Groups

Saw Avartar 3D last night and loved it.

just thought i would tell anyone who has the option of seeing either 3D or normal to go see 3D. I wasnt sure, i didnt want to wear glasses for 2.5 hrs and have a head ache and only chose 3D becuase the kids wanted to see it.
    Thank goodness they did, It was brilliant. The 3D has come a long way in the last few years and the effects were stunning. The glasses were alot better quality as well.
    My only gripe was we were charged £2 more each for the 3D but now that I have seen it cant grumble and would have paid double.
    If you cant see 3D go anyway the film I think is fabulous. Great ideas, scenery, characters. I loved it from start to finish. My partner gave it a 10 as well. The boys are aged 13 and 10. I thought it would be a bit long for the 10 year old to sit and watch but everyone said best ever film they have seen. Makes you wonder what could be better.

9 Comments

So did I. Good film but a little too long imo.

And the glasses made my conk hurt.

thx been meaning to take my boy to the ciema.

didnt like it myself, ending was good though, saw it 3d too.

heard loads of great reviews of this in 3d, v tempted even though the trailer hadnt appealled to me.

Going to see it at the IMAX tomorrow, rather looking forward to it.

yep went with like 9 mates, after school yesterday, 3.30 to like 6 was rediculously long, but worth seeing in 3D, wished for a bit more like flying objects towards the viewer, bit of a fright kinda thing, like in other 3Ds (flying daggars/ bullets etc) but yeh, not sure about the alien sex half way through, when they mounted each other lol, but a decent movie, thought it needed a bit more action myself, coz it got a bit soppy after a while (guess thats because im 17 tho lol). for £380Million, not a bad job at all i thought, nice story line, even if it was a bit predictable in some cases

Original Poster

teshnit;7278026

yep went with like 9 mates, after school yesterday, 3.30 to like 6 was … yep went with like 9 mates, after school yesterday, 3.30 to like 6 was rediculously long, but worth seeing in 3D, wished for a bit more like flying objects towards the viewer, bit of a fright kinda thing, like in other 3Ds (flying daggars/ bullets etc) but yeh, not sure about the alien sex half way through, when they mounted each other lol, but a decent movie, thought it needed a bit more action myself, coz it got a bit soppy after a while (guess thats because im 17 tho lol). for £380Million, not a bad job at all i thought, nice story line, even if it was a bit predictable in some cases

funnily enough we all said we liked it because the 3D wasnt so much used as sort of scare tactics. Yes i can see men might want a bit more action although there was a lot in it but as a woman i loved the soppy stuff as well. Glad you liked it.

Its interesting from all the comments that there are differing opinions about this as i would give it 10 out of 10 but it takes all sorts.

Original Poster

Goonieman;7277956

Going to see it at the IMAX tomorrow, rather looking forward to it.

let me know what you thought of it on imax.

It was stunning, really enjoyed it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1532
      2. Dashcam question512
      3. Battery drain on iOS 111214
      4. Which Kodi Add-ons?1111

See more discussions