Scam websites to be aware of

Found 9th Apr 2014
Hoping this is the right forum to put this in.

Wanted to raise peoples awareness of 2 scam websites out there offering gadgets at great prices

ogeds.com
venusgadgets.com

Both run by the same person, both scam websites offering higher end gadgets at good prices. I ordered a set of headphones weeks ago that never arrived. Emails are ignored and there is no phone number. I was wary when I ordered so I only ordered 1 set of headphones when I actually needed 3. Glad I did.

Please use these websites with caution. I think there is a high chance you will never see your goods or your money ever again.
These are my opinions and not the opinions of hotukdeals.
Community Updates
MiscWeb Hosting
116 Comments
If you paid by credit card or paypal you maybe covered.
Original Poster
Unfortunately don't own a credit card and there was no paypal option on the website. I'm lucky I'm only £30 down as this was a taster order if you see what I mean.
Banned
j90rdn

Unfortunately don't own a credit card and there was no paypal option on … Unfortunately don't own a credit card and there was no paypal option on the website. I'm lucky I'm only £30 down as this was a taster order if you see what I mean.

A taster order that has left a bad taste.
Original Poster
ifrazalam

A taster order that has left a bad taste.

Certainly has. If I loose the £30 then so be it but I'd hate to think others after me loose to these scum bags as well, so trying to raise awareness. :-)
Hope it's just a dispatch error, there are the following contact details on the Venus Gadgets website ...

Phone number : 020 8257 0813
Address : 4 Ashbourne Road Romford Essex RM3 7YT

Operating hours:
Monday - Friday: 11am - 5pm
Saturday: 11am - 5pm

We will respond to your queries within 24 Hours
Email: info@venusgadgets.com

and the following on the Ogeds.com website

145-157 ST JOHN STREET, LONDON, EC1V 4PW UNITED KINGDOM

Contact Information

Email addresses: info@ogeds.com
Email addresses: david@ogeds.com
Original Poster
The phone number is new - that wasn't there yesterday. Thanks, I'll give it a try later. Funny how the address of venusgadgets was St John Street a few days ago. Still think this is a complete scam, but will report back.
you forgot to add:

hotukdeals.com
I have seen that 145-157 st johns street address used by a different company, so suspect it is a shared or rented address for purpose of registering companies, not a real physical address for the company. betterprice4u.co.uk use it
Romford phone number normally starts 01708.
Original Poster
Well, definitely a scam. The Romford address is residential, and despite trying at least 10 times at different times of today no one answers the 0208 number. I managed to track down a mobile number that was used when the website was first setup, and the person who answered it at first said he would take a message for David (the website owner is called David Ola), then hung up. Several attempts to get him to answer later he eventually did pick up, only to deny knowing who David was.

I will continue to pursue, but looks like a complete scam to me.
Original Poster
This was the cached page on google for the OGEDS contact page (same phone number as VenusGadgets.com)

Our operators are available on 02082570813 to answer any sales enquiries Monday to Friday 10am – 5pm. Calls from landlines and mobiles will be subject to the terms and conditions of the telephone provider, and charges may apply.

You can track the progress of your order by logging into the ‘My Account‘ section of the website.

Postal Address

Ogeds.com

145-157 ST JOHN STREET, LONDON, EC1V 4PW
UNITED KINGDOM

Also noticed on the cached page that the currency was in NGN, i.e. Nigerian.
Hello Lee Jordan, We are very sorry for the late delivery. Your item has already been shipped, It will arrive at your address in 48 Hours. Please let us know when you receive it, Thanks You.
Hello Lee Jordan, We are very sorry for the late delivery. Your item has already been shipped, It will arrive at your address in 48 Hours. Please let us know when you receive it, Thanks You.
Sorry can you repeat that repeat that repeat that :-/
Original Poster
Yes, to update this post. I did eventually receive the headphones, and I've just received a phone call from the site owner apologising. As I said to him, most if not all businesses have logistical problems from time to time. I could have happily put up with slow delivery times, especially seeing as the price was absolutely cracking, but not responding to several emails and contact forms on their own website leaves a customer to believe they are being ripped off.
could still be a scam, send a cheap low value item for assurance then rinse the people who think the site is alright
@ muffin247. Our items are of the highest quality. We are currently running a clearance deal on our site at the moment and we are trying to offload some items that is why they are quite cheap at the moment, The prices will go back up once the deal time is over. We also provide a 30 days no questions asked return policy. You can send us an email if you need more information. Thank You Regards David
Hi Ogeds, i ordered something off your venus gadgets website on the 10th of march. Told it was late being dispatched due to a warehouse problem. The item was later marked as partly dispatched but nothing has turned up. I have left numerous messages on your website. Please get back to me.
Fabulous, I ordered two headphones off them last night. My order number is something like 500, so I think their claim that they ship "thousands of items every day" is nonsense.

