Groups

Saw a glider in the air today, what the hell!?

Banned
    How do they land in field full of snow? I can't see them gliding to a non snowed in air field in this weather. He launched from a snow filled air field.

7 Comments

Maybe they ploughed the landing strip?

Original Poster Banned

Jo3l;4313450

Maybe they ploughed the landing strip?

no I checked as I drove past, I've got a glider lesson voucher waiting to be used I imagine would be gorgeous going up there at the moment but wouldn't fancy the landing.

Well I presume theres a clear patch of land, else it wouldnt have taken off.

Original Poster Banned

Jo3l;4313466

Well I presume theres a clear patch of land, else it wouldnt have taken … Well I presume theres a clear patch of land, else it wouldnt have taken off.

Not an inch unless he's planning on landing on a frequently used road next to the air field :thinking:

Strangely enough our local radio station was talking to someone from a gliding club. The main problem with snow is more to do with getting them up - if its the wrong "type" of snow it drags the glider and stops it taking off. Whereas if its the right type of snow then they can take off and land okay......

They are incredibly light as well. Probably dont leave much of a footprint in the snow.

some lovely snowy views i guess.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What is there free to do in your town?914
      2. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?1117
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2881007
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416814131

See more discussions