Save your life and that of others.

Found 15th May 2009
Please find below an important message from the Ambulance service, please read this and pass on to anyone you know. Thank you.
Message from the Ambulance Service

We all carry our mobile phones with names & numbers stored in its memory. If we were to be involved in an accident or were taken ill, the people attending us would have our mobile phone but wouldn't know who to call. Yes, there are hundreds of numbers stored but which one is the contact person in case of an emergency? Hence this 'ICE' (In Case of Emergency) Campaign.
The concept of 'ICE' is catching on quickly. It is a method of contact during emergency situations. As mobile phones are carried by the majority of the population, all you need to do is store the number of a contact person or persons who should be contacted during emergency under the name 'ICE' ( In Case Of Emergency). The idea was thought up by a
paramedic who found that when he went to the scenes of accidents there were always mobile phones with patients but they didn't know which number to call.

He therefore thought that it would be a good idea if there was a nationally recognised name for this purpose.
In an emergency situation, Emergency Service personnel and hospital staff would be able to quickly contact the right person by simply dialling the number you have stored as 'ICE'.
Please forward this.

It won't take too many 'forwards' before everybody will know about this. It really could save your life, or put a loved one's mind at rest.
For more than one contact name simply enter ICE1, ICE2 and ICE3 etc

PLEASE PASS THIS AROUND AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE AS THIS CAN HELP IN AN EMERGENCY

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
13 Comments

SUPERB idea

i had that in my phone for ages but never had an accident.......

I had this email from a friend about 18 months ago and have had ICE's in my phone ever since, I think it's a great idea.

I mentioned the ICE scheme in a thread last year - people weren't impressed. Good luck Rizla....
hotukdeals.com/ite…e-/

Banned

been doing this for years, great idea.

ive had this in my phone for ages its a shame not everybody did this the only reason for this is when we lost my nan the ambulance people rang the first number on the phone and this was a friend of my nans because their name began with an a then friend rang us later to tell us my nan had been taken ill while out

Heard bout it AGES ago but never got round to it ... until now, thanks

gari189;5221283

I mentioned the ICE scheme in a thread last year - people weren't … I mentioned the ICE scheme in a thread last year - people weren't impressed. Good luck Rizla....http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/131920/things-you-should-know-your-mobile-/

From that post

3) Hidden Battery power (Nokia handsets only)Imagine your cell battery is … 3) Hidden Battery power (Nokia handsets only)Imagine your cell battery is very low, you are expecting an important call and you don't have a charger. Nokia handsets comes with a reserve battery. To activate this, press the keys *3370# Your cell will restartwith this reserve and the handset will show a 50% increase in battery life. This reserve will get charged the next time you charge your mobile

This will eat up your battery quicker as this switches On EFR ..Enhanced Full Rate * turns on feature *# checks status of feature and #turns off feature..please do not do *3370# when you have low battery, it might kill you.

Turn on half rate codec to maybe reduce battery useage on Nokia phones that still use this *4720#

The ICE idea is a good one

Bit pointless if you have a pin code on your simcard and a lock code on your phone!

Original Poster

dontasciime;5221550

From that postThis will eat up your battery quicker as this switches On … From that postThis will eat up your battery quicker as this switches On EFR ..Enhanced Full Rate * turns on feature *# checks status of feature and #turns off feature..please do not do *3370# when you have low battery, it might kill you.Turn on half rate codec to maybe reduce battery useage on Nokia phones that still use this *4720#The ICE idea is a good one

[SIZE=5][COLOR=red]Hoax[/COLOR][/SIZE]
*3370# This Nokia code activates Enhanced Full Rate Codec (EFR) - Your Nokia cell phone uses the best sound quality but talk time is reduced my approx. 5%
#3370# Deactivate Enhanced Full Rate Codec (EFR)
Check your Nokia manual, should be in there somewhere.

Myth
]programmerworld.net/...…php

*#4720# Activate Half Rate Codec - Your phone uses a lower quality sound but you should gain approx 30% more Talk Time.
*#4720# With this Nokia code you can deactivate the Half Rate Codec.

rizla01;5222355

[SIZE=5][COLOR=red]Hoax[/COLOR][/SIZE]*3370# This Nokia code activates … [SIZE=5][COLOR=red]Hoax[/COLOR][/SIZE]*3370# This Nokia code activates Enhanced Full Rate Codec (EFR) - Your Nokia cell phone uses the best sound quality but talk time is reduced my approx. 5%#3370# Deactivate Enhanced Full Rate Codec (EFR)Check your Nokia manual, should be in there somewhere.Myth]www.programmerworld.net/.../nokia_codes.php*#4720# Activate Half Rate Codec - Your phone uses a lower quality sound but you should gain approx 30% more Talk Time.*#4720# With this Nokia code you can deactivate the Half Rate Codec.

And ?

i think this is great, and never thought about this before thanks

Thanks - rep'd
Post a comment
@
    Text