Groups

Scam or not?

Hi,
    Just wanted a bit of advice, and i know it is a scam but cant really see the angle and i def wouldnt do it anyway but wanted to see what other people thought...
    I have put up on gumtree my bn mobile tocco lite for saleand have had 2 replies from people overseas who wanted to pay through paypal and obv for me to send it too them. The first was from Nigeria and i looked into postage but RM dont insure higher than £39 and dont track out of the uk so i declined to sell. The most recent offered £50 more than i asked for and also to pay through paypal - i havent replied as they also stated overseas with a similar story, buying for girlfriend etc.
    Just wondered if anyone has had similar exp?
    Cheers

13 Comments

Thousands of people have similar experinces,it is a scam.

They usually send you a fake Paypal payment email etc and hope you'll think they have paid and send it off.

wish people would use more common sense

u say scam or not? then say i know its a scam lol
    are u hoping its not a scam?
    stay clear and stick to selling in uk

supermod

To change the topic slightly OP :

hotukdeals.com/ite…ne-

You should have reported http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/images/custom_buttons/report.gif your HUKD FS/T listing for this Mobile to be MOD closed before listing it on Gumtree.

Gumtree = Cash in hand or scam
    only 2 options,

Original Poster

As i said was not selling to them - just wondered how they thought they would get away with it.

georgia2006;8006695

As i said was not selling to them - just wondered how they thought they … As i said was not selling to them - just wondered how they thought they would get away with it.

Stolen credit card numbers.

Original Poster

sigma;8006691

To change the topic slightly OP … To change the topic slightly OP :http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/621395/fs-samsung-tocco-lite-mobile-phone-You should have reported your HUKD FS/T listing for this Mobile to be MOD closed before listing it on Gumtree.

Hi,
    You expired the add - and so i thought took it off as i couldnt do pics....Was not aware that i could only advertise in 1 place.
    Sorry

Original Poster

trtrtrt8006

georgia2006;8006695

As i said was not selling to them - just wondered how they thought they … As i said was not selling to them - just wondered how they thought they would get away with it.

Because people can be really ******* stupid at times.

georgia2006;8006707

Hi,You expired the add - and so i thought took it off as i couldnt do … Hi,You expired the add - and so i thought took it off as i couldnt do pics....Was not aware that i could only advertise in 1 place.Sorry

On the thread it said,for Mod review,but an easy mistake to make,best to familiarise yourself with the FS rules:thumbsup:

Original Poster

tonyg1962;8006701

Stolen credit card numbers.

What bout the address linked with credit card though as its paypal? Though Prob easier in some places though huh?

Banned

Look - it's a scam ok?

It couldn't be a clearer scam if the paypal email address was [email protected]

This is one of the reasons why computer use should be means and intelligence tested.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1637
      2. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.710
      3. Biscuit addiction2060
      4. Sold item on eBay from UK - buyer from USA810

See more discussions