Says my Zelda: Breath of the Wild Limited Edition is coming March 4th, not 3rd, any ideas why (on Amazon)

28 Comments

I have the same issue. It was originally the 7th March as I picked standard delivery, but they upgraded it for me and it's still not the 3rd

Original Poster

Quikfinder

I have the same issue. It was originally the 7th March as I picked … I have the same issue. It was originally the 7th March as I picked standard delivery, but they upgraded it for me and it's still not the 3rd

Did you order straight away? did they say why its not the 3rd?

ElectroDragon8

Did you order straight away? did they say why its not the 3rd?

They did say something about the game being high in demand in terms of orders received. I ordered as soon as you posted the Limited edition deal, sold out pretty quick xD

Original Poster

Quikfinder

They did say something about the game being high in demand in terms of … They did say something about the game being high in demand in terms of orders received. I ordered as soon as you posted the Limited edition deal, sold out pretty quick xD

Are you gonna cancel? Argos have it in stock but I prefer Amazon

My only thought is, do you have Prime? If not, that might be the issue. My (backup) pre-order of the console itself is similarly showing as due for delivery on 4 March.

Original Poster

Illusionary

My only thought is, do you have Prime? If not, that might be the issue. … My only thought is, do you have Prime? If not, that might be the issue. My (backup) pre-order of the console itself is similarly showing as due for delivery on 4 March.

Yep, have Prime, my console shows March 3rd.

ElectroDragon8

Yep, have Prime, my console shows March 3rd.

I've no idea then, sorry.

Perhaps try their customer services if you're concerned?

Illusionary

I've no idea then, sorry.Perhaps try their customer services if you're … I've no idea then, sorry.Perhaps try their customer services if you're concerned?

You would think that would be the first port of call...

Original Poster

RossD89

You would think that would be the first port of call...

Already tried that. They just said they can update the priority on my order, but still the date hasn't changed.

ElectroDragon8

Are you gonna cancel? Argos have it in stock but I prefer Amazon

I'm okay to wait another day, as I got the Amazon gift cards cheaper :-)

Geez. You can't wait another day?#firstworldproblems

mtuk1

Geez. You can't wait another day?#firstworldproblems

It's a big deal you know!

I think special edition is 4th and normal 3rd. Even though they should be same day.

Mine is also showing the 4th and I ordered within minutes of it going live, so

Mine also says the 4th, i ordered the moment it went live. Id assume it'll probably will come on the 3rd but they are just making sure they can get them out in time. Covering their own backs. Still I'll be at work on Friday so the 4th is much more convenient for me, so I'd be happier with the Saturday.

Hx3KinG

Mine is also showing the 4th and I ordered within minutes of it going … Mine is also showing the 4th and I ordered within minutes of it going live, so

If you ordered when the OP posted the £79.99 deal then you ordered 3 days later than when Amazon released the pre order. I ordered on the 13th at £89.99 and mine is showing the the 3rd as delivery. I'm not even prime but unfortunately the console is showing delivery for the 4th lol.

What are Amazon like with delivering games on day of release? I pre-order the Wii-U version on TheGameCollection last night because i know, from past experiences, that i will get the game on day of release, possibly a little earlier.

They've done similar with my console, said 3rd march then moved to 9th

robertsammons

They've done similar with my console, said 3rd march then moved to 9th

Amazon have gone massively downhill lately. Their customer service is now shocking. They basically do whatever they want now. I only ordered through them as they are good at actually delivering things. But I'm having a hard time getting them to honour their own pre order price guarantee at the moment on this...

JohnnyRoller

If you ordered when the OP posted the £79.99 deal then you ordered 3 days … If you ordered when the OP posted the £79.99 deal then you ordered 3 days later than when Amazon released the pre order. I ordered on the 13th at £89.99 and mine is showing the the 3rd as delivery. I'm not even prime but unfortunately the console is showing delivery for the 4th lol.

No, I ordered it within minutes of it being listed - like I said in my post, lol.

What annoys me most though, is that they still haven't lowered my preorder of it to £79.99, from £89.99.
I've spoken with them twice about this and they said I will get charged the lower amount when it gets dispatched soon, I was like, it's out in march and prices fluctuate all the time - so just please correct my price in accordingly to your policy... "we're unable to pricematch"

JohnnyRoller

Amazon have gone massively downhill lately. Their customer service is now … Amazon have gone massively downhill lately. Their customer service is now shocking. They basically do whatever they want now. I only ordered through them as they are good at actually delivering things. But I'm having a hard time getting them to honour their own pre order price guarantee at the moment on this...

Yup this issue where my date moved is currently being "escalated" which I think means we don't want to speak to you anymore

Hx3KinG

What annoys me most though, is that they still haven't lowered my … What annoys me most though, is that they still haven't lowered my preorder of it to £79.99, from £89.99.I've spoken with them twice about this and they said I will get charged the lower amount when it gets dispatched soon, I was like, it's out in march and prices fluctuate all the time - so just please correct my price in accordingly to your policy... "we're unable to pricematch"

What often happens is it'll charge out at full price then you get refund at lowest price, I had that happen with blu-ray

Hx3KinG

What annoys me most though, is that they still haven't lowered my … What annoys me most though, is that they still haven't lowered my preorder of it to £79.99, from £89.99.I've spoken with them twice about this and they said I will get charged the lower amount when it gets dispatched soon, I was like, it's out in march and prices fluctuate all the time - so just please correct my price in accordingly to your policy... "we're unable to pricematch"

Hx3KinG

In their terms it says the price should be reduced within 24 hours on the order summary after the price has dropped. This hasn't happened as the product went out of stock too fast. Explaining that to the customer services is like explaining the science behind the entire universe.

JohnnyRoller

In their terms it says the price should be reduced within 24 hours on the … In their terms it says the price should be reduced within 24 hours on the order summary after the price has dropped. This hasn't happened as the product went out of stock too fast. Explaining that to the customer services is like explaining the science behind the entire universe.

Bloody feels that way lol

I just ordered another copy from Amazon. Originally it said 3rd but then I had an email saying it's been changed to the 4th.

Original Poster

scottay2hottay

I just ordered another copy from Amazon. Originally it said 3rd but then … I just ordered another copy from Amazon. Originally it said 3rd but then I had an email saying it's been changed to the 4th.

Mines the 3rd now, they have put the item up to £90 now

So, ordered the game from Amazon on the 31st of January, got an email on the 9th of February telling me they will deliver it on the 3rd of March instead of the 7th.

I checked my account and this was moved again to the 7th!. I rang customer services and they couldn't explain why, no idea of what was going on so I demanded to speak to someone in charge, same answer and could only apologise.

The only thing I asked for was an email telling me about the change on the delivery date, if I knew this I would have got the game elsewhere.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I ordered this game on the 31st of January, I did this as I trust Amazon with availability regarding new releases. All went well and I even had an email on the 9th of February saying that the game would be delivered on the 3rd of March, its release date.

With surprise, I see today that the delivery date has changed to the 7th of March. I was disappointed to see this, specially when I didn't receive an email notifying me of this change.

I have spoken to customer service over the phone and I have been given a £10 refund on my account. I apreciate the gesture but I still am disappointed about all this issue. If I knew you wouldn't be able to deliver Zelda: Breath of the wild on release date, I would have pre-ordered it from another shop or gone to a shop tomorrow and get it.

I do think this shows a flaw in your customer care system, lack of communication between Amazon and their customers, it can lead to disappointment like in this case.

Yours faithfully

Antonio Altabas Betancor
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow1026
    2. One for the mathmeticians1624
    3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)64490
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767420

See more discussions