Expired

scam phone calls

Found 6th Dec 2012
I just wanted to make people aware of a scam thats come to light. People are ringing potential victims claiming to be ringing on behalf of virgin media pressuring people to buy a antivirus program for £150. Claiming they will cancel that persons services if they dont pay and give personal details. This call was made to my dad whos a pensioner.hes not even with virgin and told them to do one. Please beware.
Community Updates
MisciPhonePhones
10 Comments
What is it with scams being posted today that are widely known?
Edited by: "dbhoy" 6th Dec 2012
You get free antivirus with virgin.
I had this a few weeks ago. They called three times a day asking for my account password.

When I said that I would call the police, they said that the police would do nothing.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2yzg6sz.jpg

Give elderly relatives a whistle to keep by the phone in case they are troubled by people phoning them asking for passwords and bank account numbers or sell them double glazing for treble the going rate.
had a similar call today but they claimed to be calling from hotpoint. they wanted me to pay for an extension on my warranty on my washing machine as the existing one is about to expire. i don't have a hotpoint washing machine, infact, the washing machine i have came with the house so it wasn't even me who bought it. id love to know how they got all my details.
dbhoy

They're only widely know by those who know about them.
Pheww, i thought for a minute old people were watching sky channels / using a computer oO
dbhoy

Just because you know about it doesn't mean we all do! Do you ever have anything costructive to say?
transit

Pheww, i thought for a minute old people were watching sky channels / … Pheww, i thought for a minute old people were watching sky channels / using a computer oO

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w305/BRbandmom/Emoticons/smileywhistle1.gif
i norm get about 3 calls aday from things like this the main one is the "your computer is infected" i used to play along with them but that got boreing so now i give it about a min then say i need to put you on hold 1 min can you wait, then put the phone next to the telly/radio and let them listen to whatever is on they norm hang up after 1/2 mins (have had some wait 15 mins lol) and never hear from them again
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants