SCAM EE Texts 1st September 2020

Posted 1st SepEdited by:"Psychic"
Just a heads up to anybody using EE. Mobile, Broadband Etc.
I have received a text message this afternoon saying it was from EE and they were unable to process my latest bill and update my payment details via the link. (It does actually go out on the first of the month!) so made me think.
I have just phoned EE they checked my account and there is no billing issues.
He did say he’s had lots of calls today about the same text and it was definitely a scam text.
The mobile number of the scam text is 07377065888
If you receive the text you can report it by forwarding It free of charge to EE on 7726.
Community Updates
Misc
9 Comments
Had the same yesterday but with o2. Again, confirmed scam.
Yes looks like they are doing the rounds again.
Same with Three a few days go.
I usually get them from providers I am not actually with which is the strangest thing
I feel left out,how do I get one.
Common phishing scam, replace EE with any other major company. Simple advice, don't click links from emails or SMS unless you are specifically expecting one (like a password reset link).
Edited by: "jamie15" 2nd Sep
Bunch of scammy cnuts
Yeah had one on my p&g O2 sim that's had 2 top-up and don't intend to do another, they had no DD instructions to take payment and the link in the text was to a random site (no I did not click) I ignore most messages
41815329.jpg

41815329.jpg
Booted up a VM and the site didn't open. Changed user agent to Android and then it does. Standard phishing site, requesting user to sign in with my3 phone number and password. Looks identical to genuine Three site.
Edited by: "jamie15" 2nd Sep
Post a comment
@
    Text