Groups

scammed on hkud by katlou1, is there anything i can do?

dcx_badass has gratefully made a forum for us to exchange personal details (as this is NOT allowed on hkud), share our findings/suspicions and progress.

mronks.co.cc/for…m1/

1. Register on above forum

2. message dcx_badass on this thread or through pm through this link hotukdeals.com/tag/pro…ass with your username and a link to the thread you were scammed in or some other kinda of proof.

3. then dcx_badass will activate your account on there and you will be able to see the thread on hukd scams by katlou1

Other user accounts of katlou1?

tinkerbellxx
    tattyteddy

11 days ago i posted in this thread and 'bought' the sky plus box that was up for grabs. however not recieved the item and not much communication from the seller. I'm not the only one it seems, as another user has also posted in the thread and another has pm'd me to say same thing has happened to them with same seller.

Is there anything i can do to recover my money, i paid by bt?

hotukdeals.com/for…77/

555 Comments

Ring them or pay them a visit?

I'll let Big Rick know.

Original Poster

ring who? i dont have a number for the seller or the address

whose big rick?
    Edited by: "Ghulam35" 15th Sep 2010

Small claims court

in before I didn't get number or address....oh nevermind!

Banned

Doesn't look good as seen a different thread earlier with someone else not receiving items.

Contact the Mods again as most likely you'll just get asked on here if you got all details as per rules and if not nowt you can do

Ghulam35

ring who? i dont have a number for the seller or the address

Should of stuck to forum rules and advice.

Lesson learnt.

Original Poster

Paddy Charlie

Doesn't look good as seen a different thread earlier with someone else … Doesn't look good as seen a different thread earlier with someone else not receiving items.Contact the Mods again as most likely you'll just get asked on here if you got all details as per rules and if not nowt you can do

what details did i need to the rules?

If you've been scammed, leave negative feedback to warn others....

Banned

1stly leave negative feedback to warn others, report thread for mod intervention although he/she seems to be ignoring mod contact, how did you pay?

Ghulam35

what details did i need to the rules?

It's not a rule as such, more of a strong recommendation, but you should always get the sellers contact details (address, phone no. etc.) before sending any money, moreso for high(er) value items...

Edit: Especially with a seller that's only been registered on the site for 3 weeks (less at time of trade)...
    Not ideal, but you'll probably have to take this as a lesson learnt, at least it wasn't for items of higher value...
    Edited by: "civms47" 15th Sep 2010

Original Poster

can someone please remind me how i leave feedback?

Banned

click on your profile, top right hand corner, then click the fs/trade tab and find thread

Ask the person who also bought it from her via PM if they had any luck. oO

Original Poster

sassie

click on your profile, top right hand corner, then click the fs/trade tab … click on your profile, top right hand corner, then click the fs/trade tab and find thread

thanks

Ghulam35

ring who? i dont have a number for the seller or the address whose big … ring who? i dont have a number for the seller or the address whose big rick?

lmao classic

Who the hell is big rick?

Original Poster

civms47

It's not a rule as such, more of a strong recommendation, but you should … It's not a rule as such, more of a strong recommendation, but you should always get the sellers contact details (address, phone no. etc.) before sending any money, moreso for high(er) value items...Edit: Especially with a seller that's only been registered on the site for 3 weeks (less at time of trade)...Not ideal, but you'll probably have to take this as a lesson learnt, at least it wasn't for items of higher value...

how do i check how long some one has been a member for? where can i familiarise myself with the rules of hkud without a lesson? thanks for your help

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that either party is genuine by providing and verifying the following via PM to each other and to Admin or a Moderator if they wish to keep a record:

Verified landline telephone number - make a CALL to check out the area code and number are correct!
    Name and address including postcode
    Valid e-mail address [no disposable addresses such as @gmail or @yahoo for example]
    If you're using PayPal, check to see if the seller has eBay feedback. You can also make a small payment to and from each other to validate the PayPal e-mail address
    If possible, collect and pay for items in person
    Only buy from Verified PayPal Members if possible
    Do NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself.

Offer and acceptance of trade or sale must be posted in relevant thread. You must NOT deal by PM only.

You must NOT have items for sale or trade elsewhere online if listed here and NOT 'bump' your thread more than a total of 3 times.

Please post images of the actual items for sale to show the condition and that you have the items in your possession. Thanks!

Before using Fo.lk, please read the following:
    Playing it Safe
    Fo.lk is only as safe as the community which takes care of it, it's up to you to be careful when trading. If you see anything suspicious, please report the thread quickly with any details you may have. Request user feedback elsewhere, Ebay for example.

Make sure you obtain a secondary form of contact, check phone numbers, email addresses and home addresses addresses before sending any cash.

Use Paypal rather than bank transfers or other forms of money exchange.Additional protection may be offered but does not cover all scenarios nor does it guarantee a full refund. See the Buyer Protection Off Ebay for further info. Paypal gift, whilst convenient, offers no such protection.

Caveat Emptor. Do NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself. This forum is equivalent to a newspaper's classified section, Fo.lk is not responsible for and does not vouch for any listings or sales/trades in this forum! Use your head, follow the guidelines, evaluate the risk and make your own decision.

Ten Basic Rules
    No business / traderlike behaviour. Selling more than two of the same item in a three month period is classed as bulk sales, and is therefore not permitted. Profiteering is not permitted and you must not list items for higher than their RRP.* Vouchers with minimum spend or next to no resale value cannot be sold.
    You cannot link to external sales or businesses (Ebay listings or your own website, for example.)
    Sales negotiations must take part within the respective thread. Dealing by PM or email is not allowed. Personal details should not be added to any Fo.lk listings.
    You cannot list items on Fo.lk if you have a live listing for the same item elsewhere.
    Only one person per household can use Fo.lk. If your partner or a family member is also a Fo.lk user, please use the contact form. Any multiple accounts will be suspended from the site.
    Currency / money exchange is not permitted
    Do not bump your threads excessively. It's not fair on other users. Three bumps per thread are allowed. Any unnecessary comments will be classed as bumps.
    Threadspoiling is not permitted. Do not comment within any Fo.lk thread unless you are actually interested in the item listed, or you have a valid URL with that exact item listed cheaper elsewhere. Links to auction / marketplace sites are not allowed.
    Lowball offers are classed as threadspoiling, as is thread hijacking.**
    Restricted Items List - These items cannot be sold on Fo.lk:

Weapons
    Medicines / Age Restricted Products
    Copied Media
    Console Cards / Pandora type batteries
    Alcohol
    Tobacco / accessories
    Illegal Substances
    Sexually Explicit Items
    Non Transferable Gaming/Adword Accounts
    Cable TV Boxes
    Rail Tickets
    Football Tickets

Trade Obligations
    Once an offer is made and accepted, it should be considered final.
    Accepting a higher bid beyond this point is not permitted, this is not an auction site.
    Failure by either party to complete an agreed trade may result in suspension from the site.
    Goods remain the sellers responsibility until buyer has confirmed receipt of the item.

Closing your Fo.lk listing
    Once you've completed a sale or trade and both parties are happy with the outcome, please report your thread for closure.

All threads should be closed, it's your responsibility to manage your threads yourself. If you did not manage to sell your item or if your thread is lying dormant, you must request for it to be closed at least seven days before it's relisted. Any items from closed threads cannot be offered in other threads for at least seven days.

If Fo.lk moderators deem your trade unsafe, they may close your thread pending further information. If this happens and you disagree with the decision, please do not re-list your items. You must use the contact us link to send any additional info the team have asked for.

Enjoy using fo.lk and trade safely!

* The marker of RRP will be determined by cross indexing with Amazon or other well known retailer.

** Thread Hijacking - Taking over someone else's thread and using it for your own means.

where's the savvy?

Click on an Avatar and that tells you how long someone has been registered for.

Come on Big Rick, do something, you're his only hope.

Ahh.... that's is the lesson !! I hardly buy anything from new member with less feedbacks these days if they don't post first.

Sorry to hear about this OP, but as you know only a small claim court can help you BUT no address, no details is a bit of mission.

Perhaps you should try to scam him back with his bank details in your hand..lol...

Banned

Well done OP for leaving the neg to warn others. You might be able to get some contact details from the other users who got scammed on here hotukdeals.com/for…186 as they traded so will at the very least have an address

What is this HKUD's you talk of? Sounds dodgy...

have you tired googling her user name to see if she is on any other forums etc

deb8z

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that … Please be advised, all buyers and sellers should satisfy themselves that either party is genuine by providing and verifying the following via PM to each other and to Admin or a Moderator if they wish to keep a record: Verified landline telephone number - make a CALL to check out the area code and number are correct!Name and address including postcodeValid e-mail address [no disposable addresses such as @gmail or @yahoo for example]If you're using PayPal, check to see if the seller has eBay feedback. You can also make a small payment to and from each other to validate the PayPal e-mail addressIf possible, collect and pay for items in person Only buy from Verified PayPal Members if possibleDo NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself. Offer and acceptance of trade or sale must be posted in relevant thread. You must NOT deal by PM only.You must NOT have items for sale or trade elsewhere online if listed here and NOT 'bump' your thread more than a total of 3 times.Please post images of the actual items for sale to show the condition and that you have the items in your possession. Thanks!Before using Fo.lk, please read the following:Playing it SafeFo.lk is only as safe as the community which takes care of it, it's up to you to be careful when trading. If you see anything suspicious, please report the thread quickly with any details you may have. Request user feedback elsewhere, Ebay for example. Make sure you obtain a secondary form of contact, check phone numbers, email addresses and home addresses addresses before sending any cash. Use Paypal rather than bank transfers or other forms of money exchange.Additional protection may be offered but does not cover all scenarios nor does it guarantee a full refund. See the Buyer Protection Off Ebay for further info. Paypal gift, whilst convenient, offers no such protection. Caveat Emptor. Do NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with all details being correct. It's in your best interest to check out these details yourself. This forum is equivalent to a newspaper's classified section, Fo.lk is not responsible for and does not vouch for any listings or sales/trades in this forum! Use your head, follow the guidelines, evaluate the risk and make your own decision. Ten Basic RulesNo business / traderlike behaviour. Selling more than two of the same item in a three month period is classed as bulk sales, and is therefore not permitted. Profiteering is not permitted and you must not list items for higher than their RRP.* Vouchers with minimum spend or next to no resale value cannot be sold. You cannot link to external sales or businesses (Ebay listings or your own website, for example.)Sales negotiations must take part within the respective thread. Dealing by PM or email is not allowed. Personal details should not be added to any Fo.lk listings. You cannot list items on Fo.lk if you have a live listing for the same item elsewhere.Only one person per household can use Fo.lk. If your partner or a family member is also a Fo.lk user, please use the contact form. Any multiple accounts will be suspended from the site. Currency / money exchange is not permittedDo not bump your threads excessively. It's not fair on other users. Three bumps per thread are allowed. Any unnecessary comments will be classed as bumps. Threadspoiling is not permitted. Do not comment within any Fo.lk thread unless you are actually interested in the item listed, or you have a valid URL with that exact item listed cheaper elsewhere. Links to auction / marketplace sites are not allowed. Lowball offers are classed as threadspoiling, as is thread hijacking.**Restricted Items List - These items cannot be sold on Fo.lk:WeaponsMedicines / Age Restricted ProductsCopied MediaConsole Cards / Pandora type batteriesAlcoholTobacco / accessoriesIllegal SubstancesSexually Explicit ItemsNon Transferable Gaming/Adword AccountsCable TV BoxesRail TicketsFootball TicketsTrade ObligationsOnce an offer is made and accepted, it should be considered final.Accepting a higher bid beyond this point is not permitted, this is not an auction site.Failure by either party to complete an agreed trade may result in suspension from the site.Goods remain the sellers responsibility until buyer has confirmed receipt of the item. Closing your Fo.lk listingOnce you've completed a sale or trade and both parties are happy with the outcome, please report your thread for closure. All threads should be closed, it's your responsibility to manage your threads yourself. If you did not manage to sell your item or if your thread is lying dormant, you must request for it to be closed at least seven days before it's relisted. Any items from closed threads cannot be offered in other threads for at least seven days. If Fo.lk moderators deem your trade unsafe, they may close your thread pending further information. If this happens and you disagree with the decision, please do not re-list your items. You must use the contact us link to send any additional info the team have asked for. Enjoy using fo.lk and trade safely!* The marker of RRP will be determined by cross indexing with Amazon or other well known retailer.** Thread Hijacking - Taking over someone else's thread and using it for your own means.

you are one busy girl deb8z is there anythink you dont know?

lalalad

think i've just been scammed by him/her too...she give me her address … think i've just been scammed by him/her too...she give me her address though... plus i've sent my swap via recorded delivery so she'll have to sign for it... heres their address.**** removed ***

Think you should keep that to PMs.

IMO this isn't a scam. This person has given out personal details and I reckon it is more likely they are very very poorly organised/lazy and have a poor attitude to trading.

I agreed to a trade with them too but refused to send mine first (they are new with no seller feedback and I have a few seller feedbacks and fairly regular on the forum).
    After asking for all rules to be followed - photo of item with user name as well as name, address, landline number to make call, they agreed to send first but it never arrived. I only agreed a week or so ago and know the post has been slow which is why I haven't left feedback yet, I'm hoping she is genuine and has a genuine reason but I'm thinking probably not now after several complaints.
    Watervoles is out of pocket and by the sounds of things has more details than you, it might be worth having a chat.
    For me on this occasion following the rules saved me from any issues, but I do feel for the other people and really hope something gets sorted, maybe small claims court if you feel strongly about it and can patch some details together.

Banned

well.......how do you know its not?
    she'd have to give her address the last few times so she could be sent the gift vouchers ect...
    i don't know address is there shes scammed others on this forum....she should be named and shamed.

lalalad

well.......how do you know its not?she'd have to give her address the … well.......how do you know its not?she'd have to give her address the last few times so she could be sent the gift vouchers ect...i don't know address is there shes scammed others on this forum....she should be named and shamed.

Have you tried to check it out? I've just searched 192.com and there is at least 1 "C Robertson" at that address, maybe more (need to register to see, which I'm not going to do).

My point is, there is a difference between a scammer and someone who is utterly useless. I think this person is useless. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't detract what they have done to people here and it should be followed up. But I would suggest doing it via the small claims process if you have name/address.

Supermod

Big Rick still not turned up?

magicjay1986

On his way to Wick ...

magicjay1986

Lol, I thought his style was to wait a couple of years and send the heavies round?

Banned

richp

have you tired googling her user name to see if she is on any other … have you tired googling her user name to see if she is on any other forums etc

FINALLY

oh sorry wrong guy... i thought you were Big Rick

sickly sweet

Lol, I thought his style was to wait a couple of years and send the … Lol, I thought his style was to wait a couple of years and send the heavies round?

Nooo that was another guy,he waits two years and smashes their windows.

Banned

Ghulam35

whose big rick?

best post ever

bykergrove

FINALLYoh sorry wrong guy... i thought you were Big Rick

nah I'm little dick, big dick's a no show !
    Edited by: "richp" 15th Sep 2010

Hi guys/girls, im one of the people that is out of pocket! I do have her address but no telephone number. I've tried to get this from 118118 but they must be ex-directory :-(. I am hoping that ive not been scammed but considering the voucher I sent was received and signed for well over a week ago iam beginning to think I have. I take it on the chin that I should not be so trusting and chalk this one down to experience!

watervoles

Hi guys/girls, im one of the people that is out of pocket! I do have her … Hi guys/girls, im one of the people that is out of pocket! I do have her address but no telephone number. I've tried to get this from 118118 but they must be ex-directory :-(. I am hoping that ive not been scammed but considering the voucher I sent was received and signed for well over a week ago iam beginning to think I have. I take it on the chin that I should not be so trusting and chalk this one down to experience!

don't forget to leave neg feedback to warn others,though they are banned from trading for now anyway
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047143
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1425
      3. word association Game73944522
      4. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2869
      5. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7181352

See more discussions