Scammed?

Banned
Like.. 3 weeks ago or something I posted a topic looking to buy a bluray player or trade etc..

All wen't well or so I thought?

I ended up doing a part cash and trade for "gdw298"'s bluray player..

So I sent the cash and then sent my ipod touch to him..

About a week later he told me it hadn't "arrived" yet and he had to go away for a business trip and was back on sunday. Ok I wasnt too bothered id wait..

So then I email and message him etc and there is no reply..

it's supposingly been a week since he was back from his trip and he hasn't been on here since the 3rd of march..

He has good rep etc and thats where im confused..

43 Comments

phone him then

you did get their contact details yes ?

Original Poster Banned

zeus9876;4636842

you did get their contact details yes ?

Nope, one thing I forgot.

I have his name, address, paypal, personal email but not his phone number.

Thing his.. he did ask for mine and I gave him it.. so like don't see why he'd ask for my number if he wasn't genuine?

Still annoying that I forgot to ask for the number..

Conscept;4636854

Nope, one thing I forgot.I have his name, address, paypal, personal email … Nope, one thing I forgot.I have his name, address, paypal, personal email but not his phone number.Thing his.. he did ask for mine and I gave him it.. so like don't see why he'd ask for my number if he wasn't genuine?Still annoying that I forgot to ask for the number..

Look on his feedback and PM everybody to see if they have his number.

Original Poster Banned

GAVINLEWISHUKD;4636866

Look on his feedback and PM everybody to see if they have his number.

Was just thinking that.
Thanks
+rep.

Was this done by PM? As your only thread for a blu-ray player shows no trade agreed.

If so......then oh dear.

Conscept;4636874

Was just thinking that.Thanks+rep.

Try mbgringo, birdyboyuk, aScottishBloke and nacider as they are regulars.

Original Poster Banned

Syzable;4636875

Was this done by PM? As your only thread for a blu-ray player shows no … Was this done by PM? As your only thread for a blu-ray player shows no trade agreed.If so......then oh dear.

I can't even find my thread

wonder where its gone lol?

and I think we did it in the forum..

I remember posting about sending the money etc

Original Poster Banned

GAVINLEWISHUKD;4636879

Try mbgringo, birdyboyuk, aScottishBloke and nacider as they are regulars.

Ok, thankyou!

It's here mate. hotukdeals.com/ite…565

Unfortunately there is no mention of agreed trade which leaves you in limbo now. Sadly this is what happens. :-(

Original Poster Banned

Syzable;4636920

It's here mate. … It's here mate. http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/343206/ft-xbox-360-elite-cash-for-ps3-or-b/?p=4438565#post4438565Unfortunately there is no mention of agreed trade which leaves you in limbo now. Sadly this is what happens. :-(

gdw298
Flame Thrower
gdw298 is a jewel in the roughgdw298 is a jewel in the roughgdw298 is a jewel in the rough

View FS/FT Feedback

If your deal falls through, I might consider getting rid of my Samsung BDP1500.
I only have one HDMI you see, and its taken up by my PS3, which plays everything.

Let me know

---------

Ah ****, Im sure I had posted it there aswell I remember saying money sent.. and It must have gone into PM as he messaged me first and I guess I just replied.

sucks.

Admin

Do not, under any circumstances trade via PM, everything should be done on forum so we can get an idea of dates of trade etc and help you through the dispute process.

Original Poster Banned

juliet_bravo;4637033

Do not, under any circumstances trade via PM, everything should be done … Do not, under any circumstances trade via PM, everything should be done on forum so we can get an idea of dates of trade etc and help you through the dispute process.

I know this, just I guess as he PM'd me and I replied it felt different..

Ah well

It's only a ipod touch I guess..

Conscept;4637083

I know this, just I guess as he PM'd me and I replied it felt … I know this, just I guess as he PM'd me and I replied it felt different..Ah wellIt's only a ipod touch I guess..

Should have gave it me!!

Hi OP. There are clear guidelines on FS/FT. Considering the value of the trade/cash then at the very least you should have made sure that you got other traders full name, address and telephone details and called to make sure.

I know this sometimes does not happen and that there is that element of trust that many FS/FTs are based on.

If no agreement was openly made on the forum thread then it means that something was agreed via PM.

This is

(a) against the forum rules
(b) leaves you wide open to being scammed as there is no open record of what you have agreed and with whom.
(c) leaves you with absolutely no firm stance on resolving the matter unless the other trader willingly engages to resolve.

You relied on the other party to be honest and upfront, which is fair play if they had good feedback, But as you say, you've been scammed.

Never agree anything via PM without the details of the sale being openly posted on the forum thread. If someone contacts you to do so or in some way coerces you into it then report them to the Mods as it is against the rules. Always make the offer and acceptance clear on the thread before exchanging contact and payment details via PM.

What you can do is ask the mods to contact the other party on your behalf to help initiate communication and bring the matter to their attention again. They are not obliged to do this but in all fairness if they can help in that way then they will.

