Found 27th Oct 2009
Is the "if you took out a loan or finance before May 2007 is was unlawful and we can clear it with no cost to you" phone calls, newspaper adverts, mail a scam?

I still have finance on my car (bought in March 2006) & it would be great if it was cleared!!

Is it just me or has anyone else had these phone calls? At work we have been getting faxes stating the same thing.

Has anyone had loans/finance cleared from this or is it just a big fat con?!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
14 Comments

Banned

It's not a scam, it is to do with mis-sold loans and insurances

i had a message at work yesterday... i'm not not convinced ...

Banned

It's to do with mis-sold insurances

They are not going to wipe your debt just like that for no reason - which is what I think you are alluding to

The 2 I know of are Cartel & 7 Marketing - These 2 are NOT scams. They charge you a fee but you get it refunded if they cant clear your loans/cards etc.

I was told when I took a loan out that if I didn't take the insurance I basically wouldn't get the loan - not sure how I can prove that though

smashdebt.co.uk
These people helped a mate of mine.

They're "ambulance chasers".

Have a look on [url]www.moneysavingexpert.com[/url] where there's quite a lot of information about these types of operations. Basically, don't give them any money at all because you'll probably never see it again. If they offer to do it for free on a no win/no fee basis and you're not confident that you could get the money back yourself then they may be worth considering. You'd probably be better off going to the Citizen's Advice though.

aardvarking;6702301

I was told when I took a loan out that if I didn't take the insurance I … I was told when I took a loan out that if I didn't take the insurance I basically wouldn't get the loan - not sure how I can prove that though

go for it, your word will be enough

Original Poster

We got money back from A&L for PPI - they added the policy onto our old mortgage payments without our knowledge (they didn't provide quotation for monthly payments without it but didn't tell us the payments included PPI or give us any policy details when we took out the mortgage).

The anger soon subsided after we looked at the cheque for the refund of payments & compensation! We didn't know we had paid for it so didn't think we had ever been "missold" a PPI policy.

hassony;6702415

go for it, your word will be enough

not really....mine got rejected.... and i was in the exact same boat

Banned

seems as though the OP is looking for the easy way out of her debts - which she knowingly ran up

dimebars;6705239

seems as though the OP is looking for the easy way out of her debts - … seems as though the OP is looking for the easy way out of her debts - which she knowingly ran up

+1

and the OP becomes a scammer

Banned

Alfonse;6705282

+1and the OP becomes a scammer

irony eh?

dimebars;6705289

irony eh?

tru say
Post a comment
@
    Text