Savings on your service bills!

Found 26th Feb
Not a deal as such but defiantly worth doing if you don’t mind spending a while on the phone!

Decided to try and reduce some bills, simply by saying Money was tight and I wanted to reduce the price but I wanted to keep my service the same.

Made a few savings as follows

Water company was £10.80 a week now £5 a week (low income family saving)
BT was paying £49pm for unlimited internet, line rental and calls, now paying £32
Sky was paying £32 for entertainment + kids pack now paying £14
EE I have 2 contracts £80pm (£40 each), both reduced by £10 for 6 months so saving £20

Tv licence were not interested in helping neither were British Gas for our energy supply. Also I called EE twice as the first operator was not interested but the second was much more helpful.

So I was paying £204.20 a month for these services and I’m now paying £126 so a saving of almost £80 a month.

Obviously this is going to very massively depending on area, supplier, financial circumstances, the operator and how helpful they are, but it’s worth doing.
Community Updates
Misc
21 Comments
Thanks @townendmatthew , as this is 'not a deal as such', abeit good info, I've moved this to Misc
Do the energy switch check as a priority (you could easily save £50 a month on that alone) .
rogparki25 m ago

Do the energy switch check as a priority (you could easily save £50 a …Do the energy switch check as a priority (you could easily save £50 a month on that alone) .

Iv not long renewed energy suppliers hence why they weren’t interested in my call. But I did save when I changed.
andywedge26 m ago

Thanks @townendmatthew , as this is 'not a deal as such', abeit good info, …Thanks @townendmatthew , as this is 'not a deal as such', abeit good info, I've moved this to Misc

Thanks, thought it might get moved as wasn’t sure where to put it
Whats this about rater rates? Any links for info
Woah well done!
can you you tell me more about sky? Are you in or out of a contract with them, do you have a new or older box any any other details. I don't have sky but my friend does and I'm sure she pays about £35 a month. It was nearly £50 last year n she rang and got it reduced to £35 ish, That was about 6 months ago. So if u can tell me more details on yours I'll pass on the info to my friend
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 26th Feb
"BT was paying £49pm for unlimited internet, line rental and calls, now paying £32
Sky was paying £32 for entertainment + kids pack now paying £14
EE I have 2 contracts £80pm (£40 each), both reduced by £10 for 6 months so saving £20"

"(low income family saving)"

Found your problem there, maybe cancel it all, get a freeview box, 50mb internet and stick to your mobiles and cancel your landline.
catbeans12 m ago

"BT was paying £49pm for unlimited internet, line rental and calls, now …"BT was paying £49pm for unlimited internet, line rental and calls, now paying £32Sky was paying £32 for entertainment + kids pack now paying £14EE I have 2 contracts £80pm (£40 each), both reduced by £10 for 6 months so saving £20""(low income family saving)"Found your problem there, maybe cancel it all, get a freeview box, 50mb internet and stick to your mobiles and cancel your landline.

Can only agree 2x £40 a month EE contracts = top of the range mobile phones , low income family ? Doubt you can cancel them now and get a "normal " mobile phone , but surely a lesson for the future ? No one "needs " a top of the range phone
.MUFC.2 h, 5 m ago

Assuming watersure scheme

No meters here, oh well
catbeans1 h, 23 m ago

"BT was paying £49pm for unlimited internet, line rental and calls, now …"BT was paying £49pm for unlimited internet, line rental and calls, now paying £32Sky was paying £32 for entertainment + kids pack now paying £14EE I have 2 contracts £80pm (£40 each), both reduced by £10 for 6 months so saving £20""(low income family saving)"Found your problem there, maybe cancel it all, get a freeview box, 50mb internet and stick to your mobiles and cancel your landline.

So no internet then, just mobile data for a whole family? Wow, genius.
Segata-Sanshiro3 m ago

No meters here, oh well

That sucks, Could you not apply for one or do you think you'd use more than you would save?. Hopefully there are other schemes that might help.
.MUFC.2 m ago

That sucks, Could you not apply for one or do you think you'd use more …That sucks, Could you not apply for one or do you think you'd use more than you would save?. Hopefully there are other schemes that might help.

Unlikely no ones really sure how the building is anyway as far as the water pipes go.
LeahsMintytoutou1 h, 51 m ago

Woah well done! can you you tell me more about sky? Are you in or out …Woah well done! can you you tell me more about sky? Are you in or out of a contract with them, do you have a new or older box any any other details. I don't have sky but my friend does and I'm sure she pays about £35 a month. It was nearly £50 last year n she rang and got it reduced to £35 ish, That was about 6 months ago. So if u can tell me more details on yours I'll pass on the info to my friend

I’m in contract my box and dish are both out of warranty though, it’s a normal HD box,
catbeans1 h, 32 m ago

Why if we use it all? Just trying to get the best deal out there and why not.
Yes it’s the water sure scheme, although you can get discount if someone you live with has a disability. We’re not on a meter
MSK.26 m ago

So no internet then, just mobile data for a whole family? Wow, genius.

50mb speed internet
Edited by: "catbeans" 26th Feb
catbeans2 m ago

50mb speed internet

Out of the ether, or are you assuming everyone has access to Virgin?
MSK.4 m ago

Out of the ether, or are you assuming everyone has access to Virgin?

Jeez calm down.
catbeans5 m ago

Jeez calm down.

LOL, I don't know what gave you the impression I'm not calm. It just didn't really make sense.

If someone has Sky and are looking to save money, they probably can't get Virgin. If you cut off their landline, they have no internet, which probably saves more money than everything else put togeher.
LeahsMintytoutou2 h, 24 m ago

Woah well done! can you you tell me more about sky? Are you in or out …Woah well done! can you you tell me more about sky? Are you in or out of a contract with them, do you have a new or older box any any other details. I don't have sky but my friend does and I'm sure she pays about £35 a month. It was nearly £50 last year n she rang and got it reduced to £35 ish, That was about 6 months ago. So if u can tell me more details on yours I'll pass on the info to my friend

Best to check here, discounts are getting more difficult but cancel and you can get 60% off once cancellation goes through 50% before should be obtainable.

hotukdeals.com/dis…671
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions