Save Money on Parkings

Posted 2nd Nov
Few months ago I came out of Heathrow and paid for my Parking and when I looked at the time it was just 4 mins over 2 hours. I realised that I could have saved some money if I had known the exact entrance time of my car in the car park. I would have come quickly before 2 hours and pay. So its just a suggestion that please always note the entrance time of your parking ticket and you would save a lot of money especially in airport parkings and Londons expensive car parks like westfield malls etc. Just a suggestion that would save some money.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Sometimes you cannot believe what you read on here.
Whenever I park my car at an airport I often find it cheaper to buy a new car rather than pay the extortionate parking fees especially at Manchester.
rimalpatel00702/11/2019 22:00

Use the clock from the car and set an alarm in your phone. No brainer

Synchronise both time-keeping devices with the ticket machine at the car park. Adjust for Daylight Savings Time. Ensure you leave a period of contingency in case the ticket machine has a queue. Make sure you have the correct change in advance. Do not pass go. Do not collect £200.
Doesn't everyone do this already?
Edited by: "jamie15" 2nd Nov
23 Comments
Edited by: "jamie15" 2nd Nov
Or get a 'proper' form of transport.
Sometimes you cannot believe what you read on here.
jamie1502/11/2019 21:26

Whenever I park at a Westfield Shopping Centre & then go to the airport I always note where I have parked my car; especially if returning months later.
rimalpatel00702/11/2019 22:00

Synchronise both time-keeping devices with the ticket machine at the car park. Adjust for Daylight Savings Time. Ensure you leave a period of contingency in case the ticket machine has a queue. Make sure you have the correct change in advance. Do not pass go. Do not collect £200.
Doesn't the ticket have the time you entered
MR112302/11/2019 22:06

Sorry...

38888501-marGF.jpg
Whenever I park my car at an airport I often find it cheaper to buy a new car rather than pay the extortionate parking fees especially at Manchester.
MR112302/11/2019 22:06

OP doesn't look at tickets until "Few months" after issue.
Also make sure you shut the drivers door before setting off! It saves expensive repair bills
Always salt your pasta while cooking.
redcantona02/11/2019 22:18

Whenever I park my car at an airport I often find it cheaper to buy a new …Whenever I park my car at an airport I often find it cheaper to buy a new car rather than pay the extortionate parking fees especially at Manchester.

Like it
Here's another tip, if your gas bill is high , turn down the thermostat. I know I'm in awe at my brilliance too
Another top tip when walking from point a to point b

Walk in as straight a line as possible to save time and energy
chocci03/11/2019 05:48

Another top tip when walking from point a to point bWalk in as straight a …Another top tip when walking from point a to point bWalk in as straight a line as possible to save time and energy

Well who walks sideways?
Misslovely03/11/2019 08:31

Well who walks sideways?

Crabs.

Not sure if it applies to those who have crabs too, I wouldn't know...
OP, @MAQ1991How to pay less even hack:-

You said, "I would have come quickly before 2 hours and pay."

Hack, instead of paying for 2 hours, you can come quickly before 1 hour and pay.
splender03/11/2019 23:33

OP, @MAQ1991 How to pay less even hack:-You said, "I would have come …OP, @MAQ1991 How to pay less even hack:-You said, "I would have come quickly before 2 hours and pay."Hack, instead of paying for 2 hours, you can come quickly before 1 hour and pay.

Or if parking in Westfield, use Smart Parking. That would have saved the OP 5 minutes of time which would mean they went under 2 hours parking and plus Smart Parking costs are reduced anyway.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants