Groups

SCAM - 1 year Xbox membership

http://www.xboxmembershipsuk.co.uk

wanted to post this as a warning, I think this is a scam, bought this yesterday and it said instant email code, however, no code has arrived, only a confirmation receipt of payment, and have tried to contact the company via email and no response! unless anyone else has successfully used i would avoid this company and use cdkeys or someone else more reliable.
    Edited by a moderator:

12 Comments

Website no longer exists

This should prob be moved/posted elsewhere.

Never ever ever ever (ever) think it's a good idea to part with money on such a blatantly dodgy site.

I posted about this in the Ask, section yesterday, members did say it looked a bit suspect, hope you can get your cash back,

How did you pay btw, as I would be concerned about them using those details on something else.

Looks like it is card only, contact your credit card company and get them to cancel the transaction ASAP. Anything that looks too good to be true, steer clear.

Ps I would change the title as someone may jump into thread thinking wow great deal, and click link before reading your warning.

Original Poster

have changed title. called my bank and they said there was a number next to the payment so I called it and an older man picked up the phone, it was someone's home number so I think definitely a scam! will cancel card and then dispute the transaction when it clears. will use cdkeys next time, not had a problem with them. definitely a lesson learnt.

with a domain name like that then I would defiantly know it was a scam site.

contact page only has a contact form. No email, no phone, no address. What made you think it was authentic?

Website was only registered at the end of April and has been done using a privacy service - if something is too good to be true, it is, even if it looks like a genuine price, never part with your details before you look deeper into theirs

Any site that tends to be xxxxxuk.co.uk is obviously questionable.
    Why would it need to be UK.co.uk?

If there's a site you've never heard off before, best to Google that sites name followed by review.
    Check trustpilot as well, if reviews come back difficult to find then it's either a real new website or people just haven't used it enough to warrant it to be deemed trusting.

kos1c

Any site that tends to be xxxxxuk.co.uk is obviously questionable. Why … Any site that tends to be xxxxxuk.co.uk is obviously questionable. Why would it need to be UK.co.uk? If there's a site you've never heard off before, best to Google that sites name followed by review. Check trustpilot as well, if reviews come back difficult to find then it's either a real new website or people just haven't used it enough to warrant it to be deemed trusting.

Why would a site ending in UK.co.uk come across as suspicious or questionable?

Besides, trustpilot isn't exactly the most reliable source. What's the stop them simply writing fake reviews?
    Edited by: "M0nk3h" 4th Jun
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother67
      2. What laptop to choose?11
      3. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33
      4. Laptop screen backlight issue23

See more discussions