In the meantime keep to contact the other party. Good luck

Original Poster Banned

StevenA2000_uk;4637133

Hi OP. There are clear guidelines on FS/FT. Considering the value of … Hi OP. There are clear guidelines on FS/FT. Considering the value of the trade/cash then at the very least you should have made sure that you got other traders full name, address and telephone details and called to make sure.I know this sometimes does not happen and that there is that element of trust that many FS/FTs are based on.If no agreement was openly made on the forum thread then it means that something was agreed via PM. This is (a) against the forum rules (b) leaves you wide open to being scammed as there is no open record of what you have agreed and with whom. (c) leaves you with absolutely no firm stance on resolving the matter unless the other trader willingly engages to resolve.You relied on the other party to be honest and upfront, which is fair play if they had good feedback, But as you say, you've been scammed.Never agree anything via PM without the details of the sale being openly posted on the forum thread. If someone contacts you to do so or in some way coerces you into it then report them to the Mods as it is against the rules. Always make the offer and acceptance clear on the thread before exchanging contact and payment details via PM.What you can do is ask the mods to contact the other party on your behalf to help initiate communication and bring the matter to their attention again. They are not obliged to do this but in all fairness if they can help in that way then they will. In the meantime keep to contact the other party. Good luck

Yep, I know the rules and it happened as we were just PM'ing each other.
From now on i'l be sure to ALWAYS get details..

I do have everything but his actual number..

If I cared about the ipod i'd drive to his house and knock on his door. haha.. If I got my cash back i'd be happy.. you know

Banned

As JB states, not following the forums rules makes life a little more difficult, but you know that now.

As far as I recall, the bloke was 100% genuine and quite understanding when DHL failed to deliver my item the next day - it took them a total of 6 days to deliver, claiming they couldn't find his address (and an attempt was made to deliver despite the house being occupied at the time). He paid instantly and followed all FS/FT rules at the time, So I definitely had full details.

I'll have a review of my history, and see what I can come up with. However as I only have your word for it that a transaction took place, the best I can offer (If I can dig out the details from 1st week in Dec) is that I give the guy a call and let him know that there is a dispute on here and invite him to respond. :thumbsup:

Conscept;4637162

Yep, I know the rules and it happened as we were just PM'ing each … Yep, I know the rules and it happened as we were just PM'ing each other.From now on i'l be sure to ALWAYS get details..I do have everything but his actual number..If I cared about the ipod i'd drive to his house and knock on his door. haha.. If I got my cash back i'd be happy.. you know

Yep, I understand m8. Having the feeling of being scammed and the undertainty isnt very nice at all, and getting anything returned whether it be the ipod or the cash would be at least some comfort.

As others have said, things do go wrong thru no fault of either party, so give it a bit more time to see if the other party responds.

Original Poster Banned

aScottishBloke;4637216

As JB states, not following the forums rules makes life a little more … As JB states, not following the forums rules makes life a little more difficult, but you know that now.As far as I recall, the bloke was 100% genuine and quite understanding when DHL failed to deliver my item the next day - it took them a total of 6 days to deliver, claiming they couldn't find his address (and an attempt was made to deliver despite the house being occupied at the time). He paid instantly and followed all FS/FT rules at the time, So I definitely had full details.I'll have a review of my history, and see what I can come up with. However as I only have your word for it that a transaction took place, the best I can offer (If I can dig out the details from 1st week in Dec) is that I give the guy a call and let him know that there is a dispute on here and invite him to respond. :thumbsup:

Ah, yes that'd be fine with me.
Infact i'd prefer that haha..

I have/can take screenshots of all PM's emails and paypal to show that a deal took place.

Original Poster Banned

StevenA2000_uk;4637232

Yep, I understand m8. Having the feeling of being scammed and the … Yep, I understand m8. Having the feeling of being scammed and the undertainty isnt very nice at all, and getting anything returned whether it be the ipod or the cash would be at least some comfort. As others have said, things do go wrong thru no fault of either party, so give it a bit more time to see if the other party responds.

Ok,

I think that Kyle is a trustworthy trader still it's just its been like 3 weeks seems a tad dodgy you know,

Maybe he lost internet access or something

Banned

Conscept;4637243

Ah, yes that'd be fine with me.Infact i'd prefer that haha..I have/can … Ah, yes that'd be fine with me.Infact i'd prefer that haha..I have/can take screenshots of all PM's emails and paypal to show that a deal took place.

Not needed, I'll give him a call if possible and invite him to respond. :thumbsup:

Banned

Conscept;4637253

Ok, I think that Kyle is a trustworthy trader still it's just its been … Ok, I think that Kyle is a trustworthy trader still it's just its been like 3 weeks seems a tad dodgy you know, :)Maybe he lost internet access or something

Google is your friend - or more specifically, head over to avforums and see if you can catch up with him :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

aScottishBloke;4637270

Google is your friend - or more specifically, head over to avforums and … Google is your friend - or more specifically, head over to avforums and see if you can catch up with him :thumbsup:

I tried lots of websites like googling address/name etc looking for a reverse phonebook sort of thing. Had no luck ..

I'm not a member of Avforums but will have a look..

Hopefully he can come back on here

Banned

Conscept,

hotukdeals.com/ite…er/

Is this the thread you refer to ?

If so, it seems the transaction was all above board, albeit you didn't get his telephone number :roll:

aScottishBloke;4637315

Conscept,http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/343760/ft-samsung-bdp-1500-blu-ray-player/Is this the thread you refer to ?If so, it seems the transaction was all above board, albeit you didn't get his telephone number :roll:

Ah well done we were looking for a wanted ad from the OP.:thumbsup:

Repped

Banned

you said gdw said ipod hadnt arrved, did you send it trackable?

ScottishBloke if you have his details I would like them please as can say he in a scamming spree as I "bought" a PS3 game off him and has not arrived!! So looks suspicous!!

Banned

after looking at his feedback and post i would be very surprised if this is a scam, he hasnt been online since the 3rd march so maybe ill health? no internet access? maybe anything, although i could be wrong, maybe someone with his landline could give him a ring

Original Poster Banned

Naeem786;4637359

ScottishBloke if you have his details I would like them please as can say … ScottishBloke if you have his details I would like them please as can say he in a scamming spree as I "bought" a PS3 game off him and has not arrived!! So looks suspicous!!

Unlucky bro,

=(

Original Poster Banned

GAVINLEWISHUKD;4637334

Ah well done we were looking for a wanted ad from the OP.:thumbsup:Repped

I knew I had posted in a topic. nice one

Conscept;4637387

Unlucky bro,=(

Was only a few ££££'s but from now on aint going to buy off anyone (even with good feedback), if I know them will or get them to senf first!!

Naeem786;4637433

Was only a few ££££'s but from now on aint going to buy off anyone (even w … Was only a few ££££'s but from now on aint going to buy off anyone (even with good feedback), if I know them will or get them to senf first!!

Naeem786;4637433

ScottishBloke if you have his details I would like them please as can say … ScottishBloke if you have his details I would like them please as can say he in a scamming spree as I "bought" a PS3 game off him and has not arrived!! So looks suspicous!!

Understandable, but the HUKD FS/FT rules also state that the item isnt yours until its delivered to you therefore what he should be doing is refunding you and claiming for his loss of his game from Royal Mail.

Keep at it and get your few quid back!!! :thumbsup:

StevenA2000_uk;4637475

Understandable, but the HUKD FS/FT rules also state that the item isnt … Understandable, but the HUKD FS/FT rules also state that the item isnt yours until its delivered to you therefore what he should be doing is refunding you and claiming for his loss of his game from Royal Mail. Keep at it and get your few quid back!!! :thumbsup:

True, but has not been on for a while, was giving it a while as something may be up, but as seeing this it does look like a scam! We trust people too easily as "Feedback" does not prove anything IMO!

Original Poster Banned

Naeem786;4637507

True, but has not been on for a while, was giving it a while as something … True, but has not been on for a while, was giving it a while as something may be up, but as seeing this it does look like a scam! We trust people too easily as "Feedback" does not prove anything IMO!

Well I'm going to wait a little more,

Hopefully it all gets resolved.. lets hope someone can give him a ring.

As you have his address details then if nothing transpires then definately a call to the Police.

Banned

Conscept;4637553

Well I'm going to wait a little more, :)Hopefully it all gets resolved.. … Well I'm going to wait a little more, :)Hopefully it all gets resolved.. lets hope someone can give him a ring.

I have his number, popping out now to do some in law visits - I'll give him a buzz when I get back. I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation.

Meanwhile Conscept - did you send your goods via a trackable method to confirm proof of delivery ?

Original Poster Banned

aScottishBloke;4637698

I have his number, popping out now to do some in law visits - I'll give … I have his number, popping out now to do some in law visits - I'll give him a buzz when I get back. I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation.Meanwhile Conscept - did you send your goods via a trackable method to confirm proof of delivery ?

I got my mum to post the goods, as far as I am aware it was Royal Mail recorded. I'l ask her later
and thanks

Banned

Conscept;4637719

I got my mum to post the goods, as far as I am aware it was Royal Mail … I got my mum to post the goods, as far as I am aware it was Royal Mail recorded. I'l ask her laterand thanks

That's a major disadvantage to you. If not trackable then perhaps the trader didn't get the item and not happy to continue the exchange for obvious reasons. The lack of comms is a different matter though.

If it's lost in the post, you're looking at damage limitation with recorded delivery/proof of postage. In the region of £34 max refund after a valid claim is made. :oops:

Will try and call later and let you know.

Cheers

Original Poster Banned

aScottishBloke;4637759

That's a major disadvantage to you. If not trackable then perhaps the … That's a major disadvantage to you. If not trackable then perhaps the trader didn't get the item and not happy to continue the exchange for obvious reasons. The lack of comms is a different matter though.If it's lost in the post, you're looking at damage limitation with recorded delivery/proof of postage. In the region of £34 max refund after a valid claim is made. :oops:Will try and call later and let you know.Cheers

Well,
I'd rather take £34 than nothing
Plus I sent him £ through paypal aswell so I could take that too.

Would prefer the trade to be finished though haha.

Original Poster Banned

Feel free to PM me whenever you get chance to ring him, thanks man!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How dangerous is Donald trump?46
    2. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam11
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1415
    4. Pink Balls612

See more discussions