**SCAM Warning** Amazon / Paypal - Text messages may steal login info **Update** Poss iTunes too

Editor 14
Found 6th Apr 2016
Scammers are attempting to steal your login details by sending a text message with a link designed to capture passwords and other user data.

We have had reports of both Amazon and PayPal messages are being sent out, both with the same agenda.

The message reads "Amazon - Your account has been locked. Please click on the link below to restore your access **Link here**"

Many of you will likely know to never click this sort of thing, although sometimes people do, purely out of concern. If you get a text like this *See comment #1* Then please just ignore it!

If you are concerned or have received the text and clicked the link, go change your password ASAP and or contact Amazon directly.

**Update** 08/04/16

Hearing other reports of Emails being sent out from Amazon and Also Texts from iTunes too. The same goes for those, if you're unsure DO NOT open them or log in via them - Report any instances to the relevant retailer / merchant.

14 Comments

If you fall for this, you deserve to be scammed.

Tax on stupidity.

Thanks for the info

Original Poster Editor

Happydundee

No one deserves to be scammed because they aren't clued up on something... Which is why i posted
Some people just don't know, some may be older and not really be savvi on this sort of thing.

NeoTrix

No one deserves to be scammed because they aren't clued up on … No one deserves to be scammed because they aren't clued up on something... Which is why i posted :)Some people just don't know, some may be older and not really be savvi on this sort of thing.

I agree with you, I would have took it as face value and opened it.

So says the oxymoron

Happydundee

And the tax avoider.
googleboogle

Tax on stupidity.

Edited by: "Oneday77" 6th Apr 2016

summerof76

I agree with you, I would have took it as face value and opened it.

No Summer say it isn't true, just yesterday you were all up for being Zena , and today you'd fall for this rubbish. No sorry I just don't believe it

had one from virgin media yesterday, my email account has been locked, please ring .....

I rang 150 my account was fine

tinkerbellian

No Summer say it isn't true, just yesterday you were all up for being … No Summer say it isn't true, just yesterday you were all up for being Zena , and today you'd fall for this rubbish. No sorry I just don't believe it

Your'e right, I wouldn't have fell for it, but my hubby would have X)
He got an email saying he was due a tax rebate a while back. I stopped him in time from replying and I keep him informed of what scams are doing the rounds.

summerof76

Your'e right, I wouldn't have fell for it, but my hubby would have X)He … Your'e right, I wouldn't have fell for it, but my hubby would have X)He got an email saying he was due a tax rebate a while back. I stopped him in time from replying and I keep him informed of what scams are doing the rounds.

I got the tax rebate a few weeks ago, it was closely on the heels of the Apple itunes scam which wasn't too far after the Barclays bank scam.
There's more and more of these things coming through my new improved top of the range virginmedia email system.

I seen this last night and laughed. Quick log in to your account should show that there nothing blocking it. Do worry for humanity some times.

I got one of these last night within an hour or so of setting up my new iPhone. It's the most genuine looking scan email I've seen (although, didn't fall for it). The email address it comes from is secure@apple.ssl.com, and has the full Apple templates and address at the foot of the email.

I must agree. The scammers are getting clever. At least before, if you got a email from someone in Nigeria, you knew
it was a scam but now its very hard to distinguish what is real and what is not.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions