Groups

SCAM - British Airways - Fake Social Media Page

Editor
    Arrgh! Another day, another fake Facebook page created...

This time it's "British. Ariways" Yep... with a dot in the middle!

They seem to be running competitions to gain followers that will likely just end up with no winner. This isn't the first time this has happened with a dodgy BA page! Earlier this year a page named "British Air." managed to amass a few thousand followed before being rumbled - See here

I've seen LOADS of people sharing stuff like this recently, some people are just oblivious to these kind of things and look at it as "Worth a punt" Although I'm sure most of you would agree, it's only worth punting off your followed pages list.

I'm sure we all have at least 1 person that shares them like there's no tomorrow. So even though it seems obvious to some, worth mentioning to those that do share this type of stuff, especially at this time of the year.

http://i.imgur.com/fiXn4Fz.png

7 Comments

If folk are gullible to think they can win **** by liking a page, hell mend them... I see one for a 'free' campervan doing the rounds too
    Edited by moderator: "filter" 12th Nov 2016

I think there is a similar scam page claiming heathrow expansion is better than Gatwick; only thing is the government are behind that particular scam.
    Edited by: "afroylnt" 12th Nov 2016

Original Poster Editor

kinny

If folk are gullible to think they can win **** by liking a page, hell … If folk are gullible to think they can win **** by liking a page, hell mend them... I see one for a 'free' campervan doing the rounds too

Yeah, but there are people that DO win by liking things! I've won all sorts from legit pages with just a like on a post. Some people just aren't savvy, or just do it because it's quick and "Nothing to lose" Social media is pretty flooded at the moment with stuff like that. Normally a Land Rover being given away because there is a small tear in the carpet or something mad like that

I see loads of idiots sharing stupid fake competitions but can't understand why anyone even bothers making these up in the first place. Do fb pay people for a certain amount of shares / likes?

Original Poster Editor

chocci

I see loads of idiots sharing stupid fake competitions but can't … I see loads of idiots sharing stupid fake competitions but can't understand why anyone even bothers making these up in the first place. Do fb pay people for a certain amount of shares / likes?

I think the game is to grab as many likes as possible and then sell the pages on to shops/sellers so they have a ready made audience. They could do it for their own gains in a number of ways, I guess.

Wouldn't a genuine giveaway have some good looking trolley dolly and not some fat munter in the photo?

Mark2111

Wouldn't a genuine giveaway have some good looking trolley dolly and not … Wouldn't a genuine giveaway have some good looking trolley dolly and not some fat munter in the photo?

You've done it now! Someone will accuse you of misogyny - prepare yourself.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. connect tablet27
      2. Jury service1620
      3. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother67
      4. What laptop to choose?21

See more discussions