Save GameCentral

Not sure if anyone's aware but ITV are stopping teletext in January 2010.

GameCentral is a review/news/opinion section of teletext which is great.

I've bought many games which would have passed me by had it not been for this service, also it's quite a good laugh.

Please sign this petition to save the service

43 Comments

Gamecental is quality

Used to read it when couldnt fall asleep!!

Ive signed

Signed - used to love reading GC on the old teletext - back in the day, before this interweb thingy

lol I just posted a Save GameCentral thread on a gaming forum, then came here and got confused.

I love it - a great read with your breakfast or dinner.

Should contine in some sort of blog form hopefully.

Banned

its going

deal with it

Billie_Jean;5875001

its goingdeal with it

So did Jacko... Deal with it!

Banned

Flodd;5875237

im not signing a petition to bring him back to life am i

losers

sign it, can't hurt but I can't see anyone else picking it up. There is no money in it for Skytext (the only real possibility).

Banned

Billie_Jean;5875328

im not signing a petition to bring him back to life am ilosers

you know what i was just about to write the exact same thing! :thumbsup:

agree. its gone deal with it

Billie_Jean;5875328

You would if there was one

kapows;5875655

you know what i was just about to write the exact same thing! … you know what i was just about to write the exact same thing! :thumbsup:agree. its gone deal with it

Never fought for anything? Christ, no wonder this countrys in the state it is if people just accept whats handed down to them...

Banned

Flodd;5875673

You would if there was oneNever fought for anything? Christ, no wonder … You would if there was oneNever fought for anything? Christ, no wonder this countrys in the state it is if people just accept whats handed down to them...

most of us fight for things worth actually fighting for :-D which will be beneficial for the greater good :w00t:

some on the other hand :roll:...cant yet understand when theyre fighting a losing battle

here..a little snippet of information...analogue is being shut down :santa:

Teletext is in the past people it was made as a sort of internet before the internet and now that anoluge is dieing so i teletext so if you need to find out what games are coming out heres a step for a hint instead of signing a petition go onto a website like game.co.ukgamestation.co.ukplay.co.uk or even better watch the invisable wall on gametraliers.com

Banned

Flodd;5875237

LOL :thumbsup:

Banned

kapows;5875694

most of us fight for things worth actually fighting for which will be … most of us fight for things worth actually fighting for which will be beneficial for the greater good some on the other hand :roll:...cant yet understand when theyre fighting a losing battle :phere..a little snippet of information...analogue is being shut down :santa:

here..a little snippet of information...telextext is on freeview too :whistling:

Digitizer was good, Gamecentral is nothing compaired to what Digi was. If ITV are dropping Teletext, how can you save it? Where will it go?

Banned

DTR;5876102

Digitizer was good, Gamecentral is nothing compaired to what Digi was. … Digitizer was good, Gamecentral is nothing compaired to what Digi was. If ITV are dropping Teletext, how can you save it? Where will it go?

bbc, ch5, sky

Billie_Jean;5875328

is it because he is still alive? :?

Billie_Jean;5875328

maybe not but micheal is defo a loser now, hahaha well done

Original Poster

DrWeeden;5875709

Teletext is in the past people it was made as a sort of internet before … Teletext is in the past people it was made as a sort of internet before the internet and now that anoluge is dieing so i teletext so if you need to find out what games are coming out heres a step for a hint instead of signing a petition go onto a website like game.co.uk gamestation.co.uk play.co.uk or even better watch the invisable wall on gametraliers.com

you mean so the uneducated masses can buy more wii mini games and appaling movie tie-ins? forcing more and more good publishers to go under as no-one is buying their games. :whistling:

I wouldn't say any of those are impartial

Banned

sancho1983;5876726

you mean so the uneducated masses can buy more wii mini games and … you mean so the uneducated masses can buy more wii mini games and appaling movie tie-ins? forcing more and more good publishers to go under as no-one is buying their games. :whistling:I wouldn't say any of those are impartial

+1

that was a terrible list for game reviews

[url]www.metacritic.com[/url] ftw

Banned

Flodd;5875673

Never fought for anything? Christ, no wonder this countrys in the state … Never fought for anything? Christ, no wonder this countrys in the state it is if people just accept whats handed down to them...

lol fighting for something...i would rather fight for something a bit more important rather than a stupid page on teletext

grow up

Banned

Billie_Jean;5877985

lol fighting for something...i would rather fight for something a bit … lol fighting for something...i would rather fight for something a bit more important rather than a stupid page on teletextgrow up

wouldnt it have been easier to have signed the petition rather than trolling for an argument? :?

better still, just ignore this thread :whistling:

beat it!

Banned

csiman;5885422

wouldnt it have been easier to have signed the petition rather than … wouldnt it have been easier to have signed the petition rather than trolling for an argument? :?better still, just ignore this thread :whistling:beat it!

ooh looks like i have plucked a sensitive nerve

Banned

Billie_Jean;5887490

ooh looks like i have plucked a sensitive nerve

its The Way You Make Me Feel, my Bad

get back to your grieving lol

Banned

csiman;5888284

its The Way You Make Me Feel, my Badget back to your grieving lol

hmm never heard those ones before

and who said i was greaving... ur just trying to become popular on a forum by getting easy laughs with MJ jokes, just beacuse you have no friends in the REAL WORLD

Banned

sancho1983;5876726

you mean so the uneducated masses can buy more wii mini games and … you mean so the uneducated masses can buy more wii mini games and appaling movie tie-ins? forcing more and more good publishers to go under as no-one is buying their games. :whistling:I wouldn't say any of those are impartial

There are lots of games websites now that will kick the poo out of movie tie-ins and Wii games and guess what - they still sell.

'Uneducated masses' don't look on these websites and they never will.

Let teletext die - it's been replaced and there are better alternatives.

Banned

dregan;5888402

GameCentral can't be saved because the teletext service that supports it … GameCentral can't be saved because the teletext service that supports it will no longer exist. If people want to save it they'd need to pay the staff themselves, and I doubt any amount of petition signatures is going to magically turn into money.Besides, Digitiser was better Come back Mr Biffo, all is forgiven!News at ten: mentally ill paedophile dies

the petition is actually for the BBC/ ch5/ sky to pickup the gamecentral pages. Ceefax will still exist.

FilthAndFurry;5888411

Let teletext die - it's been replaced and there are better alternatives.

Not to eat your toast to...

Banned

Billie_Jean;5888363

hmm never heard those ones beforeand who said i was greaving... ur just … hmm never heard those ones beforeand who said i was greaving... ur just trying to become popular on a forum by getting easy laughs with MJ jokes, just beacuse you have no friends in the REAL WORLD

sez the weirdo who idolises a sexually depraved paedophile who you havent met! How very sad! :whistling:

Banned

I used to watch it before it was GameCentral... cant remember what it was called.

csiman;5888439

the petition is actually for the BBC/ ch5/ sky to pickup the gamecentral … the petition is actually for the BBC/ ch5/ sky to pickup the gamecentral pages. Ceefax will still exist.

Yeah I misread it. I don't think it will happen, but BBC picking it up would be great, though I can see the Mail now: "BBC FAT CATS SPEND YOUR MONEY ON MURDER SIMULATOR REVIEW"

Banned

Flodd;5888442

Yes, watching numbers cycle until they get to the info you want is infinitely better than having 4 news websites open and being able to see video and pictures.

:roll:

Banned

Digitiser was way better.

http://teletext.mb21.co.uk/gallery/TeletextLtd/teletext-itv-370-19930123-bg.jpg

FilthAndFurry;5888469

Yes, watching numbers cycle until they get to the info you want is … Yes, watching numbers cycle until they get to the info you want is infinitely better than having 4 news websites open and being able to see video and pictures.:roll:

It's been a long time since you looked at teletext hasn't it filth?

"Step away from the keyboard...."

Besides which, it's more about the content that the medium. I'd have thought such an educated man as yourself wouldn't have made that error... :whistling:

Banned

FilthAndFurry;5888469

Yes, watching numbers cycle until they get to the info you want is … Yes, watching numbers cycle until they get to the info you want is infinitely better than having 4 news websites open and being able to see video and pictures.:roll:

showing your age there. freeview telextext is practically instant.

vibeone;5888514

Digitiser was way better.

Digitiser was awful IMHO. Biffovision still writes for egde and he's still up his own areosol...

Banned

Flodd;5888442

+1

makes a good early morning read whilst eating brekkie in bed. Letters pages are amusing too as are the TV letters pages :thumbsup:

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;5888469

Hehe, you should check it out.

Freeview, ITV, 806. Like said above, it's pretty instant.

The wife gets annoyed when i use the laptop during the breaks to look things up but she doesn't mind me using teletext!!

This wasn't intended to start a flame war, just thought a few people might sign it. I've never signed a petition before in my life, but it would be good to show 'the powers that be' that people do actually read it.

My favourite is the comments part, it's nice to read ocmments about things that are moderated and balanced :whistling: :-D

I don't use any other sites that critique games fairly, can anybody recommend one?

Banned

Flodd;5888567

It's been a long time since you looked at teletext hasn't it filth?"Step … It's been a long time since you looked at teletext hasn't it filth?"Step away from the keyboard...."Besides which, it's more about the content that the medium. I'd have thought such an educated man as yourself wouldn't have made that error... :whistling:

Exactly - so why would I want old content? Websites update instantaneously rather than being updated daily.

Why would I want just one source when I can have multiple?

Why wouldn't I want images or videos?

Original Poster

I hardly think something like a game review would need to be updated in order to benefit from being 'instantaneous', it's a bit different to using teletext for weather or news, which i completely agree the internet should be used for
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764160
    2. Sad news about Barcelona24101
    3. Cat Chat73707
    4. How dangerous is Donald trump?2297

See more discussions