I'll keep you informed of progress...
Original Poster
My order was 430 on 26th March.
My is 569 on 30th April, so 140 orders in 35 days, or 20 a day. Assuming that the order numbers are consecutive, of course. But it does show that his claim that there are "thousands of orders despatched securely on an almost daily basis" is a complete lie. The worst thing is that I have given this person my credit card information.
I also had a look at the currencies that they can handle. One of these is not like the others, can you tell which:

UK Sterling
Australian Dollars
Canadian Dollars
Euros
Nigerian Naira
US Dollars
I'll see what happens with my order, I have had to report another site like this to actionfraud before (and they got into a lot of trouble!) so I know what to do if he is, in fact, carrying out the criminal offence of fraud through false representation.
Hello alfierobertscars.

We have just checked our database through the order number you provided on this forum. We noticed you bought two £1 items which makes the total order £2. And your order was placed yesterday. We don't understand what you are talking about on this forum actually. However we will get your item across to you pretty soon. Please note YOU DID NOT GIVE US YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS. All Card payments on our site are handled by a third party payment gateway system. You can check with your bank to confirm this. Thank You Regards
Hello ogeds_1,

I was just replying to say that I would keep this site informed of my experience with you, which I will do. I trust that it will be satisfactory.
Please let us know how your purchase goes, alfierobertscars, there are some cracking bargains on that site! I think if they have got 40 orders a day and they are scamming then I would expect to c a load of compllaints so may be the OP was just unlucky.
I just got an email to say that my order has shipped. I'll let you know when it arrives.
My purchase arrived.
I've placed an order so will update too.
ogeds_1

Hello Lee Jordan, We are very sorry for the late delivery. Your item has … Hello Lee Jordan, We are very sorry for the late delivery. Your item has already been shipped, It will arrive at your address in 48 Hours. Please let us know when you receive it, Thanks You.

he hasn't posted his name here, how do you know this guy is called "Lee Jordan"?

something funny about this thread
dataload

he hasn't posted his name here, how do you know this guy is called "Lee … he hasn't posted his name here, how do you know this guy is called "Lee Jordan"?something funny about this thread

Because he will be the guy leaving 1000 emails per day
dataload

he hasn't posted his name here, how do you know this guy is called "Lee … he hasn't posted his name here, how do you know this guy is called "Lee Jordan"?something funny about this thread

And to give a customer's real name out on a public forum is very unprofessional
Pretty sure this company is a scam. Ordered ps4 controller over a week ago but now nobody EVER answers emails and phone also NEVER answered whatever time i call. Bunch of fraudsters from what i can make out. BEWARE!! Will be reporting this to the relevant people!
Yeah, it looks like the owner is monitoring this page and if you say that you have placed an order here he will make sure you get it, like the guy who ordered the two £1 pairs of headphones. Which is a low value item anyway, I'm sure the owner didn't mind sending those out.
This is definitely a scam. I have ordered a playstation 4 controller for my Nephews Birthday and it clearly isn't arriving. People please do not get caught out like I have.
after reading more and more comments and still not getting any response i am now reporting this site to action fraud and hope this site is taken down and the muppets behind it are punished accordingly. i think ill pay extra and use a respectable company in future.
Has anyone received items ordered from this company (other than Lee Jordan)?

agentsponge, have you reported it? Just to let you know, my step brother is a top Lawyer in Africa so I have raised this to his attention. The best news is that he has advised it should be relatively easy to find these people. Hopefully they can be found and put away, watch this space
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions