Groups

Saying Thank-You to the NHS

I wanted to start a thread to say a huge thank-you to NHS staff who have helped me a couple of times recently. Also to allow others who may have had similar experiences to say thanks. If this also has the effect of allaying some members fears of hospitals then another good thing will be achieved

28 Comments

Original Poster

Last week I was transferred to hospital with suspected heart problems. Not something I really believed was happening but the symptoms seemed to fit. I want to say that the care I recieved from the ambulance staff and those in A&E was excellent. When I was later admitted the care I recieved on the ward was admirable throughout from the nursing and other support staff. I could probably attain the title of the most needle phobic member on these boards but the hospital dealt with my phobia really well.

I have seen at first hand the new heart treatments talked about on the news
    news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm
    and seen paitients following these treatments and going home days later. From within the confines of a ward its seen as routine almost akin to a dental procedure. Patient has a camera inserted into an artery from either the groin or the arm and if damage is located steps are taken to repair immediately. There are alternative procedures but angioplasty allows for an immediate repair should it be required.

Because of my needle phobia I did not opt for angioplasty as I didnt think I could control my fear for the duration of the procedure and was checked by other means. If there is anyone who is due for a procedure please dont worry. I was amazed at what was being done and its all so routine. And for those who have mentioned fear of the scanners they are ok. Staff are quite cluded up and will give sedatives or something to calm you if required.

I want to say a huge Thank-you to any NHS staff who use these boards as you were there when needed. Maybe others who have similar tales could use this thread to do the same. I have also been made aware just why hospitals provide so much material for comedies and dramas cos its all happening there.

why dont u just write to them and say thanks? rofl at putting it on here :thumbsup:

The NHS sucks. the staff however do the best they can and some are lovely. I have a clumsy daughter and have had many trips to A&E over the years. never had a bad experience with any staff.

Original Poster

I can answer that easily. I am sitting at my pc at the moment and its easy. There have been many posts with people expressing fears of procedures that they might have to undergo. I have a fear of hospitals and the care was excellent. If that is a help to anyone surely its is just as worthwhile a post as others

WoolyM;3238406

I can answer that easily. I am sitting at my pc at the moment and its … I can answer that easily. I am sitting at my pc at the moment and its easy. There have been many posts with people expressing fears of procedures that they might have to undergo. I have a fear of hospitals and the care was excellent. If that is a help to anyone surely its is just as worthwhile a post as others

i agree with you. this is the MISC section and people can and do talk about all sorts, if someone can ask what to have for dinner, you can give an opinion on your experiences with the NHS.

:thumbsup:

WoolyM;3238406

I can answer that easily. I am sitting at my pc at the moment and its … I can answer that easily. I am sitting at my pc at the moment and its easy. There have been many posts with people expressing fears of procedures that they might have to undergo. I have a fear of hospitals and the care was excellent. If that is a help to anyone surely its is just as worthwhile a post as others

u stick what u want on here its "misc" i wasnt wanting u to feel like u had to defend ur thread, just sayin i think it wud b better if u wrote to the hospital and named the ppl who helped u, my dad was in hospital for months after breaking his back, and wrote them a letter of thanks, they had it framed and put up on the ward, really means alot to them to get recognition for the work they do...just a thought :thumbsup:

Original Poster

acecatcher3;3238468

just sayin i think it wud b better if u wrote to the hospital and named … just sayin i think it wud b better if u wrote to the hospital and named the ppl who helped u, my dad was in hospital for months after breaking his back, and wrote them a letter of thanks, they had it framed and put up on the ward, really means alot to them go get recognition for the work they do...just a thought :thumbsup:

Yes you may well be right . I was not sure of the best way to go about it. Bearing in mind there were several teams that all played a part. No offence taken;-)

WoolyM;3238517

Yes you may well be right . I was not sure of the best way to go about … Yes you may well be right . I was not sure of the best way to go about it. Bearing in mind there were several teams that all played a part. No offence taken;-)

They have an intranet, so you could contact them and place a thank you on their bulletin board,

I had an operation on my toe over 8 months ago.
    Got an appoimtment to see the surgeon again 6 months ago.
    They cancelled that appointment, finally got to see him last week.My toe is killing me, it throbs and aches all the time.
    He said the opp was a sucsess, but I may be in pain for another 6-7 years.
    I soposse they have done their things for quatos, Hey ho ****** the poor the patients. Its costing me a fortune for pain killers.

Banned

Thank you to the NHS for delivering me safely in 1974 :thumbsup:

Have to say I dislike hospitals and being ill, in fact I'm one of those women who is never ill, until recently, and to fair I have been treated really well and the nurses and doctors have been so supportive and good, so hats off to all the NHS workers, you really do deserve credit where credit is due.

I would oh so love to thank the loving and kind nurse who laughed at me whilst in tears 2 hours before my heart operation! So so very nice of her. I'd also like to thank the NHS for giving me an MRI scan before my operation. Ha!
    Also, the lovely nurse who decided to spill water all over the floor in my cubicle and not clean it up.
    Along with the nurse (the first nurse) who didn't take the line out of me for over 2 hours after she should have done.
    So, yes thank you oh so very much nurses and the NHS! I hope they feel proud.
    Rant over!.... I just hope the OP doesn't have the same treatment as I did. =)

Original Poster

@yimmie

I may know the hospital you refer to and I guess that hospital could have provided me with a different perspective. I know that I was maybe unfairly, but really pleasantly surprised with what I found. I guess thats another reason to praise the good to hope that standards are raised overall. Theres also the point though that the patient is bound to have raised emmotions at this time due to stress so any incident that may otherwise be overlooked or minimised is potentially exagerated in its effects. I am not saying that you are exagerating just that stressfull situations can be explosive.

acecatcher3;3238366

why dont u just write to them and say thanks? rofl at putting it on here … why dont u just write to them and say thanks? rofl at putting it on here :thumbsup:

maybe laziness who knows? bet theyd appreciate a card better than a message in the misc haha

Original Poster

kungfu;3239313

maybe laziness who knows? bet theyd appreciate a card better than a … maybe laziness who knows? bet theyd appreciate a card better than a message in the misc haha

Dya know wot. There are some members on this forum who are helpful and others who post put downs. Choc suggested using the intranet bulletin board. I was unaware of this. I have not yet found where I as a member of the public may be able to post thanks but if I do I will use this option. I did ask about an email address option during my discharge but no info was made available. I am not firing properly on all cylinders at the moment so I am not planning on racing around buying cards right now although that is an option for later if I dont leave it too long.

Sometimes it is worthy being a little more than a smart alec

WoolyM;3239419

Dya know wot. There are some members on this forum who are helpful and … Dya know wot. There are some members on this forum who are helpful and others who post put downs. Choc suggested using the intranet bulletin board. I was unaware of this. I have not yet found where I as a member of the public may be able to post thanks but if I do I will use this option. I did ask about an email address option during my discharge but no info was made available. I am not firing properly on all cylinders at the moment so I am not planning on racing around buying cards right now although that is an option for later if I dont leave it too long.Sometimes it is worthy being a little more than a smart alec

e-card to the hospital email address?

acecatcher3;3238366

why dont u just write to them and say thanks? rofl at putting it on here … why dont u just write to them and say thanks? rofl at putting it on here :thumbsup:

This thread is better than 99% of the tosh on here like playing games and people sat in their stained Y-Fronts flirting with god knows what or trying to play the big man/girl.

Syzable;3239454

This thread is better than 99% of the tosh on here like playing games and … This thread is better than 99% of the tosh on here like playing games and people sat in their stained Y-Fronts flirting with god knows what or trying to play the big man/girl.

i lol'ed and agree

Syzable;3239454

This thread is better than 99% of the tosh on here like playing games and … This thread is better than 99% of the tosh on here like playing games and people sat in their stained Y-Fronts flirting with god knows what or trying to play the big man/girl.

What you trying to say! :w00t::p
    http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/944/mspigur0.gif

cuzzy;3239513

What you trying to say! :w00t::p]

Just the usual. :-D I'm sure i'll have the crowd banging down my PM box in disgust later. :lol:

Original Poster

@ KungFu. Although you bang you chest lots I think as with gorillas much is for show.
    There comes a point however when you realise it is unneccessary.

If you do have a link I could use maybe you could attempt to pass the info which would be of use both to me and others who actually would like to send a message of thanks. Maybe a more helpful forum member may have similar lol'd :-D

Syzable;3239530

Just the usual. :-D I'm sure i'll have the crowd banging down my PM box … Just the usual. :-D I'm sure i'll have the crowd banging down my PM box in disgust later. :lol:

Maybe they'll just flirt with you instead....:thumbsup:

I thank the NHS every month for paying my wages.

WoolyM;3239249

@yimmieI may know the hospital you refer to and I guess that hospital … @yimmieI may know the hospital you refer to and I guess that hospital could have provided me with a different perspective. I know that I was maybe unfairly, but really pleasantly surprised with what I found. I guess thats another reason to praise the good to hope that standards are raised overall. Theres also the point though that the patient is bound to have raised emmotions at this time due to stress so any incident that may otherwise be overlooked or minimised is potentially exagerated in its effects. I am not saying that you are exagerating just that stressfull situations can be explosive.

where is the hospital you think i might be referring to? The one in question is supposed to be one of the best around... :thinking:

Original Poster

yimmie;3239848

where is the hospital you think i might be referring to? The one in … where is the hospital you think i might be referring to? The one in question is supposed to be one of the best around... :thinking:

I was thinking that with the spurs link as your avi maybe North Midd. It was an assumption on my part but may be wildly off course.

WoolyM;3239551

@ KungFu. Although you bang you chest lots I think as with gorillas much … @ KungFu. Although you bang you chest lots I think as with gorillas much is for show. There comes a point however when you realise it is unneccessary.If you do have a link I could use maybe you could attempt to pass the info which would be of use both to me and others who actually would like to send a message of thanks. Maybe a more helpful forum member may have similar lol'd :-D

lol lighten up was only messing about , i gave you a good suggestion also....just put the hospital name into google and get the email :thumbsup:

Original Poster

I have sent a email to an Nhs link but not sure if this will make it through to staff level. This is relevant as so much is taken into account at appraisal time and I would like professionalism to be noted. Thanks choc for the suggestion

Original Poster

kungfu;3239974

lol lighten up was only messing about , i gave you a good suggestion … lol lighten up was only messing about , i gave you a good suggestion also....just put the hospital name into google and get the email :thumbsup:

No probs. I might ignore for a while but dont bear grudges these days. Logging off now. Just didnt want to leave any unnecessary bad feeling. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card66
      2. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine54
      3. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…88
      4. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO22

See more discussions