Groups

Saving my Firefox browser settings when re-installing Vista

Hi guys

I need to re-install Vista as my system files have become corrupt and updates are failing, I have my installation disc now and am ready to bite the bullet, anyhow I cannot find precise info about keeping my firefox settings, favourites etc etc as they are, via google.

Will I lose all my downloaded apps i.e, anti-virus, spyware, etc etc.

I have put all my music, photos and personal stuff on a flash drive.

Thanks Tony.

11 Comments

Foxmarks (Now called Xmarks) ?

Banned

Backup c:\users//appdata/roaming/mozilla/

after reinstall, install firefox, then delete the folder it creastes, and copy your backup into same directory.

mozbackup mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

works a treat been using it for a while now and it does the job well

Use 'opera' 10.50 "The fastest browser on earth"
    opera.com/bro…xt/
    then export the setting from firefox to opera then save your opera settings somewhere lol

Chuckles1001;7832627

Use 'opera' 10.50 "The fastest browser on … Use 'opera' 10.50 "The fastest browser on earth"http://www.opera.com/browser/next/then export the setting from firefox to opera then save your opera settings somewhere lol

If only firefox extensions worked in opera, firefox is getting buggy and hungry of late, but I need firefox as it runs the moderation plugin I use for freecycle. Without that it takes a lot longer to do my stuff as all cross checking has to be done manually.

Another showstopper is Roboform will not work with opera either.

harlzter;7833034

If only firefox extensions worked in opera, firefox is getting buggy and … If only firefox extensions worked in opera, firefox is getting buggy and hungry of late, but I need firefox as it runs the moderation plugin I use for freecycle. Without that it takes a lot longer to do my stuff as all cross checking has to be done manually.Another showstopper is Roboform will not work with opera either.

dohhh, thats one thing but you can get plugins for it, and you could use the wand instead of roboform for some of it

Chuckles1001;7835254

dohhh, thats one thing but you can get plugins for it, and you could use … dohhh, thats one thing but you can get plugins for it, and you could use the wand instead of roboform for some of it

Trouble is I have around 200 logins/passcards saved in roboform!

Banned

harlzter;7835730

Trouble is I have around 200 logins/passcards saved in roboform!

if you are a registered roboform online user (goodsync), then you can use roboform with opera

online.roboform.com/boo…let

Banned

Chuckles1001;7835254

dohhh, thats one thing but you can get plugins for it, and you could use … dohhh, thats one thing but you can get plugins for it, and you could use the wand instead of roboform for some of it

Dude...

Opera Mini - great browser
    Opera - Absolute crap.

Sorry to break it to you, but its scientific fact.

vibeone;7835960

Dude...Opera Mini - great browserOpera - Absolute crap.Sorry to break it … Dude...Opera Mini - great browserOpera - Absolute crap.Sorry to break it to you, but its scientific fact.

Sorry to break it to you but your wrong, but as you never listen in any threads i know you wont come out with a great argument so i expect you to just bring this thread down, so i wont check again lol

Banned

Chuckles1001;7839063

Sorry to break it to you but your wrong, but as you never listen in any … Sorry to break it to you but your wrong, but as you never listen in any threads i know you wont come out with a great argument so i expect you to just bring this thread down, so i wont check again lol

Sorry to break it to you, but I'm not wrong.

Also, Opera are a bunch of whiney nobheads who cry to the EU (and others) because their browser is even worse than IE

Order:

Chrome
    Firefox IE
    Safari
    Opera
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?963005
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846253
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2951
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?34201

See more discussions