the Natwest site. Hope it helps someone.I logged in and on the Security tab I am given a product code to unlock the software licence.

Did your code work? I tried this morning and it didn't work.
RG3506/05/2020 18:35

Did your code work? I tried this morning and it didn't work.

no I don't use the product currently so haven't tried it yet.... what happened when you tried yours?
It's the same for RBS too, if you want to update the title.

I meant to look at this earlier, so thanks for the reminder
spannerzone06/05/2020 18:36

no I don't use the product currently so haven't tried it yet.... what …no I don't use the product currently so haven't tried it yet.... what happened when you tried yours?

Just said it wasn't valid. I gave up eventually and uninstalled it.

Edit: I've just revisited. When I first went to do this I needed to set up an account; that took me out of the Natwest portal. You need to enter your coupon code at my.malwarebytes.com/nat…est for it to work!
Edited by: "RG35" 6th May
Cenobite06/05/2020 18:36

It's the same for RBS too, if you want to update the title.I meant to look …It's the same for RBS too, if you want to update the title.I meant to look at this earlier, so thanks for the reminder

Thanks, I've added to title....
RG3506/05/2020 18:36

Just said it wasn't valid. I gave up eventually and uninstalled it.Edit: …Just said it wasn't valid. I gave up eventually and uninstalled it.Edit: I've just revisited. When I first went to do this I needed to set up an account; that took me out of the Natwest portal. You need to enter your coupon code at https://my.malwarebytes.com/natwest for it to work!

Thanks that's most helpful and I'll add to the original post.
Signed up for this a week or so ago
Is it with LLOYDS too as far as someone knows?
I was aware 5 months ago but was for limited customers now extended to all however can't replace a antivirus software and no safe money banking module
Anyone got a code?
Great thanks
Installing this stopped all of my browsers from connecting to any address. Restarting Firefox fails as it says it's already running. Task Manager can't close the running process. Disabling 'web protection' in Malwarebytes and then rebooting the computer fixes it.

Posting just in case anyone else has the same issue.

Edit - It's now bugging me to turn web protection back on. I think I'll just uninstall.

Edit 2 - You can stop it bugging you by going to settings - notifications - ''Alert me if any Real-Time Protection modules are turned off''.

Edit 3 - For anyone curious, this error is caused if you have another program installed that uses the Windows Filtering Platform. In my case this is Sophos. You aren't missing out on functionality by disabling web protection in Malwarebytes, as you already have that running with your other software, if you experience this conflict. .
Edited by: "bo0td" 7th May
thanxxx
anyone with a spare code ?
Greatly recieved and appreciated
Can't find it in my RBS app
Invalid license key, I've used Malwarebytes for a few years but recently switched to bitdefender. Thought I'd come back with premium being free but invalid key so I guess not. Thanks anyway.
Thanks mate it wouldn't work in the app need to login via desktop site.
I’m not with NatWest. Anyone want to share a code?
Just downloaded it. Expires in 755 days.
Any has a code?
Brilliant...working. I had a nasty bit of malware this week and having tried most free stuff including Avast....this was the only thing that worked.

Thanks OP
Hey! thanks for that OP.
About time the banks gave us something useful!
This is great. Malwarebytes are one of the best. Their free anti malware alone is enough to replace an antivirus for those who know what they are doing. Heat added!
I'd appreciate a code if anyone has one going spare
dave.richardsonskV06/05/2020 18:55

I was aware 5 months ago but was for limited customers now extended to all …I was aware 5 months ago but was for limited customers now extended to all however can't replace a antivirus software and no safe money banking module

It certainly CAN replace any antivirus. Maybe not in years gone by but it's been a fully featured program for some time now.
It's crap.
Frasr06/05/2020 19:31

Can't find it in my RBS app

Only work via IOS and not the app
Trying to activate on my phone. Despite malwarebytes installed on my phone, I keep getting the following message and it does not recognise the code when manually inputted, as different format to that provided by RBS. Any thoughts or help??

40660639-XbNz1.jpg
thanks
Great find
For some reason NatWest generate a 32 digit code and the app only accepts 20 digit code on Android. Will need to ring NatWest tomorrow as their online chat function was useless.
Mine worked
Thanks op for this, recently switched to NatWest, things just keep getting better and better, very impressed as I use the free version, regular protection be a nice addition. I've had premium in past but it hogged resources however I hear it's a bit better now a days
Abid681406/05/2020 20:39

For some reason NatWest generate a 32 digit code and the app only accepts …For some reason NatWest generate a 32 digit code and the app only accepts 20 digit code on Android. Will need to ring NatWest tomorrow as their online chat function was useless.

You need to click on the link in the original post and it will take you to a screen to register. Here, you enter the Natwest code and it will register your account with Malwarebytes, generating a 20 character code. This code is what you input into the app
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions